What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

SBD82

Coach
Media outlets stir up the bigots and then act surprised when someone makes racist comments.

Meanwhile, pricks like Jeff Maddock are the reason that young people don’t want anything to do with Facebook anymore.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Somebody told me the same thing about cam smith in Adelaide, ran into him on the street with his kids, and smith spent about 15min answering the kids questions and asking them stuff.

We all love to hate certain players, or teams, but gee it would be a boring comp if you didn’t love to hate anybody, you might have a nice clean game with a comp filled with Fitzgibbons, Menzies, crokers and Michael Gordon’s, and you need them, but it wouldn’t be nowhere near as entertaining to watch Gorden v Croker as it is latrell v chambers.

Latrell is an absolute champ with the kids, always will take time for a photo and a chat. Pretty much the last player off the field every week, usually he has to be practically dragged off by team officials for the post match team meetings as he wants to spend time with fans.

I heard that same story about Cam Smith, he seems to be another who has a completely different persona off the field. Some of the best players can carry a bit of attitude on the field and the likes of Mitchell, Smith and Slater are the same. Best not to confuse the on field person with the off field.

Latrell is an absolute champ with the kids, always will take time for a photo and a chat. Pretty much the last player off the field every week, usually he has to be practically dragged off by team officials for the post match team meetings as he wants to spend time with fans.

I heard that same story about Cam Smith, he seems to be another who has a completely different persona off the field. Some of the best players can carry a bit of attitude on the field and the likes of Mitchell, Smith and Slater are the same. Best not to confuse the on field person with the off field.

I've been lucky to have some dealings with Cam too. Much like I said about Latrell, the guy was wonderful to me and the kids I had with me. He understood his position as a club, state and national captain and one of the big names in RL. I know he cops a lot on here but he was a genuinely nice guy and went far beyond in the instances I was with him.

Mick Benson

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/12/nrl-launch-investigation-into-racial-abuse-of-latrell-mitchell/

Regardless of what you think of Latrell, this is disgraceful.

The comments on social media justifying this blatant racism are just as bad. I might cop some heat on here for this but I think it's up to us to call it out. This isn't on.
I didn’t think you’d cop heat for it, and I’m not surprised that you haven’t. This isn’t Twitter.

Good on Latrell for calling out this shit.

BadnMean

Juniors
I’ve heard people say similar shit in person.
In front of numerous people.

2 as recently as the last month.

Some people are just f**kwits when it comes skin colour.

Did you feel like you could call it out or was it a situation you felt you had to bite your tongue on the matter?

No judgement, just interested when & when not people feel they can do this or why not when we can't.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I’ve heard people say similar shit in person.
In front of numerous people.

2 as recently as the last month.

Some people are just f**kwits when it comes skin colour.
Yeah it's still out there, had a bloke say it to me just last week at a pub in the city when I was watching the warriors get towelled up.

Some blokes just feel invincible on the piss.

This Year?

Immortal
Pretty weak of the person who posted the one on Latrell and the more airtime it gets the more it encourages trolls to do it. There are many ways to insult him without having to resort to racism. Just hows how unimaginative the troll is.

Last edited:
@Knuckle-dragger what do you reckon? You've got a refreshing take on everything.
The police could charge Mr Maddock with use carriage service to menace, harass, offend. In post #359 of this thread you mention that it may be possible for the police to trace the identity of Mr Maddock (if that name is a pseudonym). They certainly can find out who he is as the police have no problem finding out the identity of those who groom children online, produce child abuse material online, etc (even those 'hiding' behind a VPN).

carcharias

Immortal
Did you feel like you could call it out or was it a situation you felt you had to bite your tongue on the matter?

No judgement, just interested when & when not people feel they can do this or why not when we can't.
Knowing both of them I doubt anything would change their mind.
I was pretty surprised to hear it too.
One I’ve known my entire life .
A good mate
A private school wanker .
Has a great job... plenty of money.
I thought he was smarter.

Fangs

Coach
Agreed, atrocious comments. Happy for him to put those names out there. Stuff like this needs to be called out.

Spot On

Coach
...or he could get off social media and concentrate/put his effort into being a footy player.

That sort of thing is what you get on those platforms. He is not going to stop it.

He can, however, be very influential in the football field ... if he has a go and moves away from constant distractions like words that bother him on his Instagram account.

Spot On

Coach
Are you for real?

Crowd taunts have been part of sport for ever.

Move on ... or don't play.

Do I agree with what some people say and would I say it ... no.

But you are naive to think that stuff will not happen.

You spend much time watching country footy at all???

Spot On

Coach
Or do both

At the moment, and for much of this season, his football has been well below his best.

Punted from the NSW set up.

He can do both or whatever he likes but putting energy into something like an Insta account that can be deleted and forgotten about in a second.