What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights squad for Saturday trial at Wauchope

Noname36

First Grade
I was the photographer there yesterday and gotta say, impressed with Nathan Ross and Tyler Randell. Both looked very good. Granted they were playing under strength group footy teams but still, they looked good. So did BJ Leilua, but it would have been embarrassing if he didn't because he played the whole 80 minutes.

Feeney's arm break was pretty bad. He screamed and later on I saw him in the sheds getting some big needles stuck in his arm. I saw him again today at a kids coaching clinic and spoke to him. He said there were no noticeable breaks in the main bone but they can't see inside the elbow because of the swelling, so he's off for CT scans and what not.

I wasn't too impressed with Snowden. Playing against group sides he didn't play long minutes and focused more on passing instead of just carting it up. He was solid but nothing overly impressive.

Thanks for the rundown mate. I'm actually happy Snowy is doing some passing. He's one of our only forwards left that can do a bit of ball playing so we need him to keep it up. We know he can cart it up when need be. Despite the criticism he gets he's still our most effective prop easily. His fitness and back injury will always be the massive concern though. He's had a long time off too with ASADA and that so I'm sure he'll be better for the run.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Thought I read that Snowy was recovery from Knee injury in off season?? Clean up surgery or something. Anywho he is actually getting pretty effective with that passing game... And Vai Vai and Matarora amongst other will do plenty for us this year!

I think we have forwards with the potential to be very skilful. Tariq has a great offload on him. Jeremy Smith the same and he used to be very skilled at Melbourne before the old mythological git took it out of his game. Beau can turn it on when He has to being a former back. I want to see us use our forwards as a link between them and the backs. Like Des coaches the Bulldogs. If we get it right our backs will really put on a show. That might explain Snowdens passing obsession in the trials. Somewhere in this side is a team capable of winning the premiership. It is a case of Stone being good enough to 1. Make them believe that and 2. Finding a game that they can believe in. We didn't go one game shy in 2013 by accident. The top sides also look significantly weaker. The Roosters lost their gun player in SBW. Parra the same with Hayne. Burgess at Souths. I do not see one side running away with it at all.

Last edited:
Snowy has always had a good pass in him. Our attack always seemed to look a lot better when snowden was in a passing mood. Normally he will take the line on like a normal hit up then pass just before the line, drawing one or 2 defenders which creates outside space.

As for our back rowers passing to the backs, well that was one of our best attacking plays in the glory days when we had Simpson and Kennedy causing havoc.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I remember our structure years ago under Stone and B Smith involved a lot of passing between the forwards. They would run to the line beside the ball carrier, receive a short ball and get cheap easy metres (Taia and Fa'aoso were awesome at it). I'm a big fan of that because our pack seemed to play above their weight a fair bit when were successful at it. It's a bit high risk, but could be necessary against a team like Souths.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
I remember our structure years ago under Stone and B Smith involved a lot of passing between the forwards. They would run to the line beside the ball carrier, receive a short ball and get cheap easy metres (Taia and Fa'aoso were awesome at it). I'm a big fan of that because our pack seemed to play above their weight a fair bit when were successful at it. It's a bit high risk, but could be necessary against a team like Souths.

I'll always remember the short ball Fa'aoso delivered for Wicks to score against the Roosters one year. It was magnificent.

9 from our last 12 won. That is all we need to remember. We can be the entertainers this season. If they referee the ruck properly we have the backs to put on a score.

Knight Vision

First Grade
9 from our last 12 won. That is all we need to remember. We can be the entertainers this season. If they referee the ruck properly we have the backs to put on a score.
Indeed. Half the battle is mental. If the team is confident and working for each other we have the roster to go deep into the finals if we're blessed with few injuries.

Latest posts