What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lassie thread - Dog acts of 08

_Johnsy

Referee
lotti said:
it's not just Souths supporters that want Brown to be punished for what he did to Wing.

I think you may need to learn how to read, people are saying it was a dog act, thats it, fairly simple.

_Johnsy

Referee
Babyface O'reilly said:
Yes lets leave it as it was intended, a roosters bashing thread.;-) 07 gets mentioned because a lot merkins on here cheered the cheap shots on Anasta and now we're expected to believe their moral outrage?

_Johnsy said:
I thought it wiould be easier if we have just one thread to nominate all the dog acts of 2008. It does not have to be a piece of foul/dirty play, just a dog act.

I would like to make the first nomination.

Riley BROWN.
Nominated for his low act of hitting WING with a cocked elbow and shoulder when Wing was not going to promote the ball, the tackle was 99% complete.

BROWN you DOG.

Whoever gets the most nominations will be awarded The Lassie Cup

Had your beer goggles on did you ? The only people hijacking this thread are the roosters fans, trying to justify a dog act.

Cockadoodledoo said:
The irony is that it will be Asotasi spending a week or two on the sidelines for his headslam on Brown in the second half. Brown has no case to answer..

Do we think Asotasi's actions were intentional ??...this will keep the thread going for another day or two ??.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Karmawave said:
While the Riley Brown shot might have technically been within the rules of the game, it was obvious the bloke had no other intent than to injure/hurt.

It might have been a 'legal' cheapshot, but it was a cheap shot all the same.

100% correct

Fairfax

Juniors
lotti said:
it was a shoulder charge but he did use his elbow, hopefully the MRC will see that and cite Brown for striking. The highlights package on NRL.com show it from a couple of different angles including a close up shot.

Shoulder, elbow? Clutching at straws a bit, eh?

His shoulder was dislocated which suggests he was hit by a bit of force.

What is the actual allegation?

That it was late?

Ref hadn't called held. If Wing off-loaded and Souths score, should it have been called back and a penalty to the Roosters?

That it was intentional?

Jason Taylor, who ironically is an ex-Norths player Souths bought to help bring a winning culture, said that he thought that the Roosters trained to do it. Reckons he saw their eyes light up... good work from over 100m away. Steve Austin would be proud.

That he used his elbow?

Only some of the nuttiest of the internet nuts are shopping this around in their hysteria.

That he had his back turned?

Well that's just stupid. Would Todd Byrne complain about Scott Sattler cutting him down in 2003? I've read someone advocate front on tackles only. Ruben Wiki has been doing the same sort of hits for years... he gets lauded as a hard man.

Stupid, just stupid.

badav

Bench
running in with an elbow to someones back when a tackle is basically complete is a dog shot. nothing tough about that whatsoever.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Cockadoodledoo said:
Chad Robinson and was badly concussed as a result.. Nothing was said afterwards and no one complained.. Just that Souths and their supporters have got a chip on their shoulder the size of Ayers Rock.

Poor old chad is still looking for the trucks that hit him that game. He was also on the end of a bell ringer from ben cross that day :cool:

_Johnsy

Referee
At this point I think the majority seem to think it was a dog act, only a few games to go. I think from Round 2 on a poll should be put up on monday to determine the weekly winner of this prestigious award.

ozbash

Referee
_Johnsy said:
At this point I think the majority seem to think it was a dog act, only a few games to go. I think from Round 2 on a poll should be put up on monday to determine the weekly winner of this prestigious award.

give it to Riley now. cant see it being topped.

adamkungl

Immortal
Danish said:
Did everyone see Lincoln Withers get his ribs busted by a blokes knee coming in as third man to an almost completed tackle.

f**king dog act of the highest order. I hope they write 42 articles about it and call the knight bloke the "unaustralian" that he is.

That prick gidley also slide into a defenseless man who was not looking with all elbows and knees. f**king site the prick.

I also noticed in the parra vs dogs game that hindmarsh came in 3rd man a few times. The Maitua bastard was also guilty of coming in 3rd man a few times. One of them resulting in a big shiner to Reddy.

Bunch of weak dogs the lot of them. I dont know how the telegraph is going to be able to report it all. Having 5 different players being called out for cheap shots on the front and back pages is going to get a bit messy.

Anyone would think these types of things were a part of football for the amount of times it has happened this weekend :sarcasm:

Are you suggesting that the Telecrap has an agenda against Roosters and a huge hardon for the Zetland Vermin or something? Because that would be ridiculous...

If Wing's shoulder doesn't pop, this argument doesn't happen, you all know it. And if it was Anasta on the receiving end, you grubs would be applauding, as you did last year. And I'm not just talking about Toofless fans.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
suck sh*t to wing i hope the f**kwit is out for a long time

So you are happy to gloat that a player is out of the game injured???? Who is the Farkwit?

I am certain that many will remember this statement when one of your best is put out for the season, because everyone will be all over your twig arse like a rash, you low life cuarnt.

His statement says it all, it is exactly what the Roosters wanted to do, take out the playmaker. It is straight out of the Morley handbook. Scum.

I can't wait to see what the match review committee says. If he gets nothing to a slap on the wrist, the gates are open.

Then, when some club does the same to your playmaker, I expect no whingeing from those on here with the blinkers on. If I was Mini, I would go straight to ground from now on, as according to your slackjaw Coach, players who struggle like that in tackles open themselves up for that kind of tackle.

Shorty

Staff member
adamkungl said:
If Wing's shoulder doesn't pop, this argument doesn't happen, you all know it.
Yeah,because if Riley had not had the intention of injuring Wing he would have not had his season crushed.
adamkungl said:
And if it was Anasta on the receiving end, you grubs would be applauding, as you did last year. And I'm not just talking about Toofless fans.
But he wasn't,instead he was clapping his hands with excitement....yeah real hero:roll:

Mr Saab

Referee
Shorty said:
But he wasn't,instead he was clapping his hands with excitement....yeah real hero:roll:

Ohhhhhhhhhh spare me. The emotion running wild it is an instant reaction to get pumped up. You think Anasta knew instantly that Wing popped his shoulder?

Just like Terry Hill did when Hoppa smashed Galloway...instantly he is all excited, but then when it comes to light what had happened he calmed down.

Shorty

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh spare me. The emotion running wild it is an instant reaction to get pumped up. You think Anasta knew instantly that Wing popped his shoulder?
He knew he was hurt,he saw that Wing was not getting up and then started clapping.
You can think whatever you like,but I really don't think that's on.

nqboy

First Grade
New contender in a similar vein. I think it was Kidley (I wasn't watching closely) falling on a player on the ground and leaving him injured. All he had to do was put a hand on him to effect the tackle. Like Brown's act, totally legal, morally questionable.

skeepe

Immortal
nqboy said:
New contender in a similar vein. I think it was Kidley (I wasn't watching closely) falling on a player on the ground and leaving him injured. All he had to do was put a hand on him to effect the tackle. Like Brown's act, totally legal, morally questionable.

Under the law it was ok, but yeah all he had to do was put a hand on him. How about his reaction when the ref said that to him? "That's not what the game's about". So it's about cheap shots is it now? Gidley is a merkin of the highest order.

Still shouldn't have been penalised for it though.

Latest posts