What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kyle Flanagan

shaggs

Coach
Give that man a lifetime contract after his wholesome efforts in crunchtime!
Lol. I for one, was not unhappy to see him leave. Continues the career failure rate when it matters. The jets win last season came off the back of a second rower who fluked a chip, not game management and half back direction.

Although the criticism of him is justified, I can’t be hard on Flanno. First full season and if not for media commitments, Cronk would’ve been in Easts COVID bubble mentoring him. He’ll be fighting for a place with Sam Walker unless Keary gets another head knock

taste2taste

Juniors
Do the Roosters have much jnr talent coming through ?

If the Roosters won the comp they would have been the oldest team in 50 years to win.

I see we are chasing Joseph Sualli but any other youngsters ?

JWH, Morris twins, Cordiner are starting to look a little slow.

Do the Roosters have much jnr talent coming through ?

If the Roosters won the comp they would have been the oldest team in 50 years to win.

I see we are chasing Joseph Sualli but any other youngsters ?

JWH, Morris twins, Cordiner are starting to look a little slow.

I can’t see the Morris boys (as much as I love them) getting resigned or at least I hope not. Fifita and Walker will be pushing for more game time. Verrills, Smith and Radley will lower the age average as well.

taste2taste

Juniors
I can’t see the Morris boys (as much as I love them) getting resigned or at least I hope not. Fifita and Walker will be pushing for more game time. Verrills, Smith and Radley will lower the age average as well.
'IF' the Roosters can sign Su'aali and he is half the player the experts think he is, the Roosters will have a young leathal back line.

I'm hoping we resign old man Williams, I thought he was impressive last night with only 4 games under his belt. Offloads, short passing, effective ruck defense, landed on his stomach when tackled and a couple of big hits. A full off season and he could still be a lethal attacking threat.

'IF' the Roosters can sign Su'aali and he is half the player the experts think he is, the Roosters will have a young leathal back line.

I'm hoping we resign old man Williams, I thought he was impressive last night with only 4 games under his belt. Offloads, short passing, effective ruck defense, landed on his stomach when tackled and a couple of big hits. A full off season and he could still be a lethal attacking threat.

I’m not sure Sonny can do a full season, mate. If his Toronto gig is finished, I’d love him to join the coaching staff. Will be a great mentor to the kids that are coming through.

taste2taste

Juniors
I doubt Flanagan will see much game time next year.

Next year the Roosters need to play more 'footy' they were way too structured this season. The teams at the top play what they see, the days of a structured set of 6 are gooooone.

I doubt Flanagan will see much game time next year.

Next year the Roosters need to play more 'footy' they were way too structured this season. The teams at the top play what they see, the days of a structured set of 6 are gooooone.

Can’t argue with that although we had a great period of ad-lib footy immediately after the covid break that ended with that Saints game when we lost Sam and Vic.

Valheru

Coach
Can’t argue with that although we had a great period of ad-lib footy immediately after the covid break that ended with that Saints game when we lost Sam and Vic.

The Radley injury and to a lesser extent the Verrils injury finally caught up to us at end of season but that's the way things go sometimes.

COVID has messed with the timings of things but this is our earliest exit since 2016 and with no WCC commitments, the players just need (and deserve) a good break from here and try to hit the ground running next season.

I'm not in love with the idea of either Teddy and Keary playing SOO to be perfectly honest given the timing of the series.

adamkungl

Immortal
Flanno will probably get first crack next year, but he will have to step up big time to hold off Lam and Walker.
Halves aren't made at 21, and despite playing Origin, Cleary was a long way from the player he is now even 12 months ago. Kyle is 2-3 years away from here still.

He wasn't good enough this year, but looking at our long term future, it's too early to chop him for that.

I think we should give him another off season and the 2021 season to prove himaelf. Sam Walker is still too early to be ready, and we don't want to risk stunting his career growth.

Flanno realises what he needs to do - he comes across as having his head screwed on.