What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Gidley in Nines

Spot On

Coach
I like how seriously we are taking the nines comp. It's a circus and should be treated as such.

Yep, circus.

Mickey Mouse BS I don't want any of our top players involved in.

Good to see the coach is serious about the NRL season proper.

King hit

Coach
I must've been one of the few people who actually rated Gidley. He bleed for you guys, always giving his very best and inspiring Newcastle to some wins. Could play fullback, halves and hooker capably. Will never forget his tackle on Boyd in 2009.

Hope he rips in for you blokes and has a great tournament

Zoidberg

First Grade
I must've been one of the few people who actually rated Gidley. He bleed for you guys, always giving his very best and inspiring Newcastle to some wins. Could play fullback, halves and hooker capably. Will never forget his tackle on Boyd in 2009.

Hope he rips in for you blokes and has a great tournament
I think most supporters rated him as a good to very good player, however he often tried to do too much, more than he was capable of, and ended up stuffing it up.

mozza91

Coach
He’s been really good in all 3 Legends of League tournaments. Still really fit and still a great defender. It’s obviously a step up playing in the Nines but he’ll hold his own I reckon.

Hopefully his professionalism and passion for the club rubs off on some of our young blokes.

Frederick

Staff member
We smoked the warriors 34-0

Gidley looks as fit as ever. Had about 3 try assists

Old dog

Juniors
Gids went well but not sure at 34 he is a week in week out option, class will shine through but it is 9’s.

Frederick

Staff member
Gids went well but not sure at 34 he is a week in week out option, class will shine through but it is 9’s.
The fact you thought anyone was even remotely serious about bringing gids back is really, really sad

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Diddly was awful in his prime. This club is beyond the previous acceptance of mediocrity.

Bit harsh mate, he was one of the form players in the competition from 2007-2009 and then injuries started to take their toll. Yes he probably overplayed his hand a bit too often later on in his career but he probably felt that he had to given Mullen’s game management wasn’t up to standard a lot of the time and considering it took us 10+ years to get a decent halfback to replace Joey.

Old dog

Juniors
It’s quite funny how casual comments are taken out of context or meaning. Made an error of saying Gids was 34 when actually 37 but never thought or suggested he could play in NRL in any position, was happy to see him go well in 9’s but it’s not the real thing.