What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kyle stanley

dragoncountry

Juniors
its is time mr bennett that this kid starts at five eighth.
this guy is our future, he can run the ball to the line, read plays, offload, kick goals, not afraid to get dirty.
the only thing he cant do better than sowie @ the moment is his kicking game, that will come.
but the best attribute of this kid is his defence, he is something special. give him a go at his favourite position.:cool:.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
He was solid today, given his experiece and the sh!te going on around him. He showed up quite a few of his more reputed teamates. I'm willing to bet he has a very good kicking game up his sleeve, just hasn't had the chance to show it, yet.

Big Norm

Mattfaz

Juniors
its is time mr bennett that this kid starts at five eighth.
this guy is our future, he can run the ball to the line, read plays, offload, kick goals, not afraid to get dirty.
the only thing he cant do better than sowie @ the moment is his kicking game, that will come.
but the best attribute of this kid is his defence, he is something special. give him a go at his favourite position.:cool:.

needs more game time whatever the position

dragoncountry

Juniors
his position is 5/8, i watched him in our last game v souths last year, he dominated..
we need a 5/8 who runs to the line and can defend, soward cant do either, move him to half, hornby not setting the world on fire.
also i think prior has had enough chances, time to give de belin or marketo more game time before semi's..

j0nesy

Bench
Yeah he went well today. I think its a little over the top to say hes better than Soward. Long, long, long way to go.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Only thing Soward can do better than Kyle is kicking in general play. WIth 5 years headstart you would expect that. Apart from that Kyle does everything else better than Soward.

Saints can't afford to have a passenger on the field in defence. Kyle showed yesterday how good his defence is.

They need to rest Soward for a game or 2 to get his fitness and defence back on track.

If he was playing anywhere else after these last 2 efforts he would have been dropped.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
Yeah he went well today. I think its a little over the top to say hes better than Soward. Long, long, long way to go.

Potentially speaking, he will be better then soward. Has to be the long term 5/8 for the club. Best player yesterday.

Minh

First Grade
Stanley has a bright future his time will come, Soward is already a star player mark my words we need him firing to be any chance both he and Boyd. We need the forwards to muscle up.

Mr Red

First Grade
making changes to the halves a few weeks out from the finals is not the way to go..
i do think next season however they should seriously consider soward at half and stanley at five eighth.
hornby's days are numbered...

counterpuncher

Juniors
images
>
images

Godz Illa

Coach
Soward was obviously still injured yesterday, and playing under orders to simply kick and pass nothing more. I'd say that if Gaz was fit Soward may have been rested with Stanley to five-eighth, but we didn't have that luxury

TheRev

Coach
making changes to the halves a few weeks out from the finals is not the way to go..
i do think next season however they should seriously consider soward at half and stanley at five eighth.
hornby's days are numbered...

Exactly, although fans are calling for blood, the young rookies with little experience, are physically and mentally not ready for consistent 1st grade football, let alone finals football against the likes of Lockyer, Cam Smith and so on.

Kyle has a lot of potential, but im still not 100% it will come to fruition, I feel like his body needs to strengthen up still, and he still has to prove himself mentally (not saying he wont, but its not a 100% that he will). I'm hoping given time he will mature nicely, but imo there is no hurry to rush him in, especially at fullback or 5/8, high pressure positions. Boyd & Soward are 2 of the best players in our team, Soward just needs cotton-wool, we have no chance in the finals without him.

smi962

First Grade
If Stanley has poor games over the next 2-3 weeks, watch the calls for him to be dropped.

Soward has only been poor over the last 2 games. I think its a bit early to say he is a better option than a fit Soward and a fair bit over the top given what Soward has achieved over the past 3 years.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Exactly, although fans are calling for blood, the young rookies with little experience, are physically and mentally not ready for consistent 1st grade football, let alone finals football against the likes of Lockyer, Cam Smith and so on.

Kyle has a lot of potential, but im still not 100% it will come to fruition, I feel like his body needs to strengthen up still, and he still has to prove himself mentally (not saying he wont, but its not a 100% that he will). I'm hoping given time he will mature nicely, but imo there is no hurry to rush him in, especially at fullback or 5/8, high pressure positions. Boyd & Soward are 2 of the best players in our team, Soward just needs cotton-wool, we have no chance in the finals without him.

Totally agree.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Soward was obviously still injured yesterday, and playing under orders to simply kick and pass nothing more. I'd say that if Gaz was fit Soward may have been rested with Stanley to five-eighth, but we didn't have that luxury

Mate, the team doesn't always attack, what were his instructions when the opposition had the ball? Just stand there and watch them run past? I don't think Benny would have given him those instructions. How good do you think the Saints are in defence to defend with 1 less bloke in the line. No team is that good to defend with a passenger.

If he is not fit enough to defend then he should not have declared himself fit.

He assured Bennett he was fine and took the field and put in a pathetic effort in defence which I feel is very selfish and not thinking about his team mates.

Guvner

First Grade
lol @ people getting into Soward. 6 weeks ago everyone wanted to suck his d$%k as being an Origin hero. People have very short memories.

dragons__

Juniors
lol @ people getting into Soward. 6 weeks ago everyone wanted to suck his d$%k as being an Origin hero. People have very short memories.

^^^^this!!!

Although, if he is carrying an injury, he should be rested so as he and the team will be better for it now and in the future weeks.

TheRev

Coach
Totally agree, Soward has my full support, I can only assume his injury worsened during the game also.

However jumping for a high bomb is the last thing we want him to do, imagine getting smashed in mid-air with a lower back injury? And lots of clubs are deliberately not jumping for bombs lately, so im not sure what the g-o is there.

Latest posts