What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

JokerEel

Coach
Russell has been a centre/fullback most of his career, he's only played on the wing in the NRL. I guess it makes sense to put him back in his natural position.

When Gutho came to Parra from Manly, we put him on the wing.

Why though? if he is not going to be a center why not play on the wing where you need to develop these skills?

Gutho played on the wing 5/8 centre and finally fullback. Russ isnt Gutho

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why though? if he is not going to be a center why not play on the wing where you need to develop these skills?

Gutho played on the wing 5/8 centre and finally fullback. Russ isnt Gutho
Developing their utility value is a good thing. And for young players, developing their skills (running, tackling, playmaking, kicking, etc.) is more important than locking them down to a single position.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Developing their utility value is a good thing. And for young players, developing their skills (running, tackling, playmaking, kicking, etc.) is more important than locking them down to a single position.

GIF by MOODMAN

JokerEel

Coach
After Bea Arthur said he’s not a 6, and we wonder why our young players struggle when called up. It’s a shitshow with no one having a clue. Blow the whole f**king thing up.

Yep everyone is saying the same thing on all social media only 1 person agrees(simps) with the club

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if he is not going to be a center why not play on the wing where you need to develop these skills?

well we don't know that yet, he's still young, he may develop or be a dud or somewhere in between

if centre is his natural position then why not play him there in the lower grade

JokerEel

Coach
well we don't know that yet, he's still young, he may develop or be a dud or somewhere in between

if centre is his natural position then why not play him there in the lower grade

How many bombs is he going to catch at centre this weekend?

He is an NRL winger currently develop those skills.

Jack of all trades master of none....

JokerEel

Coach
Doorey will get a call up soon. Maybe I am the only one bit I think he is better then Kelma who is a slug

I don't get the fascination with Doorey he hasn't shown anything since coming back...he runs ok maybe 🤔

I also don't see the Kelma is a slug or can't defend either..
He showed what he is capable of in the trials and has been playing injured since the Panthers game.