What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Balmain Premier League game

roopy

Referee
Michael Young
Michael Fortier
Gavin Quinn
Craig Hall
Joshua Smith
Todd Bates
Chris Tyrie
Daniel Tolar
Michael Ennis
Brendan Worth
Blake Mueller (C)
Matthew Bartlett
Mark Jaques
Interchange

Riley Brown
Matthew White
Dane Tilse
Jared Taylor

This is the Knights side named, but the word today is that Woolnough and Price are likely starters in Premier League when they get medical clearances. Balmain have had pretty good form all season, while the Knights have been up and down. Mostly down.
Craig Hall is playing his first game of Premier League this season after playing all year in firstgrade.
Jarod Taylor came to us with a history of having played firstgrade, but he is hopeless.
The standout player so far this season, and especially in the last half of the season, is hooker Michael Ennis. He has scored 17 tries from 16 games as a hooker, which is a pretty good effort.
Balmain should win, but I like the chances of the Knights if Woolnough is in and wants his firstgrade spot back.

Spike

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
Bailey said:
roopy said:
Balmain should win, but I like the chances of the Knights

me too........preach it novocastrain brother! :lol:

Good to see you finally admit they will lose :lol:

Mr T, I pity the fool who underestimates novocastrain tenacity. when the Knights knuckle down, they can beat any team which was shown when they beat the eels against all odds earlier this year in premier league. The Tigers might be the better side on paper but paper is what you wipe your arse with...... or small wild animals like possums and rabbits. When it's all said and done the Knights will come out victorious.

p.s I know I'm setting myself up to be humiliated but you have to understand my position of being a Knights fan and the support that I'm obligated to give them no matter what

VICTORIOUS I SAY!!!!!!!!!!

I've also been drinking

brook

First Grade
balmain team is

1. cupples
2. caine
3. nowland
4. kelly
5. carney
6. harris
7. tippett
8. attenborough
9. bowman
10. hawkins
11. wozniak
12. lima
13. white

14. obst
16. farah (charlie)
17. harper
18. thompson

Mighty Tiger

Bench
No Small, Greally, Luland, Sami, Farrar, Heighnington or Milton hmmmm and with Caine in the side the score will go from being a 40pt thrashing to only a small 16pt margin in favour of the Tigers :D

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah, thats a lot of players out for Balmain and u gotta wonder how well they'd be going with limited injuries. Add to that injury list Issaka and O'Donnell, Thats 9 players all good enough to be playing PL. U can probably add a few JF players such as Harisson to that list too.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I suppose it just shows how much depth we do have in our ranks out at Balmain.

At least we know that Luland, Milton, Farrar, Hieghnington, Halatua, Trindall, Greally would all be fit for the finals if we made them :)

roopy

Referee
The Knights started with Woolnough, Price and Tanner in for Tolar, Worth and Jaques in the forwards, and Riley Brown in for Hall at centre.

The Balmain side won by 30-20 after a strong comeback when they looked well beaten with 10 minutes to go. I think it showed that they had a lot more to play for with their gutsy comeback, because I thought the Knights had them well and truely beaten in the forwards, but they found a burst to get two tries - one real one and a soft one after the bell to make the score look better than it was (was 24-20 with Knights attacking as the bell sounded, but Knights spilt the ball and gave away a try).

The best player for the Knights was big Dane Tilse.

One classic play saw the big man (2 metres tall, 110kg) take a Balmain forward in a tackle 20 metres out from the Balmain line and hold him upright while he drove him back 15 metres towards the Balmain line. The guy threw the ball anywhere to stop being driven back over the line and the Knights came up with it.

Balmain were bashed in the forwards and did a lot of lying around and limping off the field etc, but they kept trying hard and eventually came up with a very gutsy win. Congrats.

roopy

Referee
Ps,
I is probably bad news that Balmain made several changes to their starting lineup and got several injuries during the game. They had to send the injured Tippett back out to limp around for the last 15 minutes, but he put in a big effort and was a big part of their comeback.

brook

First Grade
a hugely gutsy effort by the tiges given that we started without half our top team - not only was small gone but hawkins hardly played and lima was also abscent (in brisbane perhaps?) and our forwards did struggle - huge wraps to thomo who really did get more involved this time and made some great runs

to make matters worse we lost balin early in the first half (didn't look good, i think its his ankle again) and he was playing great before hand scoring a great 100m try...and leigh bowman as well

brook

First Grade
yeah he sure did - had a mixed game but mostly good especially given we lost all our experienced backs