What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sure but opportunities are also based on ability. I have no specific insights. I just know that if a player has NRL potential one of the clubs will eventually give him a run. Maybe that's us, but I'm not confident he will have even close to the impact he has in reserve grade. And if he has a weakness that's been hidden is reserve grade, it won't be in the NRL.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sure but opportunities are also based on ability. I have no specific insights. I just know that if a player has NRL potential one of the clubs will eventually give him a run. Maybe that's us, but I'm not confident he will have even close to the impact he has in reserve grade. And if he has a weakness that's been hidden is reserve grade, it won't be in the NRL.
Not always at our club mate.
Jrthur not ready
Edgy who went to Manly got a start due to no one else available and killed it.
Maka Paka might be another.
Dot pre judge when his numbers (and we all know Poo loves his numbers) have been outstanding in the Twos. Lets go big fella.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't really rate accumulation type stats, especially in the lower grades. It's why I think Gutherson is overrated. If Dylan Brown got that much early ball his stats would be through the roof, better than Gutherson's (imo). But he doesn't get the early ball because some other merkin always overcalls it when there's a chance for a big play. Nathan Brown is another who was overrated when he used to make 20 carries a game.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don't really rate accumulation type stats, especially in the lower grades. It's why I think Gutherson is overrated. If Dylan Brown got that much early ball his stats would be through the roof, better than Gutherson's (imo). But he doesn't get the early ball because some other merkin always overcalls it when there's a chance for a big play. Nathan Brown is another who was overrated when he used to make 20 carries a game.
Mate you and I being Drown fans is something we will never disagree on. Hes not being used correctly and we both know it. He is potentially our 1 million dollar superstar but wont ever be under our current systems and directions. Such a waste. He is being de skilled and under utilised.

hindy111

Post Whore

Agree. I have seen Makatoa and his impact in NSW cup is not big enough to be much in the NRL. I base this on seeing Stone and Alvaro in this level and they just look another level. Makatoa perhaps has been one of the better forwards but he hasn't destroyed teams. He might prove to be an ok fill in for 15mins.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Agree. I have seen Makatoa and his impact in NSW cup is not big enough to be much in the NRL. I base this on seeing Stone and Alvaro in this level and they just look another level. Makatoa perhaps has been one of the better forwards but he hasn't destroyed teams. He might prove to be an ok fill in for 15mins.
I guess we will see. Im predicting greater impact than Andrew Davey last year and from what Ive see on Stone in the 2s Id suggest hes been disappointing in that grade as well. Im looking forward to the Manly game. Fingers crossed he gets a reasonable run.

lingard

Coach
Mate you and I being Drown fans is something we will never disagree on. Hes not being used correctly and we both know it. He is potentially our 1 million dollar superstar but wont ever be under our current systems and directions. Such a waste. He is being de skilled and under utilised.
Will be very interesting to see how his career evolves (probably at the Warriors). I absolutely agree that he is being under utilised (and probably de-skilled) but I have serious doubts he will ever be anywhere near a million dollar player.

Gronk

Staff member
NSW Cup draw is out. The NRL side have 10 games at CBA Stadium. One home game is at TIO.

The NSW Cup side have 7 games at CBA stadium (before 1st grade), 3 games at Ringrose and 1 TBA.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was surprised by Rankins tackle efficiency @Poupou Escobar
"In 2021 Arthur finished with 10 games, seven tries, eight try assists, seven linebreak assists, five offloads, a tackle efficiency of 89.2%, 11 forced drop outs, 266 kicking metres per game and 55 running metres per game.

Rankin had an incredible year statistically finishing first in try assists (14) and linebreak assists (10), second in points (118), third in kick metres (2,841), as well as nine forced drop outs, a tackle efficiency of 94% and 60 running metres per game."

Im so looking forward to watching this pair in 2022. They were starting to own The NSW Cup Competition.

hindy111

Post Whore
Rankin is a guy who is solid at NSW cup level but no chance of NRL. It seems he has off field qualities also and why our club kept him around. If not for those I doubt he is with us

hindy111

Post Whore
Pou was the guy who claimed his defense is why he won't play NRL.

I think he just isnt that level in how whole game.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Rankin is a guy who is solid at NSW cup level but no chance of NRL. It seems he has off field qualities also and why our club kept him around. If not for those I doubt he is with us
Not dissimilar to Gower. Looks like hes doing good things off the field.

Latest posts