What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kostya Tszyu after the BIG money...

Blade

Juniors
Tszyu chases the money
May 27, 2003

0,5001,257875,00.jpg

UNDISPUTED super-lightweight world boxing champion Kostya Tszyu today outlined his intention to move up a division and unify the welterweight class.

Tszyu, who unveiled his new manager Matthew Watt today, confirmed his next major priority is to challenge International Boxing Federation champion Cory Spinks.

The 33-year-old fighter said negotiations are already underway with the Spinks camp.

Ultimately, Tszyu said if he beats Spinks he would like to unify the welterweight division by beating the winner of next month's clash between his old amateur victim Vernon Forrest and World Boxing Council and World Boxing Association Ricardo Mayorga.

"I just think it's a great opportunity, I can do it, that's why I believe it's exciting for me," said Tszyu of his plan to unify the welterweight division.

Although he currently holds the three major super lightweight titles, Tszyu believes the bigger more lucrative bouts are in the next division up.

His next fight will be on September 27 with the host country still to be determined.

Watt, who was until recently a development director with the Seven Television Network, was involved in the co-promotion of Tszyu's last title bout against Jesse James Leija in Melbourne back in January.

"He (Watt) has got knowledge as a businessman and that's why I believe he will bring some goods to the table," Tszyu said of him.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
I don’t see why not, he is an awesome fighter and he will financially secure his family for a very long time if he is successful, I’d say he will be number 1 in that division as well. :!: