What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lachlan Coote anyone?

zuke

Juniors
What do people think of Lachlan Coote? I think he would be a good signing.

I like him. Don't know how he's been going lately, but he was good at Penrith. But if Hoppa's set for fullback, and Robbo's the fill-in, do we need him?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What do people think of Lachlan Coote? I think he would be a good signing.

For real merkin? He's the kind of one dimensional midget fullback you sign to a team that has big wingers to get sets started and Jonathan Thurston to do all the playmaking.

Hopoate is a much better player, plus we've already got Robinson and Hunt as backups. You don't want to spend too much on backups.

Parraren

Bench
He's definitely an option I think we could get if we're interested.

Can't see the cowboys standing in his way with Morgan now well established.

The other potential might be David Mead now that the Titans have got Hoffman.

I personally think we're more interested in getting a centre rather than a fb but it will probably come down to who is available and how much coin they want.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Chasing a centre makes it a lot easier to accommodate Haynes return, unless hoppa was punted and I don't think he deserves that

Bazal

Post Whore
Much rather we chased Auva'a. Coote has had horrible luck with injuries, so he may not be the player he was and I didn't think he was that great to start with.

The Colonel

Immortal
Much rather we chased Auva'a. Coote has had horrible luck with injuries, so he may not be the player he was and I didn't think he was that great to start with.

Yep.

Coote is not that good and two years out of the NRL doesn't help.

Auva'a would be a much better choice to strengthen our centres.

But would you really be happy with that piece of shit at your club?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Not sure which of the players you're referring to umina panther??

You're talking about one blokes on field ability, and another blokes off-field....

hindy111

Post Whore
Coote is not one dimensional pou.You havent seen him play.He was actualy looked at as a half due to his ball playing skills.He is tough as nails and chases the bomb better than any.
Problem is he is injury prone.If he wasnt he would be a top player now.But than again so would LOKO

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think we really need another good quality outside back for next year to give us a target and spread the defence. Teams are not intimidated by Champion, Morgan or Hopoate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Coote is not one dimensional pou.You havent seen him play.He was actualy looked at as a half due to his ball playing skills.He is tough as nails and chases the bomb better than any.
Problem is he is injury prone.If he wasnt he would be a top player now.But than again so would LOKO

Coote is shithouse. That's why the Duck of Penrith got rid of him.

lingard

Coach
I like him. Don't know how he's been going lately, but he was good at Penrith. But if Hoppa's set for fullback, and Robbo's the fill-in, do we need him?

Lachlan Coote is an exceptional fullback who can also play five-eight. He is not one dimensional and is not a midget as was referred to in another post. He could probably play centre as well. Very good player who would be a terrific signing in my opinion.

Latest posts