What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Trivia Thread

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Who Am I?

Im originally from Queensland, but made my debut for a Sydney Club. I spent 5 years at the club, however my final year was ruined by injury. I headed back to Queensland to play for my second team, and in the same year I finally represented Queensland at Origin. I played for 2 more Sydney clubs, before retiring but made a comeback the following year and played just 5 first grade games.

Who Am I?

Im originally from Queensland, but made my debut for a Sydney Club. I spent 5 years at the club, however my final year was ruined by injury. I headed back to Queensland to play for my second team, and in the same year I finally represented Queensland at Origin. I played for 2 more Sydney clubs, before retiring but made a comeback the following year and played just 5 first grade games.

Laurie Spina

Here are the unanswered:

4. Which English club offered Brad Fittler $1million a season for 2005?
7. Who did Ray Warren refer to when he said 'They're not gonna stop him unless his own man tackles him'?
11. How many interstate games did Clive Churchill play?
14. Which player declared they would be the first to score a $1 million contract?

brooksy19

Bench
Here are the unanswered:

7. Who did Ray Warren refer to when he said 'They're not gonna stop him unless his own man tackles him'?
14. Which player declared they would be the first to score a $1 million contract?

4. Leeds

7. Frank Pritchard

11. 33

14. Laurie Daley during the SL War

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Paul Green is correct.

Spina never represented Queensland unfortunately, after Murray retired he was favourite to get the number 7 gig, but a unknown player who was killing it for Ipswich named Alan Langer got the spot and held it for the next 8 years.

Here are the unanswered:

4. Wigan ??

7. Brad Fittler against Penrith in 2004 I think. I think the following line was something like "because the next 4 players near him are all Roosters".

11. I know there is 37 for NSW and I think he played one or two for QLD. So 38 perhaps if not 39.

4 is incorrect. This one is troubling.
7. YES! Actually against the Northern Eagles in 2002 in a 45-18 win (I saw it on the Decade of Excellence DVD).
It went 'And the intercept is taken by Fittler. Well the closest to him is a Rooster and the closest to that Rooster is another Rooster, so there's no way they're going to stop him unless his own man tackles him'.
11. 38 is correct. Indeed he did play one for Queensland.