What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Sign Beau Scott

Alex28

Coach
What a great signing! Fantastic we are slowly taking all the good out of the Dragons and leaving them with the old and the crap :)

Wato

Juniors
Great signing. Another origin player, we will be losing so many players to origin in the years to come. Has to be the end of Taia. Will he last the year or join Tui in reggies?

Jono078

Referee
Wow!

Hope he can remain an enforcer of sorts and is in his prime with us.

Wayne certainly got the best out of him!

Whats Doing

Bench
Great signing for the next 2 years but not sure about the 4 years we have signed him for when he will be 33

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Fantastic signing. I really rate Scott.

But if Bennett is giving up on Taia already, he shouldn't. He's our best backrower when fit and in form.

Silent Knight

First Grade
F*** yeah! The one player I wanted more than any other out of the Dragons pack and he's ours! Truckload of mongrel! And it only goes to show Deano...we've got the best coach and alllllllllll the money (see picture)...

show-me-the-money.jpg

Of course the Dragons are probably freeing up cap space to get Brett and Glenn Stewart. So it will probably work out well for them in the end. It's Manly that's going to get screwed here :badgrin:

I tell you what though. I'd be fairly nervous if I was an off-contract Knights player after this season is through. Something's gotta give.

Spot On

Coach
I thought Tui was given the chop to free up money for him, even considering the depth of backrowers atm?

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
Hmm, maybe you guys have seen more of Scott than I, but I think that while he is a very good player, he's a bit overrated. Also am a little surprised to see us get a backrower (to add to our already stacked backrow) while we continue to look a little thin in the prop department (especially with Tui removed from the rotation - at least for the moment)

Good signing though nonetheless :D

RABK

Referee
If it is indeed Taia on the outer i wouldn't deem him a loss, even if he wasn't been replaced by Beau Scott. Outside a 12 month purple patch he, for mine, has shown himself to be nothing more than a talented ball runner who lacks involvement and starch. A guy with the skills and mentality of a centre but too slow to play there.

Tolar once had a purple patch in 2006.

Beau Scott is as tough as they come without been a grub. In Origin 2 last year he smashed the unsmashable Matt Scott, twice. He, Costigan, Edwards and McKinnon will be the hardest hitting backrow for a generation. Bennett is clearly moving us towards a defensive, grinding, disciplined unit and away from 'purple patch' players who turn up 6 weeks a year.