What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOTW vs. Raiders

chinorocks

Juniors
3 Gidley - started terribly but was fantastic for the last 70 mins.
2. Houston - looked like a Simmo clone. dangerous all game when running out wide.
1. Mullen - quiet early but classy touches got us home when it mattered.

Raider_69

Post Whore
id award it

3 - De La Haras
2 - Giddley
1 - Mullen

But well done anyways, we were sh*t, you blokes less sh*te. Until next time lads

MC DUI

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
id award it

3 - De La Haras
2 - Giddley
1 - Mullen

But well done anyways, we were sh*t, you blokes less sh*te. Until next time lads

Show some humility next time dickwad....

Raider_69

Post Whore
Humiliy?
I stated 2 things, we were sh*t, you blokes were less sh*t
surely you cant argue with that, not a good showing by either club... for knights fans i hope anyways
because if you're telling me that was a good performance by the knights, you're in for a long year... both clubs can and will play better
the knights won and deserved to win. We were rubbish, the knights not much better, but enough to do the job on us.

De La Haras and his Video ref/touches shade both clubs for bad performances... terrible game from the officals, whilst their bad calls favoured the knights, there was some howellers made against them too.

Super Sub

Juniors
3 - Gidley (omg sooooooo unlucky not to score of that Dureau grubber in the first half)
2 - Houston (I really liked what I saw from this kid, so much talent)
1 - Mullen (He wasn't his best but took a lot of control in attack)

Whats Doing

Bench
3 points - Gidley - he was in everything as usual
2 points - Bedsy - Great all round game
1 point - Houston - He will have a big year

To be honest, we would not have beaten too many other teams last night but we will improve. I was diaappointed in Patto and thought McManus didn't involve himself too much.

On the halves, Mullo and Dureau are a work in progress and should be retained although I thought Dureau went quiet in the 2nd half.

Wicks and Fa'oso were great off the bench and added real impact and Tolar was very solid.

Spitty

Juniors
3. Houston - Impressive game, nice offload to Wes worked very hard and really picked up the slack left when Simmo went off.

2. Kidley - Definately dangerous everytime he touched the ball.

1. Faaso - He only made 14 tackles but everyone of them was a bell ringer and the Canberra forwards went into there shell while he was on.

For those pundits putting Hilder down, NRL.com is reporting that he made 64 tackles. NRLStats.com says 32 tackles (funny coincidence that it's half) either way it was the most, plus 10 hitups for 83 meters, 2nd out of our forwards. I thought he had a Reegan Tanner type start to the game but he warmed into it and started to poke his head through the line regularly.

MC DUI

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Humiliy?
I stated 2 things, we were sh*t, you blokes were less sh*t
surely you cant argue with that, not a good showing by either club... for knights fans i hope anyways
because if you're telling me that was a good performance by the knights, you're in for a long year... both clubs can and will play better
the knights won and deserved to win. We were rubbish, the knights not much better, but enough to do the job on us.

De La Haras and his Video ref/touches shade both clubs for bad performances... terrible game from the officials, whilst their bad calls favoured the knights, there was some howellers made against them too.

You gave 3 points to the ref, essentially saying he won us the game. Therefore I posted you should show some humility due to your team getting beaten by a BETTER SIDE!!

But then you never will do that because you are an idiot, 3/4 of this forum would agree with me.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: thats great, because i couldnt care less what 95% of this forum thinks of me, let alone 3/4 of them.
I gave 3 points to the ref because he's mistakes directly led to the halftime lead you enjoyed. We were beaten by a better side on the night, ive said that. But the referee was absolutely diabolical. And contributed more points to the knights then any of your players.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Oh and Raider, take your whinging to the Canberra forum, because quite frankly, we don't care :)

Pika

Bench
3. Bederus
2. Gidley
1. Niquama/Tolar

Dont sweat it Raider 69, I thought the ref was poor as well. Though I cant agree it favoured the Knights. It was evenly poor.

The poorest decision in the game was to panalise Kurt Gidley for instigating the fight resulting from his tackle on the surrendered Canberra player on the line.

I stood in a team meeting with Shane Hayne and had him clarify this three time two weeks ago. He explained in no uncertain terms that a player who surrenders on the goal lin is fair game. If you put your hand on him, tackle complete, if you put a shot on him, so be it. His exact words were, "he is fair game".

The dialogue between referee, Danny and Kurt went like this -

R "All you had to do was put a hand on him to complete the tackle"
K "Why would I do that? Thats not what football is about"
D "Mate he is fair game, we are allowed to do that"
R "The penalty goes against you for instigating the fight"

Danny asked again but the Ref waved him away.

DIABOLICAL!

Pika

Bench
Yes, Campese took exception to the legal shot by Gidley. There was no fight, just a bit of push and shove.

There was only two ways the ref could have handled it, settle everyone down and simply play the ball, which was unlikely given the game had completely broken up.

Or award Knights the penalty for Campese reacting to nothing.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Kidley's shot was legal, yet he got penalised :?

I always thought De Las Heras was a dickhead, but now I've just had it confirmed. Thanks Pika ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
I actually said to the blokes on the hill "stupid stuff from campo, this will go against us", to my surprise it didnt, terrible call. If a bloke is laying prone on the floor, surrendering, the defender should have every right to make him feel the tackle. Graham wasnt concerned about it. He knew it was all part of footy, campo completely over re-acted.

Johns Magic

Referee
That call against Kidley was the type of call that could've changed the game, but luckily we managed to re-group and come up with the points.

Latest posts