What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last minute team changes

applesauce

Bench
Humble probably won't get much playing time if no backs get injured. Sheens has a habit of giving his "back on the bench" 5 minutes and Joel Reddy will be fighting with him for that spot all year. And remember, Tuqiri is yet to come back.... it may be a dead spot.

I can't really see anyone sub 130k in the fullback role then that will get mins this season. :( Might have to stick with Lawnton

Spot On

Coach
Ben Te'o, Dean Halatau, Simon Mannering, Mitch Aubusson are all players whom you should be trying to get into your team's backline as all are underpriced, play in the forwards and should score at least 50 each week.

Zeb Taia is well underpriced, and looking over the knights team list, I think he will get 80mins on the field, so should go up heaps.

A.Woods having been given the nod to start, should really improve on his starting price, I expect at least a 25% increase.

Matt King was around $250k previously, so starting so low should see him increase a lot. He is a worker in the backs and loves taking hit ups.

I won't comment on the 87K players, as I think most of us have done whatever we can to get as many of those in the team.

I'm not so sure of the 80 mins for Zeb mate. If you look at the bench, Newcastle are carrying one recognised prop (Faas) and then Hilder, McKinnon and Joel Edwards. Zeb is an 80 minute player but I'm unsure how Bennett will use the bench and who for. Be careful with Zeb although he is true value if he does eventually get the 80 mins each week.

andrew057

First Grade
Should I downgrade Corey Norman to Tom Humble, so I can upgrade Lawnton for Travis Waddell?

Tedesco will go to starting FB, but Waddell will start and should get plenty of minutes for the season, Lawton will go back to resies once Srama's shoulder has stood up to match conditions.

To be honest Norman is the only player of the 4 mentioned who should be in your team, imo.

Humble and Lawnton wont be playing week in week out which means theyre no good for fantay. The hooking situation in Canberra is a question mark and Waddell hasnt set the fantasy world on fire in past seasons.

Dogs Of War

Coach

Yeah, I have him, but the problem is that Tuquri is still to come back into the team. Sheens I can see dropping him unless he plays his skin off giving Sheens no choice. I think that means he gets about 3 weeks to prove himself. I think it's worth the gamble as 87K is just so juicy. As long as you pair him at Fullback with someone else whom you can slot in if it all comes undone before that.

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah, I have him, but the problem is that Tuquri is still to come back into the team. Sheens I can see dropping him unless he plays his skin off giving Sheens no choice. I think that means he gets about 3 weeks to prove himself. I think it's worth the gamble as 87K is just so juicy. As long as you pair him at Fullback with someone else whom you can slot in if it all comes undone before that.

Tuquri coming back wont have much to do with Tedescos job security, he'll replace Utai on the on the wing.

But honestly who knows what Sheens will do. But like you said, if he's given 3 weeks to prove himself, thats when players prices change so should be able to cash in on him if he gets dropped.

Spot On

Coach
Hilder will be used at Hooker to rest Buderus. Something that Wayne Bennett likes to do with hookers.

Most probably. He can also play lock though. Costigan is not an 80 minute player either. Buderus said this morning on radio he'll play as many minutes as necessary. I think he'll play at least 60. I'm worried Taia will get a good rest the first few weeks due to the nature of his injury and time out of the game and lack of time played during the trial period.

Spot On

Coach

Lote coming back won't force Tedesco out. It will force a winger to the bench like they did with Utai last season. Most probably back to NSW cup but then again Tim Sheens could do anything.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Most probably. He can also play lock though. Costigan is not an 80 minute player either. Buderus said this morning on radio he'll play as many minutes as necessary. I think he'll play at least 60. I'm worried Taia will get a good rest the first few weeks due to the nature of his injury and time out of the game and lack of time played during the trial period.

60mins will see his price stay solid. I am just betting on him working up to playing the full 80, which should see him get a decent price rise.

aussies1st

Staff member
Under the new scoring system (assuming we are talking about DT), Teo could be useful even from the bench.

gronkathon

First Grade
My 3/4 line has always been my biggest trouble with Supercoach.

This year I am depending on Hurrell to hold his ground and make some above average scores. I have King on the bench not being used because with him on the wing I just am not sure.

Had to take the gamble to get the pack I wanted

Ausguy

Coach
De belin at this stage will get more game time IMO

I have him but not in my bench. He is a cash cow only.

Ausguy

Coach

This year I am depending on Hurrell to hold his ground and make some above average scores. I have King on the bench not being used because with him on the wing I just am not sure.

T Williams
N smith

Centre value

gronkathon

First Grade
Thanks. I am running with Halatau, Smith, Ayshford & Hurrell at the moment.

DeBellin was who I was thinking of. I had to take a gamble on one playing bench spot in order to really load my starting pack and bench props.

First year I have really taken Supercoach seriously. Bloody engrossing thats for sure.

Really appreciate the advice Ausguy

aussies1st

Staff member

Been my problem too, gone too much onto the try scoring backs rather than consistency.

I just looked at the supercoach scoring.... fmd

Trys 15 Points
Try Assists 10 Points
Goals 4 Points
Missed Goals -2 Points
Field Goals 5 Points
Missed Field Goals -1 Point
Tackles 1 Point
Missed Tackles -1 Point
Offloads 4 Points
Line Breaks 8 Points
Line Break Assists 6 Points
40/20 10 Points
Hitups (all runs) 2 Points
Penalties Conceded -2 Points
Errors -2 Points
Sin Bin/Send offs -8/-16 Points

2 for any run, big scores for offloads, try assists and even line break assists. B. Marshall and Mateo just became must haves.

I've gone with Ryan, King, Halatau and Vatuvei in the centres. Marshall into 5/8 (with gidley on the bench as well), Heighington and Mateo in the backrow with Parker and Gallen.

Gallen as captain, he's a hit up machine.

Last minute shake-ups... lol

Last edited: