What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai

BrissyRedV

Bench
What a difference 12 months can make. Us re-signing Lafai and Widdop and actually ecstatic about it lol
Indeed it is. The form both have displayed has been stellar though, so much so I am surprised Lafai has not come up in origin conversations. But then again, Laurie doesn't pick players on form.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Such a bizarre thought that we are all stoked for Lafai's re-signing. This time last year we were all happy with the idea of his sacking.
When he's fit and in form he's in the top 5, maybe even top 3 centres in the competition. He's a master of the draw and flick pass, i'd love to be the winger outside him.

Hopefully he continues this form and doesn't get complacent after his extension.

nontime111

Juniors
he must have been pretty badly injured since we even signed him! the guys a GUN! I feel sorry that he copped so much abuse while he was injured and could not prove himself but damn hes risen and shut us ALL up! onya LAFAI!! sign again please brother! get a trophy! you too MANN , MILNE AND MCINNES!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
YESSSS!!!!!!! thank GOD for that!!

then MANN and we can all get some sleep!
Hopefully Tim gets some sleep too..

Guy always looks like he's coming off a rough night..

image.scale.thumbnail.400.400.jpg

Reminds me of that family guy skit about Vaughan and Susan Sarandon..

latest

CarrrnDragons

Juniors
Been very good this year, deserves an extension.. Not sure Mann and Milne are in the future plans however.. time will tell

blacksafake

First Grade
I'm happy with this.Even when he was playing poorly i was one of the few that stood by him knowing he was a far better player than what we saw last year.Lets hope he can remain relatively injury free, because if he does he has shown that he can be a very good centre.

Old Timer

Coach
I'm happy with this.Even when he was playing poorly i was one of the few that stood by him knowing he was a far better player than what we saw last year.Lets hope he can remain relatively injury free, because if he does he has shown that he can be a very good centre.
We need to have a full medical assessment done on him to make sure he doesn't have recurring injuries that can drag him down because his previous 2 years were awful.
Credit were it's due though he is playing extremely well thus far in 2017.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
We need to have a full medical assessment done on him to make sure he doesn't have recurring injuries that can drag him down because his previous 2 years were awful.
Credit were it's due though he is playing extremely well thus far in 2017.

I agree OT.
Pickworth and the team have helped him with there training .
They are doing a great job with all the boys

Old Timer

Coach
Hello Benny V
Nice to see that your conviction re Lafai has stood up.
Shame it didn't come quicker but I do concede he is a much better player now than I thought he was going to be and I am pleased for him.

Have to say the jury is still out for me on what Simms brings to the team and hopefully a few really dominating performances from him aren't too far away.
I thought with Vaughan & Packer going so well that Simms would be doing better as I believe LAM has certainly lifted back to his 2015 form.

Korbin IMO seems to be giving the Broncos a fair bit more grunt than Tariq is giving us maybe its because we have Tariq in the middle now which may not suit him as much as being on the edges.

Morotti

Juniors
With all the signing and re-signing contract dramas, remember that the salary cap for next year is to be confirmed. So that would be a reason why it is taking longer to get these things sorted.

Especially since we already splashed on Widdop and Hunt.

Agree should look to extend McIness as he was only signed for 2 years. But also with this young Reece Robson coming through do we think he is the next big thing and can make the transition to first grade.

There are lots of maybes. For example I think Dugan is a great fullback and I do think he adds a lot to the team. His kick returns and defense are outstanding. With him now moving on, the Dragons must think that either Mann/Dufty/Field can take the mantle and are either better value for money or they are a work in progress that will turn out to be better than Dugan over the next 4 years.

Our roster for next year though is coming together. In the starting 13 we are down a prop and a fullback. Not the best position but let us have faith as the Dragons have shown in the past 6-9 months a definite improvement across a lot of areas of the football department.

FlameThrower

Bench
It will be great news when offical re Lafai.
He is playing great
Draw your mi d back to preseason media releases.
Lafai was signaled out as training the house down by his team mates. And Coach also pointed out how impressed he was with Tim's commitment during preseason ..
Most of us here just disregard that as preseason fluff, now it turns out to be true! Well done to Tim, no longer the Tin Man!!

Latest posts