What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Dragons Post Match Thread

antonius

Coach
Jobdog said:
Yes but Tony, u have to realise the players we had out. Sure they had 5 origin players out, but that was about it I think, bar Head. Compare that with our 12 or so players out, basically our premier league side playing the dragons first grade side and I found some positives to suggest we still will not get the spoon.

What I'm saying is I left the game knowing even when our "Stars" come back we still don't look to have anything that's going to give me any optimism for the future. We look a team of tired people, we have no spark, and I don't think the injection of Johns even will change that much. The whole side needs a major re-fit, that means a lot of players we consider reg first graders need to go, because by the rest of the comps standards, a lot of ours aren't up to the standard. It's interesting and sad that you are happy at the thought we might not get the spoon. I'm not being critical of you either, just making an observation on how our aspirations for the team have changed dramatically, we will be happy not to win the spoon!!!.

thuganomics

Coach
I think the injection of Johns will really lift the boys up. At home, against the Broncos..always a close match if they win, normally a smashing if we win.

antonius

Coach
Have to add one more thing, It was great to see 19,000 fans there last night, it really shows this club has the best supporters going round. The chant sounded awesome out of the new stand.

gregstar

Referee
antonius said:
Have to add one more thing, It was great to see 19,000 fans there last night, it really shows this club has the best supporters going round. The chant sounded awesome out of the new stand.
so true!
well done knights fans! your crowd support is truly fantastic!
imagine other clubs after a similar start? there would be tumbleweeds in the stands.
the game wasn't much to look at but i'm glad we managed another win.
better luck next weekend knights fans - i'll bet other club's would kill for your support

Doctor

Bench
Smith is takes the ball up and while he is tackled ..he gets 3 forearm rakes across the face ..gets up holding the bloke..doesnt play the ball cause dragons come from everywhere..and smith GETS a penalty against him!Its on the screen for all to see and he doesnt see it!!!..for christs sake..whats the video ref doing????

The English referee Russell Smith was in charge of yesterday's match between the Panthers and the Sharks. I thought he had a reasonable game actually, and I'll tell you why: he didn't let things get to him personally, and he was always maintaining control. There was a kick that went into touch, but most people knew that it had been touched..... Smith said "I didn't see it" and said he had no option other than to award a scrum to the team that had touched it, instead of the team that kicked it. It seems like the video ref had a word to him, and said it had been touched. No dramas -- he reversed the decision before the scrum packed, and they scored off that set.

Why can't a referee like Shayne Hayne utilise the video referee too? Clearly it works when all the on-field officials miss a blatantly illegal act. The real shame of Smith's incident, where he copped a number of blows to the face from a dirty Dragons player, is that the mistake made was preventable if only the referee checked with the man upstairs.

In the end, Shayne Hayne had a shocker.

antonius

Coach
Russel Smith/and or the vid ref, made a monumental blooper in yesterdays game. At a crucial point in the match (Scores were close) The sharks clearly knocked on, not a fumble covered by bodies, but an obvious dropped ball, the crowd bayed, everyone saw it except apparently Smith, and the vid ref must have no say in the matter, or chose to ignor it. The Sharks scored off that set, and went on to win the game. Any Panthers fans would be well with in their rights to be pretty p!ssed off with that.

Doctor

Bench
antonius said:
Russel Smith/and or the vid ref, made a monumental blooper in yesterdays game. At a crucial point in the match (Scores were close) The sharks clearly knocked on, not a fumble covered by bodies, but an obvious dropped ball, the crowd bayed, everyone saw it except apparently Smith, and the vid ref must have no say in the matter, or chose to ignor it. The Sharks scored off that set, and went on to win the game. Any Panthers fans would be well with in their rights to be pretty p!ssed off with that.

I only saw a couple of 10 or 15 minute blocks, and the commentators kept saying how good the refereeing was. My apologies to the Panthers fans who feel robbed this morning. Perhaps, if anything, this is a case that ought to show just how crucial the video referee could be in these cases. Clearly the correct decision can be made in most cases just by seeing the replay.

The trouble is, what if a referee calls something that the video referee later tells him was incorrect. What if he calls a knock-on against the Sharks, and is about to pack a scrum when the video ref radios through to say that the player hadn't knocked-on at all? Does he restart the tackle count and give the ball back to the Sharks? I suppose the danger is that we end up changing some decisions but not others.

bluesbreaker

Bench
The "waiting for Cronulla..." quote is one of the funniest things to ever come out of anyones mouth. I like it, a lot.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Jaysus the Panthers certainly can't whinge about refereeing decisions, Russell Smith effectively handed them the Dragons 4th round game up at penrith with some of the most disgraceful and mystifying interpretations I have ever witnessed in a RL game, Especially two obstruction penalities, where the Dragons had scored tries but were called back and the resulting penalites allowed the Panthers to get out of their end and score at try at our end which ultimately cost the dragons the game. Thankfully as Karma would have it, it's come back to haunt the Panthers in truckloads.

The Little People said:
No thats an effort of stupidity. It wasnt a grand final and we werent down to our last man on the bench. All playing injured did was meant that he didnt inject himself into the backline in attack so probably cost us the game. Well done Boosey.

He was trying to lift the team when we've been down and out and thought that his experience would help.

It was a selfless effort when he was in a great deal of play think that he has to go at the end of the year but credit his effort.

Knights played a good game still, I wanted to get on the field and crash tackle the hayne rather than the players. I honestly think Thommo should of been off. The ammount of times that boy does tackles like those few on Saturday are unbelivable but i mean it wasnt just that ONE it was like 3-4 on Sat and the ref did sh*t all. And as far as saints fans saying well Newcastle did this and they did that, they did nothing that we werent doing. I say keep the boys out with injuries for a lil longer than needed let them fully recover to 100% and get themselves back to top standard and then bring them on the field and noone will know what hit em :D UP THE KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perry is the idiot who should be blamed for the loss, he should no better. All he was trying to do all game was start fights and play dirty and the sooner we get rid of him the better