What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Thank you
Pity they dont also televise Flegg. Enjoy watching up and comers. Watched a Ball match recently between our two sides. St George going down to the Steelers in an entertaining game. Some good youngsters showing their wares. For those interested I found it on YT.

Watched a Ball match recently
In that match was a rangy centre for the Steelers.. Jack Bostock. Probably the pick of outside backs from both sides. Guess what. Bennett has poached him for the Dolphins on a three year deal from 2023. Yet another promising local junior gone.

Bostock has been a shining light in the Dragons pathways system after playing for the Illawarra South Coast Dragons in the SLE Laurie Daley Cup in 2021 and the Illawarra Steelers SG Ball Cup side the same year, before cementing his place as one of the premier players in the latter in 2022.

Last edited:

randomdragon

Juniors
In that match was a rangy centre for the Steelers.. Jack Bostock. Probably the pick of outside backs from both sides. Guess what. Bennett has poached him for the Dolphins on a three year deal from 2023. Yet another promising local junior gone.

Bostock has been a shining light in the Dragons pathways system after playing for the Illawarra South Coast Dragons in the SLE Laurie Daley Cup in 2021 and the Illawarra Steelers SG Ball Cup side the same year, before cementing his place as one of the premier players in the latter in 2022.
Yeah damn a junior gone, we only have lomax suli and both feagais ahead of him for the next 3 years at least…

Gareth67

First Grade
I remember back in the 70's we were able to get reception for WIN channel 4 & on the weekend my brother & me would watch Illawarra comp games. I remember seeing player like Graig Young, Steve Morris & many more & being excited when they signed with St George.
Yes same here C.Saint , we could pick up the Sydney matches on regional ABC live and that was back in the 60’s .

qld redvee

Juniors
Denis,thought sloan played well early then went off the boil he is obviously a confidence player
thought burns showed touches in the second half needs more time on field to get fit. Kerr I thought played well surely does more than woods in 1st grade
But we have a tema that changes every week so hard for them to gel ,
Burgess still a work in progress with fitness

slippery5

Juniors
Shocking game from us. Kerr, Burgess , Muheisen the winger & Coric the only one's who played well. Sloan , Moga & Hunt particularly bad games.
???? I thought Hunt was one of our best !!! he & Coric worked hard from the markers, cleaning up the ruck with some imposing hits, that is the area where we have struggled & it was Woods, Lawrie & then MBye who all had arm grabs that led to the Warriors try. The pace Hunt showed to keep in touch with their winger, showed commitment & is something that Woods or Lawrie could never do. Sure he had a couple of dropped balls, but that at least happened because he was running at speed & they hit the ball on contact causing it to pop out in the slippery conditions.
Hunt to replace Bird ( who offers absolutely nothing) Coric for Lawrie & Burgess for Sharon.

BLM01

First Grade
???? I thought Hunt was one of our best !!! he & Coric worked hard from the markers, cleaning up the ruck with some imposing hits, that is the area where we have struggled & it was Woods, Lawrie & then MBye who all had arm grabs that led to the Warriors try. The pace Hunt showed to keep in touch with their winger, showed commitment & is something that Woods or Lawrie could never do. Sure he had a couple of dropped balls, but that at least happened because he was running at speed & they hit the ball on contact causing it to pop out in the slippery conditions.
Hunt to replace Bird ( who offers absolutely nothing) Coric for Lawrie & Burgess for Sharon.
It was also Ben Hunt's arm grab and Bird overreading the play that let Johnson stroll over after Ramsay made the tackle after the break.
Ben Hunt is one of our better players most weeks but out attack still aint gelling yet or we need to change it up a bit
And poor Benny still cant kick a field goal, give it to Zac or Amone please
Why they did not kick for touch with 40 seconds to go down their end still astouds me

Dragon David

First Grade
It was also Ben Hunt's arm grab and Bird overreading the play that let Johnson stroll over after Ramsay made the tackle after the break.
Ben Hunt is one of our better players most weeks but out attack still aint gelling yet or we need to change it up a bit
And poor Benny still cant kick a field goal, give it to Zac or Amone please
Why they did not kick for touch with 40 seconds to go down their end still astouds me
It astounded me and still does BLM01. I have and maybe most here have seen "miracle plays" with only seconds on the clock and score just before the siren goes - heartbreaking stuff. Hunt just wanted some glory but the kick didn't get the result for him.

I'm wondering who can do more practise at field goals - maybe Zac. We need someone as it would have helped us last weekend against the Titans.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Denis,thought sloan played well early then went off the boil he is obviously a confidence player
thought burns showed touches in the second half needs more time on field to get fit. Kerr I thought played well surely does more than woods in 1st grade
But we have a tema that changes every week so hard for them to gel ,
Burgess still a work in progress with fitness
The backline looked cobbled together so hard for Sloan to link with players (eg Moga and Max F) who are playing together for the first time. Moga looks like he wants to be somewhere else. Kerr was brilliant - for about five minutes- and then went back to his slow, lumbering and passive self. Jaidyn Hunt is a goer but has a mistake in him. Newcastle kicked us to death. Our KOE halves ( Cryer and Wallace?) not really up to it so we better hope Hunt and Bud don't pick up injuries during the origin period. It is now clear that Bud was the driving force in our KOE revival in the last month with Sloan a close second.

denis preston

First Grade
Interesting. Just my opinion. Who else watched the game , please free to comment On Hunts game with a view that he should be ahead of some of the plodders
The backline looked cobbled together so hard for Sloan to link with players (eg Moga and Max F) who are playing together for the first time. Moga looks like he wants to be somewhere else. Kerr was brilliant - for about five minutes- and then went back to his slow, lumbering and passive self. Jaidyn Hunt is a goer but has a mistake in him. Newcastle kicked us to death. Our KOE halves ( Cryer and Wallace?) not really up to it so we better hope Hunt and Bud don't pick up injuries during the origin period. It is now clear that Bud was the driving force in our KOE revival in the last month with Sloan a close second.
R&W thw winger ( forgot his name ) has a great game , very safe under the high ball. Anybody got any info on him ?

qld redvee

Juniors
Interesting. Just my opinion. Who else watched the game , please free to comment On Hunts game with a view that he should be ahead of some of the plodders

R&W thw winger ( forgot his name ) has a great game , very safe under the high ball. Anybody got any info on him ?
denis
winger was Sam McCann commentary said he was from group 7 milton ulladulla area . yes was safe would like say Gearge to give details on him . looks like a solid back up player . On Hunt .. hands let him down , the kid is raw but looks like he could potentially make it - this is where Id like our old boys like wynn/ young to take a mentoring role on him and bring the best out of him . thought burns was okay when he came on once match fit should be in first grade squad .
one guy i would have like to see more of was number 13 Tristan alvarado big lump of a lad ex souths prop - maybe once again if he has potential get the pathways guys on him for help
Denis overall our reserve grade team seems like a bits and pieces team - new names pop up every week so impossible to gel as a unit .
If anyone on forum sees reserve grade "often" your feedback would be insightful

Latest posts