What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights RLWC watch

Pedge1971

First Grade
Thought I would create this as it seems to be getting plenty of content in the Signings forum. Games played to date:

Gagai: alright he is gone but was ours this year. Good debut. Strong all round. Proves his best spot is wing.

Levi: great game. When he came on the Kiwis got going. His fwds need to learn how to play with him. Got them on the front foot a lot but missed a load of opportunities because they didnt follow him.

Pete Mat: limited chances but contributed where he could.

JSaf: quiet. Not his best but the experience will be great for him.

Jack Johns: bad day in the office all round. No point saying more. Injury not great.

Interested in others thoughts and a way to track any injuries god forbid.

PhilGould

Bench
Missed the Italy game, what happened with Jack?

Herman was good off the bench for Samoa and Heighington was decent.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
JJ to me just seems off the pace a bit. A bit slow for every play. He looks the same in U20s, but I guess the step up in class found it out a bit more.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Johns has a broken arm and is out of the tournament. Agree he looked off the pace.

Yeah forgot Herman. He was strong.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Herman was great in a beaten team yesterday. Cannot wait to see him in red and blue with the Saf boys.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Levi let in a very soft try running out of the line and having an arm grab. Other than that he was good. Put that defensive error down to a bit of a brain explosion

Pedge1971

First Grade
Danny was enthusiastic today but a bit quiet. Imo Kidwell had the right idea on how to use him in the opening games but he (Kidwell) shat himself when Tonga came roaring back today.

In a game where the Kiwis needed to put on more points rather than shut up shop benching Danny shows why Kidwell will never make it as a top line coach.

Also, his fwds do not leverage the advantage he can provide around the ruck.

Happy for Kidwell to leave him on the bench out of harms way for the rest of the WC if it suits..

Still Nutty

Juniors
Played well. Got through plenty of work and was close to the best forwards on the park. Made a couple of errors back to back in the 2nd half but was still one of Samoa's best.

This is one of the players we are getting so much advantage in getting this type of exposure to top class football at such a young age...I think he is going to go up to another level next year for us and this will be much more beneficial than and pre-season training the rest of the squad is going through at the moment - he is one of the players I am really excited to see in the red and blue next year

aqua_duck

Coach
IMO Ese ese has been Samoa's best forward, outplaying the likes of Junior Paulo, Papalii, Pritchard, etc