What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LADDER WATCH

Bit of a worrying trend developing.

We are 0-4 Vs Teams in the top 8.

We are 7-0 Vs Teams out of the top 8.

We haven’t landed a blow against anyone in the top 8 yet and when it comes to the finals that’s who we play.

Just to refresh our 4 losses are;

Souths (H)18-27
Dolphins (Magic Round)(H) 16-36
Warriors (H) 30-32
Raiders (A) 20-24

All those teams are currently in the top 8.

Our 7 wins are;

Manly (A) 20-14
Roosters (H) 22-12
Newcastle (H) Coffs Harbour) 26-6
Parramatta (A) 30-26
North Queensland (H) 44-6
Bulldogs (A) 33-20
Dragons (A) 40-8

All those teams are currently in the bottom 8.

bluefox68

Staff member
At the moment, Souths would be odds on to win the comp.

Unfortunately, Panthers are looking like the next best.

We’re probably the 3rd best ATM, but I think if we played Souths 5 times, they would beat us 4 out of those 5…

We haven’t landed a blow against anyone in the top 8 yet and when it comes to the finals that’s who we play.

Souths (H)18-27
Warriors (H) 30-32
Raiders (A) 20-24

Our 7 wins are;

Manly (A) 20-14
Roosters (H) 22-12
Parramatta (A) 30-26
Bulldogs (A) 33-20
Dragons (A) 40-8

I would call our wins against Manly, the Chooks, Parramatta and the Cows as significant. All those teams were expected to be contenders this year.

sladden road

Juniors
For me those stinking Broncos look dangerous..very big and very fast.
Thankfully we have them in origin time..but I remember the baby broncos ambush a few years ago…

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think Panthers still a step ahead.
If you look at attack the leading teams not much difference.
In defence the Panthers a mile in front of the rest.
They just absorb your attack then counter, the Broncs threw everything at them they are a ok team top 8, Panthers took every hit and then went through them.
I remember that game last year for us vs Panthers at Penrith we went the them for like 50 minutes we couldn't keep going.
They have come back to the field this year to a degree but no one seems to have gone to there level.
We are in that group who can contend and we have half a season to get to that level, unless Cleary gets a season ending injury than anyone who makes the finals has a chance

Weaponhead

Coach
It's been a great comp so far. More sides with actual claims to get the a GF.

Penrith is still by far the best defensive team so they will be hard to beat. Their attack is not the same without Api and Kikau.
Souths are strong but can still have lapses in concentration.
Broncos look much more settled and athletically, they are very good. They usually fall down the ladder after a fast start but they look tougher this year.
Melbourne have quality in key positions so will be a threat.
Cronulla have the attack to worry anyone.

Keen to see Cronulla beat some of these other top sides. Only played Souths so far. Have Brisbane after origin so should be primed

Eion

First Grade

Souths (H)18-27
Warriors (H) 30-32
Raiders (A) 20-24

Our 7 wins are;

Manly (A) 20-14
Roosters (H) 22-12
Parramatta (A) 30-26
Bulldogs (A) 33-20
Dragons (A) 40-8

If we lose to Manly and Roosters, they are actually in the 8….

If we beat Warriors and Raiders they are outside the 8.

It’s so close it’s ridiculous

coolumsharkie

Referee
If we lose to Manly and Roosters, they are actually in the 8….

If we beat Warriors and Raiders they are outside the 8.

It’s so close it’s ridiculous
So true. Even the Tigers could make the 8, they held their own against Souffs last week and are starting to look like a decent team.

Only the Cowboys, Bulldogs, Knights and Stains I'd take a punt on missing out in September.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I would call our wins against Manly, the Chooks, Parramatta and the Cows as significant. All those teams were expected to be contenders this year.
Exactly

I'm get sick to death of this comparison.

If you looked at who we beat from last year's top 8 we have beaten 3 (Cowboys, Eels and Roosters) and lost to 2 (Souths and Raiders)

You can only beat who's in front of you and at the time of playing the Eels and Roosters they were in the 8. Actually maybe Roosters weren't.

Either way it's a constantly moving target even more now with how tight the comp is. Let's do the comparison at the end of the regular season and see how many are in the top 8. Could look very different.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I had a quick look. Pretty sure we are the first team to finish all 3 byes, round 17.

Meaning we finish with 10 straight games.

4 at home
1 in NZ
1 in Perth
1 in Nth QLD
1 in Newcastle
2 in Sydney away

Ozzi_78

First Grade
If the warriors beat the broncos today the top 8 would all be on 16pts. Pending bye additions. Wild.

If the warriors beat the broncos today the top 8 would all be on 16pts. Pending bye additions. Wild.
In general I hate the byes. They give off an illusion.
but in saying that, the flipside to where another side has the bye is: if you win your for and against goes up.
And that will be very important in the final say.
Watch the more attacking plays that come about in the last 5 rounds.

Frenzy.

Immortal
In general I hate the byes. They give off an illusion.
but in saying that, the flipside to where another side has the bye is: if you win your for and against goes up.
And that will be very important in the final say.
Watch the more attacking plays that come about in the last 5 rounds.

Absolutely. I was off on this weeks ago, being forward thinking man I am.

The ladder is a lie until all teams have the same amount of byes or they stop awarding points for the bye.

After this round the Sharks and Panthers join the Broncos on top. Broncos haven't had a bye, the 1967 teams will have had 2.

If they really have to give points for bye they should just whack on 6 points to each team after Round 27. At least that way it would be clear where all teams really sit on the ladder during the season

I had a quick look. Pretty sure we are the first team to finish all 3 byes, round 17.

Meaning we finish with 10 straight games.

4 at home
1 in NZ
1 in Perth
1 in Nth QLD
1 in Newcastle
2 in Sydney away
That’s a brutal run home not only for the travelling and no bye in between those games but only 4 games at home in the last 10.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Although not a true representation of where we’re at, we’ll be sitting in 2nd after this weeks bye points are added