What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laurie Daley and NSW

MrAnonymous

Bench
I assume you mean you're personally going to deliver unto me a Chinese Burn, not that silly, "There's a firey place in an undisclosed location where an unidentified thing called your soul is poked at by a bestiality by-product whose weapon of choice is a pitchfork."

Or am I giving you too much credit?

satan cant wait to get to your poo hole racist merkin

Sphagnum

Coach
Was it the Chinese Burn comment? I just don't know what else to call them?

I think the PC crew got hold of that a few years ago and said it was racist to call it a 'Chinese burn'

I think it's now called an Indian burn to keep those whackjobs happy.

Amadaca

Juniors
I think the PC crew got hold of that a few years ago and said it was racist to call it a 'Chinese burn'

I think it's now called an Indian burn to keep those whackjobs happy.

I am a great admirer & observer of Native American culture (particularly the Athapaskans). I would prefer to use Chinese Burn. Still, since the Chinese are in large part the Wolf ancestors to the Dogs I am so fond of (its a metaphor thing, don't ask), I shall call it an arm burn.

Come at me, Anon.

MrAnonymous

Bench
I am a great admirer & observer of Native American culture (particularly the Athapaskans). I would prefer to use Chinese Burn. Still, since the Chinese are in large part the Wolf ancestors to the Dogs I am so fond of (its a metaphor thing, don't ask), I shall call it an arm burn.

Come at me, Anon.

meh
your trolling is obvouis

no fun no more

and if this bigotry continues my people will be in contact with this site

no need for it

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
My 2 cents worth:

I personally wouldn't pick Pearce for NSW after failing to contribute over the past 3 years but if Daley sticks to his word and picks Pearce he must also pick Maloney.

I have a feeling that Daley will only take us backwards. Its going to be a tough year for NSW.

it's a good thing QLD don't follow your advice with their halves. how much better would they be under this theory?!?!

many halves can look good at club when inside forwards are putting the opposition on the backfoot in the middle third, and outside forwards and centres are running the right lines and dominating their wider opposition. this is the case at the chooks this year. shit man, with guys like Jenno, SKD, SBW & O'Donnell out on the fringes, they're probably the best outside third unit in the NRL. any NRL-level half is going to look good in the tri-colours this year when you have these weapons to utilise.

You don't select a half by default because of club combinations. In fact, you'd select halves in spite of the cast they get to play with at their club, because any 6 or 7 will play downhill when they have team mates that deserve just as much or even greater attention. Remember Soward in a strong Dragons unit? Remember Wallace in a strong Broncos team?

Reynolds and Sutton have got the best 4 props rotation in the league at their club and a DH just as damaging as Smith or Farah, as well as a freak of nature who bobs in on the inside or outside like a steamtrain. We've seen what Sutton is like when he hasn't got the cast to support him. And Reynolds just hasn't done enough in his short career to warrant Origin selection. He's excelling as a game manager, but he's not necessarily setting the NRL alight with exceptional play of the manner of Cronk or Thurston. Sure, not many NSW halves do, but A Reynolds hasn't even shown a glimpse of being near their league. He's just doing the job for his club. Give him another season to continue to build his confidence and playmaking skills and then evaluate next year.

Problem is, too many folk get sucked into club form or club roles without breaking it down into detail. It's not unlike the Stewart brothers with Lyon at Manly. Lyon is the nexus of this combination. He is the star. Yet too many folks cream themselves over the Stewart's who then end up being impotent when selected for NSW. We know NSW selectors have for some time. Sometimes I wonder if the old geriatrics who use to pick the blues squad just went for the free food and grog and day with their mates, then just consulted stats at the end of the game for the selections.

Last edited: