What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Eels Jersey Flegg Semi Final

Hurriflatch

Referee
Jersey Flegg vs Newcastle
@ Aussie Stadium on
Sunday 18 Sep @ 12 noon

1 - Michael BASAN
2 - Krisnan INU
3 – Ben FARRAR
4 - Jarryd HAYNE
5 - Simon MICALLEF
6 - Blake GREEN
7 - Chris LAW
8 - Valu NASIO
9 - Matt KEATING
10 - Craig HESLOP
11 - Thomas MacGOUGAN
12 - David WILLIAMS
13 - Kurt SORENSEN

14 - Scott JONES
15 - Tim WYNN
16 - Justin WOOD
17 - Broderick WRIGHT
18 - David CAHALANE
19 – Jonathan TAVINOR
20 – Simon GREAVES

Coach –Matt Cameron

Misanthrope

Staff member
Knights to cruise through to the preliminary final. Too much skill across the park.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
CWB can u please not say things like that, they have a habit of coming back to bite u on the ass

Misanthrope

Staff member
CWB can u please not say things like that, they have a habit of coming back to bite u on the ass

It's my ass. I'll say what I want and bear the consequences.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: Not specifically, I'm sure we all want the flegg boys to go all the way, so if u go making statements like that then we're all going to hav to suffer the consequences!!!! :sto:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm sure we all want the flegg boys to go all the way, so if u go making statements like that then we're all going to hav to suffer the consequences!!!!

If the boys lose because I talked them up, then they obviously don't have a lot going for them in the first place.

roopy

Referee
Ben Farrer was one of our best last year, and he had a run in their firstgrade squad in the pre-season trials.
Micallef is a bloody good winger - and that Blake Green is a little powerhouse of a player who often gives us no end of trouble.
We have won 6 in a row and 7 of our last 8 I think - but we have been a bit lucky in a few of them.
I think we have to be favourites on form - but no game is easy in the finals.

Hurriflatch

Referee
on form the Knights are easy favorites, Parra's flegg team has been destroyed by injury later in the year.

coming into round 18 Parra played the Dragons in a match that the winner would've been outright 1st, Parra only lost that by 2 pts. Since then they have struggled and in the last round of the comp only beat the 2nd last placed bears on goalkicking.

If they get the act together Parra can beat any team in the comp but they haven't done that recently.

Frederick

Staff member
Knights v Eels Jersey Flegg Semi Final

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - Newcastle Knights

NEWCASTLE v EELS AT AUSSIE STADIUM

12.00PM SUNDAY, 18 SEPTEMBER 2005

JERSEY FLEGG

Coach: Rip Taylor

1. Sam Wooden
  2. Stephen Gordon
  3. Alex McCosker
  4. Matthew Cooper
  5. Aaron Hartmann
  6. Scott Dureau
  7. Luke Walsh ©
  8. Tim Natusch
  9. Nathan Berry
  10. Damien Frize
  11. Hanan Laban
  12. Matthew Jarrett
  13. Mitchell Steel
INTERCHANGE

1. Brendan Hunt
  2. Luke Grant
  3. Larry Taufua
  4. Brendan Hlad
  5. Jacob Ling
  6. Callan Richardson
  7. Lucas Miller
  8. Cory Paterson

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Same team which cruised through their match last week against the Roosters. On form u would expect us to keep our recent good form going, however semis are a funny brand of footy. Should we win, I do believe we will be playing the Sharks next Saturday arvo at Aussie for a shot at the Grand Final. But lets not get ahead of ourselves and just focus on beating Parra this week.

jennifer1985

Juniors
Personally I think he misses a lot of tackles. He seems to be a bit lazy in defence and relys a lot on other players to pick up his slack. In saying that he does score some tries, but never really sets anyone up. I am a firm believer that its not about scoring tries its about being able to be smart enough to set people up.

What do others think?

roopy

Referee
jennifer1985 said:
Personally I think he misses a lot of tackles. He seems to be a bit lazy in defence and relys a lot on other players to pick up his slack. In saying that he does score some tries, but never really sets anyone up. I am a firm believer that its not about scoring tries its about being able to be smart enough to set people up.

What do others think?
I think he has been one of the big improvers in the last half of the season.
When he first got his starting position in the centres he seemed to miss tackle after tackle, and his attack was only fair IMO - but the big boy has really put his hand up in attack recently, and his defence is alright now.
I don't think he is as good as Abel, or even Cooper - but I prefer him to Hunt.

Rex Banner

Juniors
I could not agree more Roopy!!! In previous threads JEN has sung the praise of HUNT (who IMO can't tackle,can't move sideways and is very slow) and now turnaround and say things that McCosker can't do. JEN you must know Hunt really well IMO.
Roopy can you work out how Hunt won Flegg Player of the Year???????????
Started the year at 5/8 against weak opposition. Was just OK.
Got moved to the centre and was not up to it.
Played a little as backrow, defence was sus.
Became a bench player to fill in at various positions but hooker was maybe his best.
After winning the Player of the Year he is picked on the bench and plays less than 20 minutes at the end of the game with the team winning easily.
So therefore the best Flegg player is a bench player who is good for less than 20 minutes if your well infront. HOW DID HE WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennifer1985

Juniors
why is it that if you rate a player you must obviously no them! i don't know any flegg players personally. I just watch them with every home game.

roopy

Referee
jennifer1985 said:
im judging them on their performance. Did hunt get player of the year?? is that just for flegg?
Hunt got player of the year in Flegg - Walsh got it in Ball - and Richardson got the Carlsen medal.

How Hunt got the award is a mystery to me, unless Jennifer is one of the judges (just joking). He is a big unit with good ball skills, fair speed and good strength - so I have always thought we should be able to use him somehow - but he is not as good a hooker as Berry - he has nothing when compared to Dureau at 5/8 - Abel, McManus, Cooper and even McKosker are better in the centres. He might make a good lock forward, but Grant and Steel are two of our best players and are way ahead of him.
It will be interesting to see how they use him next season. My tip is lock.

Latest posts