What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lassie thread - Dog acts of 08

_Johnsy

Referee
28lassie.large1.jpg

I thought it wiould be easier if we have just one thread to nominate all the dog acts of 2008. It does not have to be a piece of foul/dirty play, just a dog act.

I would like to make the first nomination.

Riley BROWN.
Nominated for his low act of hitting WING with a cocked elbow and shoulder when Wing was not going to promote the ball, the tackle was 99% complete.

BROWN you DOG.

Whoever gets the most nominations will be awarded The Lassie Cup
grey.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
Totally agree nqboy. As I said in another thread, I'm surprised at the amount of powderpuffs on here. There are 9 year olds going out and playing footy on a Sunday that are tougher than a lot of the posters on here. They cop it, and generally don't whinge because they know that that's footy.

_Johnsy

Referee
I dont have an issue hitting with a shoulder, but they way it was done, WING was going nowhere, not going to promote the ball, the only motion wing would have made was fall to the ground. Also, with the timing poor effort IMO.

I expect Brad Walter will be at Fox Studios this morning campaigning for a ban on such tackles. Poor soufs ... still sh*t and their buy (did i get that spelling right ?) of the year with a popped shoulder .. 300k for 5 minutes ... that is more than the NY governor paid that lass

Chook

First Grade
Go watch netball if this mans game is too tough for you?

Wing needs to take a spoonful of concrete and harden the f**k up.

It's easy to see what an off season at Souffs has done to him.

Chook.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tough? Cheap shots aren't tough, they're a cowards way out. Asotasi showed him proper toughness at the end and the softc*ck limped off as he should have.

_Johnsy

Referee
I dont have issue with the game being tough, I'm all for it. This was not a tough act, the players back was turned, he was not moving forward, he had two players already on him, for all intents and purposes the tackle was complete. Then BROWN comes in c**ks his elbow and hits with a shoulder/elbow intentionally to hurt him.

Tough act, no
Dog act, yes

Karmawave

Bench
While the Riley Brown shot might have technically been within the rules of the game, it was obvious the bloke had no other intent than to injure/hurt.

It might have been a 'legal' cheapshot, but it was a cheap shot all the same.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Cmon....there are many of these tackles every week and the reason noone has carried on about it before is because usually noone gets hurt. Wingy popped his shoulder so now we suddenly have to outlaw these hits?

_Johnsy

Referee
Roosterphin1 said:
Cmon....there are many of these tackles every week and the reason noone has carried on about it before is because usually noone gets hurt. Wingy popped his shoulder so now we suddenly have to outlaw these hits?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No-one is asking for them to be outlawed, or for Brown to be suspended, we are just saying we consider it a dog act. It is about as tough as throwing a punc from behind another person, or from behind. Yeah, Real tough man stuff.

Lest see how many there are that are the same, this weekend.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No-one is asking for them to be outlawed, or for Brown to be suspended, we are just saying we consider it a dog act. It is about as tough as throwing a punc from behind another person, or from behind. Yeah, Real tough man stuff.

Lest see how many there are that are the same, this weekend.

You wtach any game and see how many times there are one or two players making a tackle and a third one come in for a hit. Be it with a shoulder, arm chest or whatever it is still the same. There are heaps of them. As I said before unfortunately for Wing his shoulder popped.

_Johnsy

Referee
Rphin

I can tell you that no-one will c**k his elbow and then use his cocked elbow and shoulder to ram the unprotected back of a player who is stationary.