What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kobe scores 81

Wow. I just watched Kobe Bryant score 81 to singlehandedly beat the Raptors. Toronto was winning at halftime and had a 17 point lead in the 3rd. Kobe just took over, outscoring the whole Raptor team in the 2nd half. 81 is the second highest scoring game ever, behind only Wilt Chamberlain's famed 100 pointer.

Whatever you think of Kobe, he is an unbelievable, amazing player.

Hes a ball hogging rapist. He has 4 other players on the court that are supposed to be part of the TEAM. No one should be able to score 60 + these days.

Feel sorry for Kwame Smush Lamar and the rest of the boys

Post game Lamar was interviewed on the Canadian station, and he was almost speechless. He was in awe of what he'd just seen. He said it was amazing to be on the court and be part of history.

RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
U live in Toronto Steve

And you live in Australia. I saw the game live on tv. It was amazing. No, the Lakers can't win a title or even make the playoffs playing this way, but with the team they currently have Kobe has to play this way to win. The Raps were definitely going to win this game until Kobe went crazy.

Being the Lakers, they will get better players next year. Then it remains to be seen if Kobe can lead a winning team with better players. Meanwhile right now he is like Jordan was before Pippen came along, carrying a weak team all by himself. Kind of like Jordan against the Celtics in 86, when he scored 63 against the best team in the NBA.

Mr Saab

Referee
Scoring 63 vs the celtics in 1986 (jordan) that contained Walton, McHale, Bird and Parish is alot more prestigious than 81 vs a raptors team that doesnt play defense.
Kudos to Kobe though, if the coach gives you the green light to shoot then what can you do? Pass off to Smush Parker and Kwame Brown? I dont think so.

Mr Saab said:
Scoring 63 vs the celtics in 1986 (jordan) that contained Walton, McHale, Bird and Parish is alot more prestigious than 81 vs a raptors team that doesnt play defense.

I said much the same thing to a Raptors post game radio host last year after Lebron scored 50 something against the Raps. The guy stated that LBJ was definitely better than Jordan at the same stage in their careers. I called in and pointed out about the 63 vs. the Celts in his second season.

You're right Charlie the Raptors are weak on defense, but Mo Pete is a pretty good defender and Kobe was able to get any shot he wanted against him tonight.

I know it's not great team basketball, but it was very impressive to see. The Lakers crowd went crazy in the 2nd half, knowing they were seeing history. They were chanting MVP every time Kobe got the ball. Even after the game they stayed and cheered as long as Kobe was still on court doing interviews. Anyone who saw it won't forget it.

Mr Saab

Referee
They can chant MVP all they like, but he wont be getting the MVP. Players on Teams that win 50 plus get the MVP vote and the Lakes are looking at 43-44 wins.
I might get this game from Pontel on DVD to see what all the hype was about.
Le Bron has waaaaaays to go before he matches Jordan after his 3 yrs. First he has to lead his team to the playoffs. Something Jordan did in is 2nd and 3rd yr and something Lebron has yet to do. Cavs looking a little shaky too, but should make it in a relatively weak east conference. IF they dont then heaven help the GM of the cavs.
As for the Lakers, they will be canon fodder in the 1st round of the playoffs if they face the likes of the Spurs, MAvs, Grizz and even the nuggets.

Lately the talk about Lebron is that he has yet to prove himself capable of hitting game winning shots. I think he missed a couple of last second shots recently, and I read an article comparing his game-winner record against Jordan, Kobe and others.

Mr Saab

Referee
True, Bron has had a struggle of late in terms of hitting the game winner.
It is in the 4th quarter where reps are made and Bron has not quite made a 4th 1/4 rep for himself. Guys like Bird, Jordan and reggie miller had the 4th 1/4 heroics. I am sure Bron will get there though. One thing him i dont like is his jumper. It is pretty ugly compared to say a Ray Allen, Kobe, or Jordan

MONY

Juniors
The lakers are sh*t and have been for a couple of years now......... When they lost Shaq, Malone, Payton.....Kobe has to be a "hog" for them to stand a chance of winning games.

edabomb

First Grade
Iverson would take 60+ shots to hit 80. The thing about Kobe is it was a very efficient 81, putting up only 46 shots. Generally 1.5pts per FG attempt is very good (which factors in free throws).

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
He takes the shots because he's on an ordinary team and is the best player to be taking the shots imho.

Has anyone ever used the "he's just a hog" argument against a player that they actually liked as a person? I doubt it.

Panthers_God

Juniors
If you were as talented as Kobe is you wouldnt want to pass it to your teammates.

He has the best scoring ability of almost NBA player ever.