What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOTW: Qualifying Final vs Manly Sea Eagles

Jono078

Referee
3 - Kidley
1 - Mullen
1 - Woolnough
1 - Newton

Also, I was dissapointed in Davico, I thought he'd lift but was average imo and none of his tackles stuck.

antonius

Coach
Kidley =3 easily the best player on field
Perry= 1
Wooly=1
Davico=1

My other three points had to go to our forwards, they were tremendous against a much bigger bunch of forwards, and with one of our best injured (Simmo) Davico I thought really hit the ball up hard, and he was hurting those Manly forwards trying to bring him down.

Doctor

Bench
3. Kurtley -- gee he came up with a really good game when we needed it. Practically tucked himself into Johns' hip pocket and bobbed out exactly at the right time. Made some big tackles, his passing was reasonably solid and didn't panic when Manly made a break or two. The best thing about it is that he did all this at fullback, having presumably trained as stand-in 5/8th and Lock.

2. Mullen -- struggled a bit initially, but managed to come up with the big plays at the right time. I don't think he was overawed by the occasion, just a little underdone in terms of exposure to the intensity of the contest. His kicks eventually found the right spots, and the clincher was his field goal with consumate ease. Gee he makes it look easy. A 110m effort too -- an exceptional 19-year-old.

1. Tanner -- I've never done this before, but Reegan Tanner had a really solid game. I was watching closely for him to blow a good performance, but he just kept trying his guts out. The big play was charging down Orford's field goal -- I reckon Orford had a one-pointer had Tanner not been there. A super-sized effort from the bloke, despite my criticism. He wasn't flashy, but didn't need to be. I give credit where it's due, and Tanner (I thought) really came up trumps when it was needed.

Misanthrope

Staff member
3 - Kurt Gidley
1 - Andrew Johns
1 - Clint Newton
1 - Josh Perry

I thought Carmont really let us down on a number of occasions. Notable performances also came from Simpson, Woolnough, Mullen, and Danny Buderus

Alex28

Coach
3 - Johns
2 - Mullen
1 - Kidley

Mullen's composure - especially after a few average kicks early on - in the second half was amazing. Came up with some great plays. The Johns & Mullen show is going to kick arse in 2007.

Kidley had a great game but it was Johns that brought us back in to the game and just about set up all the tries. He deserved MOTM.

Super Sub

Juniors
3 - Kidley (Just outstanding, he went back to playing the way he was in 2004 when he was pretty much our best)
1 - Johns (Set Kidley up both times, scored his own try and set up Carney too)
1 - Mullen (Perfect field goal and that unbelievable run, plus an alround good game as a playmaker)
1 - Perry (Ran harder than any other Knights forward tonight)

macavity

Referee
3 - Kidley
2 - Johns
1 - Newton

snoz is a d!ckhead..... *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

perverse

Referee
2 - johns
2 - kidley
1 - newton
1 - mullen

johns pulled this one out of the fire. he had massive backup from kidley and mullen.. newton also made some very damaging runs up the middle when we needed it most. really proud of the team's second half effort.

Kazaf

Juniors
1 - Perry
1 - Davico
1 - Johns
1 - Mullen
2 - Kidley

Tanner just misses for his bravery on the charge down, solid performance but didnt spark my night.