What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights team

roopy

Referee
Robbie O'Davis
Craig Hall
Timana Tahu
Russell Richardson
George Carmont
Matthew Gidley
Kurt Gidley
Josh Perry
Danny Buderus
Adam Woolnough
Todd Lowrie
Daniel Abraham
Ben Kennedy (c)
Interchange:

Matt Parsons
Matthew Kennedy
Andrew Price
Riley Brown

The Gidleys' are both in outstanding form and have really got a great understanding - so they will lend a lot of variation to the attack, which is something we often lack without Johns.
The forward pack plus bench is only short of Steve Simpson. Apart from him it is the best pack we have.
The backs are a bit of a worry - but hey - we are only playing Saints.

Godz Illa

Coach
You should probably stop sniffing glue dude. It causes brain damage, as well as confusion, depression, muscle clenching, involuntary teeth clenching, nausea, blurred vision, rapid eye movement and sweating. Other side effects include projectile vomiting, stupidity, leg cramps, frequent bowel movements (every ten minutes), painful urination when sitting, stigmata, fungal eyebrow growth, hallucinations of the Virgin Mary and impotence.

Southernsaint

Staff member
thuganomics said:
GO THE KNIGHTS- WE HAVE THIS GAME IN THE BAG.

Our forwards can't possibly lay the middle of the ruck that badly again. Give the backs some go forward & at 50% of the ball or more (not bloody 38% like last week) & we'll go alright.

Bring on Sunday. The week draaaaags after a shitty loss like last weekend.

Cheers,
Ben S.

roopy

Referee
O'Davis, Tahu and Hall are all doubtfull at this stage. It is very likely that teenager Riley Brown will start in the centres and fullback Michael Young (another teenager) is also a very likely starter at either Fullback or wing. Ennis (another teenager) will come onto the bench.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I just read in the SMH that Newcastle actually have 7.5 start at SportsTAB - interesting...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
I just read in the SMH that Newcastle actually have 7.5 start at SportsTAB - interesting...

Cheers,
Ben S.
If I was a rabid Knights supporter, I'd be getting some that action.
But being on the other side of madness, I'll being backing Saints as usual. ;-)

roopy

Referee
Far be it from me to talk up Saints, but that looks a very strong side, and hopefully the Knights will be at their lowest ebe of the season in this game - I mean, we have a crises in the backs which will get better with 5 guys due back from injury in the next two weeks and we are basically throwing out our gameplans and starting with a clean slate for this game.
If you can't beat us in this game you are in for a long season.

Collateral

Coach
The inclusion of gasnier in our team was a bad mistake, from all reports he wasnt a standout last week in PL, so why promote him? Creagh should be given the run at Centre.

Doctor

Bench
roopy said:
If you can't beat us in this game you are in for a long season.

This was always the case, despite my prediction of a 6 point win to Newcastle (and they say I'm a pessimist!). :lol:

But in saying that, full marks to the Dragons today. It was a hard-fought win, they capitalised on the mistakes and didn't let the Knights have even a sniff of a try.

The Knights were significantly under-strengthed:
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/injuries.asp

....but the Dragons didn't let that distract them from the job at hand - they won in convincing fashion.

The Dragons have always been a bogey team, but today was just woeful - no coordination from the Knights, no line-breaks whatsoever and gaping holes in the defence.

Dragons come away with a 46 point thumping over our wounded Knights - I'd like to say: "see you in the finals", but can't.

1. We may well play each other before then.
2. I'm confident you'll make it into the eight, but with our current side I think we'll be lucky not to slot in around 10-12.

Latest posts