What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights sign Mickey Paea

Burns

First Grade
We made a signing, huh. Seems pretty decent, 29 years old isn't too bad. Seems like he was keen to come back so we may have got him cheaply.

One thing about Paea is he will not back down to anyone. Dude is aggressive. Has been a standout for Hull FC. Too bad we couldn't get him for this season.

Frederick

Staff member
Hopefully we have as much success with him as Canberra have had with soliola

otori

Juniors
I love when media releases for the NRL use player quotes with words like delighted and whilst. Having heard Paea speak, I doubt he could even pronounce those words. Still, good signing. I actually think this is a smart move and a quality pick up

Is this the Paea that Gallen racially abused?

Noname36

First Grade
At least with him and Stockwell we'll have some size coming off the bench.

I'd probably start Snowy and Korbin. They were working well together early in the year and I don't think Sims is big enough to provide enough impact from the bench.

Or try and buy another prop and play Korbin at lock if Smith leaves.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Could be worse news... but I assume he'll be 30 by the time he gets here. MAybe we'll get a couple of good years out of him?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm pleased with this signing as at least it shows the club knows that front row is an area we need to work on. He should walk straight onto our bench I would imagine. Assuming we didn't pay too much it looks like a decent signing.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Could be worse news... but I assume he'll be 30 by the time he gets here. MAybe we'll get a couple of good years out of him?
We lose Scott, Fa'alogo and possibly Smith next year so a bit of experience in our pack wouldn't hurt.

I'd be a little concerned if he was a bit older but 30 isn't too bad really. Should get a few good years out of him at least like you said.

I love when media releases for the NRL use player quotes with words like delighted and whilst. Having heard Paea speak, I doubt he could even pronounce those words. Still, good signing. I actually think this is a smart move and a quality pick up

Is this the Paea that Gallen racially abused?

Yes it is. He wanted to knock Gallen out but Gallen relized he made a mistake and they left it on the field which to both their credit didn't let linger on. He called Paea "Black C#$%" but then retracted it by showing he was sorry for the heat of the moment.

Good player good signing for the Knights

Swarzey

Bench
tbh, I think it's a good buy. We really don't have anyone else to throw good money at next year and with us losing so much experience, he'll be a handy buy. Furthermore, there's been a big wave of forwards being bog average in the NRL, going to the ESL and coming back gems; if Paea is anything like them, our bench will be pretty f**king good next year with him being the impact player we've needed.

Considering we've got guys like Scott and Smith who really still turn up week in and week out and play consistent football, his age isn't much of a concern. At least not yet.

PhilGould

Bench
Not a marque signing by any means but a solid replacement for Fa'alogo. A big guy with plenty of aggression, hopefully he can be our equivalent to Sam Moa or Sia Soliola

At 30 he has four or five years left. We might see his best form. The boy is big. The interesting thing is all the mail was St George or another Sydney club. This club is very good at signing on the quiet. It gives hope they may pull a shock signing out of their arse. The good type.

I hope we get Cornish.

Swarzey

Bench
Apparently Cornish is going to Manly.

The club has said for weeks that they're sticking with Roberts so really no one should be surprised that we won't get him. That's not to say we didn't make a play, just because we haven't been public about it. Manly have the cap space with at least Foran moving on, never going to get Cornish against them.