What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

ram raid

Bench
Latrell Mitchell is going to be a star of the game for the next 10 years, of course he is worth every cent of that proposed deal

Unless of course it's made up or he doesn't sign with us, then its a stupid idea, no centre is worth that kind of money, I'm glad we missed out on him.

That is how you hedge your bets LU.

I'll be here all week.

Assuming he maintains his trajectory, the salary cap is going to punish whoever signs him anyway . The Roosters will have to shed some players to keep him. If he goes somewhere else he's gonna eat up a major part of the cap.

OzDragon

Coach
Assuming he maintains his trajectory, the salary cap is going to punish whoever signs him anyway . The Roosters will have to shed some players to keep him. If he goes somewhere else he's gonna eat up a major part of the cap.
uSYopsX-ziX5JaQO6SlNEtjM-9tHynOJdV0qtpmvR1WskDAWfg7jg7Pc6O4hRDORzrIL3xOOcdXI-SGy8sMj9Ym9QZ4V45_8wygKrWnELvyHGM600s88AOYdzlhFb9Hm5d-sRS5IOSPZzh2QfJku0b6_=w250-h174-nc

Apey

Staff member
I read this this morning, it's hard to argue with. It shows all the off the ball stuff where he is clearly not putting in.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/20/the-seven-moments-that-cost-latrell-mitchell-his-nsw-jersey/

Latrel seems to me to be in the G.I./ Hayne mould --- has a Lazy, day-dreaming streak.
Freddy is trying to create an 'I'll die for this jersey' culture in NSW and Latrel is being made an example of.

I don't agree with it, but I can see the reasoning. .

borderline Ryan Tandy right there

People forget that the salary cap is continually rising, so clubs can afford to pay Latrell $1.1 million a year.

However Canterbury have blundered in trying to get both Latrell as their centre and Freddy Fittler as their coach. Latrell now hates Freddy for axing him from Origin so they will make a terrible combination which Latrell will reject.

Canterbury would be smarter to spend their money on Dutch star Ryan Papenhuyzen, whom Freddy Fittler can groom into the next Billy Slater.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
People forget that the salary cap is continually rising, so clubs can afford to pay Latrell $1.1 million a year.

However Canterbury have blundered in trying to get both Latrell as their centre and Freddy Fittler as their coach. Latrell now hates Freddy for axing him from Origin so they will make a terrible combination which Latrell will reject.

Canterbury would be smarter to spend their money on Dutch star Ryan Papenhuyzen, whom Freddy Fittler can groom into the next Billy Slater.
So Freddy now is going to coach the Bulldogs with Latrell and Poopenwhoever as his main recruits?

Geez go and drink some more Cooks River water.

I read this this morning, it's hard to argue with. It shows all the off the ball stuff where he is clearly not putting in.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/20/the-seven-moments-that-cost-latrell-mitchell-his-nsw-jersey/

Latrel seems to me to be in the G.I./ Hayne mould --- has a Lazy, day-dreaming streak.
Freddy is trying to create an 'I'll die for this jersey' culture in NSW and Latrel is being made an example of.

Waw! He doesn't really want us to win. Well he didn't on that night in any case.

Zadar

Juniors

Morris was asked to do a job as an SOS, did a really good job, and obviously has that “culture” that they speak of, his reward was, getting dropped for two players who don’t play that position, and kicked to the curb, if this culture exists, then his spot should have been safe with turbo being picked on the wing instead of fergo, who was dropped from origin for showing the opposite of this culture.

Zadar

Juniors
Massively overrated plodder

If you are talking about Morris, then I agree, it’s Fittlers so called standards that are in question, both centers should be dropped for game 3 if nsw lose tonight, as that seems to be fittlers fix.

If they win tonight, then both of them and Freddie should be immortalised.

firechild

First Grade
Morris was asked to do a job as an SOS, did a really good job, and obviously has that “culture” that they speak of, his reward was, getting dropped for two players who don’t play that position, and kicked to the curb, if this culture exists, then his spot should have been safe with turbo being picked on the wing instead of fergo, who was dropped from origin for showing the opposite of this culture.
Tom was always coming back when fit. Last year, he along with Tedesco were NSW's best players. He's also too good to be stuck on the wing and will have much more impact in the centres. That said, he could have simply replaced Mitchell because as you say, Morris did nothing wrong.
Agree 100% on Fergo. He's not the player that you want if it's about building culture.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors

Salary cap won’t rise . It’s wideley regarded that all the sports codes won’t get as much next tv deal so if anything cap will decrease and these long term contracts are a gamble

betcats

Referee

I think this was a poor article given Latrell is dealing with some things, I hope it didn’t come out of the nsw camp. That being said you can see a big difference between those efforts and what we saw last night from nsw, but yeah this article was unnecessary and quite poor.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
FFS Morris retired, Turbo was out, Freddie asked Josh for one more game, got what he wanted from him, Turbo was back, he retired again.

He was not dropped, this forum has no idea sometimes.