What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Minute Penalty???

rossy

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
rossy said:
Rightly or wrongly, it was ruled accidental offside. That means a scrum.

thats all well and good but it wasnt accidental, the ball was dropped and finch who was infront of mini grabbed the ball, it didnt just bounce into him, he grab it, that is intentional :arrow: OFFSIDE :arrow: Penalty Cowboys

Oh I get it. It's a Brett Finch thing... Sorry, I should have known.

***MH***

Bench
i would have paid that penalty, i agree with R69, it seemed that simmo had his intentions of wrapping up the game there and then irrespective whether he thought it was a minor or major infringement.

Yes Simpkins was crap and it should have been a penalty but have a look at the 3 cowboys tries and they were all scored of the back of 3 huge simpkins errors.
There is no way that Morley plays at the ball which results in an wxtra set and try.
Rauhihi loses the ball cold ruled a strip(no hads near the ball) and try.
And 2 tackles b4 that great hanney pass bowen drops the ball when trying to play it.
So when you make stupid comments about the ref s and the roosters look at the big picture and see it for what it is just a crap inept refereeing performance.
Enough with the roosters conspiracy shit.

rufus youngblood said:
Yes Simpkins was crap and it should have been a penalty but have a look at the 3 cowboys tries and they were all scored of the back of 3 huge simpkins errors.
There is no way that Morley plays at the ball which results in an wxtra set and try.
Rauhihi loses the ball cold ruled a strip(no hads near the ball) and try.
And 2 tackles b4 that great hanney pass bowen drops the ball when trying to play it.
So when you make stupid comments about the ref s and the roosters look at the big picture and see it for what it is just a crap inept refereeing performance.
Enough with the roosters conspiracy sh*t.

And Fittler's try wasn't off a forward pass? I've had a look at the three incidents that you've mentioned and the only one that I'd give you is Rauhihi's. The other two were fair calls. I think the biggest refereeing benefit you had was Ricketson staying on the field after that cheap shot on Fien. Any other team and he would have been sent off.

sretsoor

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
rossy said:

thats all well and good but it wasnt accidental, the ball was dropped and finch who was infront of mini grabbed the ball, it didnt just bounce into him, he grab it, that is intentional :arrow: OFFSIDE :arrow: Penalty Cowboys

Lol,

they were all contesting the ball, mini caught it and as he came back down lost it coming off another rooster player, finch just happened to be on the ground after coming down first saw the ball fall virtually in his lap but lost it.

Mini ended up with the ball!!! finch didnt even have it when the ref called 'knock on'.

nqboy

First Grade
rossy said:
Rightly or wrongly, it was ruled accidental offside.
Wrongly. And you know it or you wouldn't have couched it in those terms.

sretsoor said:
Mini ended up with the ball!!! finch didnt even have it when the ref called 'knock on'.
What's that got to do with anything? "If the ref sees you with it, he'll penalise us. Quick, give it to me."

rossy

Juniors
On how many occasions have we seem someone clean up after a knock-on this year and every year without penalty? Hundreds.

Let it go. Move on. It's over.

And change you avatar like a decent person while you are at it.

thickos

First Grade
rossy said:
Raider_69 said:
rossy said:

You're pathetic champ, Raider_69 made an extremely valid point. Finch was offside. This is not Raiders fans bagging Finch, thats the fu*king rule!

thickos

First Grade
Gee another Roosters fan! Get off your high horse dickhead. :roll:

Nice to see you pull out the Roosters avatar in GF week too... too embarrassed throughout the season or just a bandwagon jumper?

nqboy

First Grade
rossy said:
On how many occasions have we seem someone clean up after a knock-on this year and every year without penalty? Hundreds.
So you admit it was a mistake then? It should have been a penalty?

rossy

Juniors
I'm saying that there has been hundreds of occasions where this not a penalty. If it was in the 32nd minute of the 6th round it'd be the same incident but no hysteria. Why should there be the uproar now?

When are you changing that avatar?

Raider_69

Post Whore
rossy said:
Raider_69 said:
rossy said:

i orginally thought it was chris walker but was told it was finch
dosnt matter either way it should have been a penalty...
Mate if you think this is a finch thing, think again, you should know by now if it was a finch thing id be far more animated about it :lol: :lol:

facts are the ball came down from minis knock on and one of Walker or Finch intentionally touched the footy just before Mini regathered. That is a penalty

PS. seen im being accused of finch bashing i may aswell give you a reason to accuse me. HE IS f**kING WANKER, I HOPE HE CHOKES ON HIS f**kIN LUNCH TOMORROW! PATHETIC SCUM BAG OF A HUMAN BEING....

:D :D There.

Raider_69

Post Whore
rossy said:
I'm saying that there has been hundreds of occasions where this not a penalty. If it was in the 32nd minute of the 6th round it'd be the same incident but no hysteria. Why should there be the uproar now?

2 wrong, 5 wrong or 500 wrongs still dont make a right idiot
it was a penalty and should have been awarded as such

rossy

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
rossy said:

If they changed that decision and all the others it'd be a different situation. Consistency being the key. Sure if you want the ruling to be changed on that then you need to accept that every other time the same decision was made it would have to be changed.

Funny thing is, the uproar is only because it is this time involving the Roosters in a finals match. It's the same as if the ref misses a knock-on and a try is scored the video ref adjudicates. If it happens in the tackle befroe, nothing happens. I don't know what the answer is, other than to allow the video to adjudicate on everything. But of course, we have seen them get it wrong.

If you're prepared to be upset in this case, I hope you'd be consistent and complain about it every time it happens.

Raider_69

Post Whore
rossy said:
Raider_69 said:
rossy said:

If they changed that decision and all the others it'd be a different situation. Consistency being the key. Sure if you want the ruling to be changed on that then you need to accept that every other time the same decision was made it would have to be changed.

Funny thing is, the uproar is only because it is this time involving the Roosters in a finals match. It's the same as if the ref misses a knock-on and a try is scored the video ref adjudicates. If it happens in the tackle befroe, nothing happens. I don't know what the answer is, other than to allow the video to adjudicate on everything. But of course, we have seen them get it wrong.

If you're prepared to be upset in this case, I hope you'd be consistent and complain about it every time it happens.

i will definatly complain every time it costs a team as much as this did
a shot at being in the GF, that is more important than a regular game

If it costs the team a spot in a grandfinal then there would be up roar

rossy

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
rossy said:
Raider_69 said:
rossy said:

Grand final or not it shouldn't make any difference. What about the other decisions in the match? Complain everytime any decision is made wrong. Just because you think it may have cost them a grand final berth it doesn't make any difference? All wrong decision impact on results. You're just choosing the last one. Matt Bowen knocked on in a play the ball two plays before a try. Is that important?

Raider_69

Post Whore
rossy said:
Raider_69 said:
rossy said:
Raider_69 said:
rossy said:

Grand final or not it shouldn't make any difference. What about the other decisions in the match? Complain everytime any decision is made wrong. Just because you think it may have cost them a grand final berth it doesn't make any difference? All wrong decision impact on results. You're just choosing the last one. Matt Bowen knocked on in a play the ball two plays before a try. Is that important?

Every call is an important one but in that situation the call DEFINATLY cost them a chance to win the game. If something happens in the 1st minutes stiff shit, you 79 minutes to make up for it, you cant blame it on that, but when a call like that goes against you in the final minute, then yea my oath, id bitch be it round 1 or GF day

these refs are being paid to get it right and they arnt doing their jobs, Robert Finch's ineptatude strikes again IMO

rossy

Juniors
It's not Finch, it's Simpkins, Archer, Hayne et al. They're not up to it. The quality of refereeing is very poor while players seem to be pushing the boundaries more and more and the game gets faster. That video refs intervene on only the last tackle or in the case of some foul play when someone gets injured is just stupid. Stripping and very technical knock-ons are a grey area. That one decision highlights the problem but it isn't the only decision that had a bearing on that particular game they got wrong. On both sides.