What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

bull rider

Juniors
A monkey could coach NSW to the the next 5 series victories. The talent for the blues far outweighs the maroons.

NSW winning the next few series won’t be any more freddy’s doing than QLD winning was Meninga’s

Qld are going to piss it in next year mate, blues are pea hearted

Rod McClusky

Juniors
If you condone racist comments or say "its always happened in sport, you should just ignore it" then you are just as much a part of the problem as the people who say it/post it. I wouldn't care if Latrell Mitchell was a rugby league player at my club, another club, or was just somebody who did a white collar or manual labouring job. It is wrong and should not be tolerated in any way, shape or form.

People used to say that about bullying. People used to say that about domestic violence. This is just as wrong. No ifs or buts about it.

What’s you position on the Australian cricket teams sledging?

Spot On

Coach
Good on him for speaking up but I agree with Spot On.

Reality is unfortunately, that there will always be this sort of thing said on social media, even more so than in-person as there’s little to zero consequences.

I feel sad for the millennials in a way, having SM as a big part of their life. Even contemporaries of mine love Farcebook. I can’t stand the cesspit. I’d rather not be reminded constantly at how pathetic and petty most humans are...

Best to learn that ignorant merkins will always exist and to just ignore them. Call them out if you want but there will always be another to take their place. It’s life/reality/the way humanity will always be.

If he could perform to his nest whilst fighting racism, all good, but it does seem like it may be why he isn’t as dominant consistently as he could be.

... it seems to take more courage to delete an Instagram account and live without it than it does to run out and play what is probably the toughest sport in the world each week.

And for those bringing up issues like domestic violence and bullying ... you will be very aware of the importance of education in fighting those matters, just like racism. Education from family, community and schools.

Legislating to punish offenders has yet to stop these problems. .. ie domestic violence ... and never will.

Workplace bullying laws. Bullying still happens.

Legislation will catch up to social media use one day... but problems will still exist.

Lattrell makes a really good point in one of his replies - you wouldn't say it to my face.

Of course they wouldn't. But it is very easy to post it. And so it happens. And when at the footy we hear all sorts of comments that make people cringe.

Maybe Lattrell needs to invite these racists to meet? Controlled environment etc. Now that would be powerful. Face to face. What do people think of that?? Put his energy into that maybe???

Blowing up over a freakin instagram posts is as useful as the conversation going on in here.

Now, let's carry on about how this post is condoning racism, bullying, domestic violence and every other social attrocity one can list.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Sydney Roosters have today advised the management of Latrell Mitchell that the Club’s offer for 2021 and beyond has been withdrawn following discussions with Latrell today.

Latrell has expressed that he would like to explore his options for season 2021, however he remains under contract with the Roosters for season 2020.

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2019/11/05/club-statement-regarding-latrell-mitchell/

Seems Latrell’s time at Bondi is up, doubt he’ll play another game for them based off this

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Sydney Roosters have today advised the management of Latrell Mitchell that the Club’s offer for 2021 and beyond has been withdrawn following discussions with Latrell today.

Latrell has expressed that he would like to explore his options for season 2021, however he remains under contract with the Roosters for season 2020.

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2019/11/05/club-statement-regarding-latrell-mitchell/

Seems Latrell’s time at Bondi is up, doubt he’ll play another game for them based off this
Agreed. I'd love to see a player swap for Will Hopoate ahead of 2020.

I think we've milked Latrell for all he is worth talent wise.

A supreme talent, obviously, but seemingly the most difficult to coach player in a long time.

800k is absolutely the limit of his worth and any club, complete with an inferior coach who won't get the best out of him or man manage him as well, who pays Latrell 1m a year will never win a comp.

It is this level of professionalism that makes the Roosters so great. Teddy got the mill. Cronk got the mill. And next Keary will.

But no one else. Not Ash Taylor, or Ben Hunt, and so on. And not Latrell. We're too smart.

But someone isn't... enter the Dogs?

jiorl

Juniors

A supreme talent, obviously, but seemingly the most difficult to coach player in a long time.

800k is absolutely the limit of his worth and any club, complete with an inferior coach who won't get the best out of him or man manage him as well, who pays Latrell 1m a year will never win a comp.

It is this level of professionalism that makes the Roosters so great. Teddy got the mill. Cronk got the mill. And next Keary will.

But no one else. Not Ash Taylor, or Ben Hunt, and so on. And not Latrell. We're too smart.

anyone who is linked to Anthony Mundine spells trouble

Vic Mackey

Referee

This honestly sounds like ‘No! I broke up with him!’

MKCS

Juniors
Sad to lose Latrell I am a fan of his and was hoping he'd be a lifer but as Tommy said above he's not a million dollar player at the Roosters and with the team having to lose at least one star going into the 2021 season I'd rather it be Latrell over the likes of JWH, Manu and I believe Friend is off contract also.

The Roosters will enter the market with 500-600k for a left centre and will get a strong centre who wants to play on the same side of the field as 3 representative players and in a team of stars. Billy Smith looked good in the couple of games he played this year so the Roosters might not even have to sign someone.

As for Latrell himself I think it'll be between the Bulldogs and Souths to get his signature. If he signs for Souths he'd have to become public enemy number 1 for Roosters fans.

My kids loved Latrell. They loved doing the kangaroo ears every time he scored. Pulling the offer away definitely smells Mundine-ish. Sorry to see him go but I guess the club can concentrate on Jared and SST now

jiorl

Juniors
wou
Sad to lose Latrell I am a fan of his and was hoping he'd be a lifer but as Tommy said above he's not a million dollar player at the Roosters and with the team having to lose at least one star going into the 2021 season I'd rather it be Latrell over the likes of JWH, Manu and I believe Friend is off contract also.

The Roosters will enter the market with 500-600k for a left centre and will get a strong centre who wants to play on the same side of the field as 3 representative players and in a team of stars. Billy Smith looked good in the couple of games he played this year so the Roosters might not even have to sign someone.

As for Latrell himself I think it'll be between the Bulldogs and Souths to get his signature. If he signs for Souths he'd have to become public enemy number 1 for Roosters fans.
I think the knights might be in with a chance as well. as for our next centre, wouldn't be suprised if Morris was shuffled into that position and Hall on the wing, or Billy Smith . I'd say this will be Hall and Morris' last year as well.

Tommy Smith

Referee
This honestly sounds like ‘No! I broke up with him!’
Aha perhaps.

But it's simple economics...

He isn't worth 1m a season. No freaking way.

He's the best centre in the game and one of the greatest game breakers we've seen - just look at his freakish flick pass for the GF winning try - but the Roosters won't let emotion rule over reason.

And it's this level of professionalism that sees us ahead of the pack.

It's simply: thanks for your efforts in contributing to b2b comps, good luck, and now next batter up: enter Billy Smith or a smart bargain buy like Jmoz.

jiorl

Juniors
Aha perhaps.

But it's simple economics...

He isn't worth 1m a season. No freaking way.

He's the best centre in the game and one of the greatest game breakers we've seen - just look at his freakish flick pass for the GF winning try - but the Roosters won't let emotion rule over reason.

And it's this level of professionalism that sees us ahead of the pack.

It's simply: thanks for your efforts in contributing to b2b comps, good luck, and now next batter up: enter Billy Smith or a smart bargain buy like Jmoz.
Jmoz could be interesting. together at 3 clubs, is that a record?

skeepe

Immortal
Dumb move by Latrell. He’s at the only club where the coach is a bigger bitch than he is. A perfect fit. He’ll find the grass is definitely not greener.

mozza91

Coach
Smart move from the Roosters. Latrell is more trouble than he’s worth.

He’s always come across as a massive wanker and the way he’s carried on of late confirms it.