What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lachlan Maranta joins the Dragons in 2019

possm

Coach
Lachlan Maranta joins the Dragons in 2019
Lachlan Maranta has been signed with the Dragons for 2019.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/12/13/lachlan-maranta-joins-the-dragons-in-2019/

I'm happy with the signing of Lachlan Maranta he has the experience and can play in a number of positions. Most of all he won't impact our salary cap all that much. He doesn't have the speed factor but may be handy at times of injury or SOO. I see him as an ISP player with the ability to step up if required.

I'm so glad that Sims 'wanted to stay' and was 'easy to deal with'. If I had a say, I'd have him appointed as Captain after Widdop leaves. In my opinion he should ve VC in 2019.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Jennings no guarantee. If we don't get him I say we likely sit on the remaining spot and seize an opportunity if one comes up. Has worked well for us in the past
The addition of R Jennings would give us a very solid backline with depth not seen for a number of years:

1. Dufty, Norman, Field, Maranta, Lomax
2. Jennings, Pearson, Pereira
3. Lomax, Maranta, Aitken
4. Jennings, Lafai, Pearson
5. Pearson, Pereira, Ravalawa, Maranta
6. Widdop, Norman Field
7. Hunt, Norman, Field

Note: Norman and Jennings still not signed.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Secured as ( and on ) ISP player & backup & experience. Surely he is faster than Lafai at least !

All good. Would also suggest this reinforces those rumors that Aitkin trialing as a Number 14 may be correct.

In 2018 we really used up McInnes in defence and gave him no opportunities to show his attacking flair from dummy half. So I'd say Robson ahead of Aitken at 14. By developing Aitken as a backrow forward, maybe more opportunities would be open to him throughout the NRL.

denis preston

First Grade
In 2018 we really used up McInnes in defence and gave him no opportunities to show his attacking flair from dummy half. So I'd say Robson ahead of Aitken at 14. By developing Aitken as a backrow forward, maybe more opportunities would be open to him throughout the NRL.
Poss , I just think that Robson long term is much more important to look after then Aitkin so i hope they give him priority over Aitkin next year. Our forward stocks look good but as we know we need to use at least 12 continualy next season to offset burnout.Remains to be seen weather our coach A. Will rest or flog them and B Give the younger forwards good established game time.

Now that we have signed Maranta, cannot see us signing Jennings.

Hope Lachlan plays very well in 2019.

Can’t help but think he represents another bargain buy.

We seem to have made quite a few of them. Maybe he has been signed as an experienced ISP squad member.

ouryears

Bench
This is not so good and disappointing news after the Tariq news. I dont know why but just the name and how he was bog average at the Broncos. We better buy another speedy outside back Millward. Go get em Possm!
Try to be positive.....
He is better than you say

hewi

Bench
After the signing was announced, Maranta was subjected to criticism by former Wallabies player Greg Martin, labelling Maranta as the worst signing he has ever seen in his life. Martin also said on the Triple M Breakfast Radio Show, “If the Reds want to get a player who the Broncos ... sorry ... but if Wayne Bennett is prepared to get rid of his godson and his former PA’s son and Brett Plowman’s son in Lachie Maranta. If he’s prepared to get rid of him, that would indicate that he’s a crap player. The Reds immediately snapped him up and crowed about it. That is the worst signing I’ve ever seen. It’s the last thing the Reds need because there is something that Queensland Rugby has got everywhere through youth rugby, through schools rugby, is exciting young wingers and we pick up a dud who the Broncos want to get rid of because he’s had a knee injury".[21][22] Maranta finished his last season with the Broncos with him playing in 8 matches and scoring 3 tries.

Quote from Wikipedia after he signed for union.IMO he’s seen the light and if they don’t like him il welcome him. Good luck.

Old Timer

Coach
We are kidding aren’t we surely this is not for real?
Just watched Millward’s presser and I love the KPI “he’s a really good person”
Couldn’t get a permanent gig in NRL got even less time in Rugby but we give him a home and Millward says he will be handy at SOO time also said the same of Allgood FMD that sort of talk shits me to tears.
We are already bog average in the centres and wing so let’s be even more so.
If you want to buy him do so but make it abundantly clear to the fans that he is ISP only and stop trying to justify yet another “bargain”

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
We are kidding aren’t we surely this is not for real?
Just watched Millward’s presser and I love the KPI “he’s a really good person”
Couldn’t get a permanent gig in NRL got even less time in Rugby but we give him a home and Millward says he will be handy at SOO time also said the same of Allgood FMD that sort of talk shits me to tears.
We are already bog average in the centres and wing so let’s be even more so.
If you want to buy him do so but make it abundantly clear to the fans that he is ISP only and stop trying to justify yet another “bargain”
It's a depth signing, like i said last time give me your top 30 squad with salary's, it better have from 1-30 all internationals...

Old Timer

Coach
It's a depth signing, like i said last time give me your top 30 squad with salary's, it better have from 1-30 all internationals...
Well may he be a depth signing but he isn’t a very good one as he is absolute shit and Millward should keep his mouth shut instead of offering dumb comments like he will be handy at SOO time.
As if any of our 1-5 are going to get picked for rep duties and the notion that if one did that Miranda would be a shoe in to play NRL is farsical.
As I said if you need to sign him do so but stop guilding the Lilly