What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Trivia Thread

Sir Biffo

Bench
they become the stgoerge-Illawarra dragons in 1999 , if the Goldcoast Titians are classed as an new outfit ,

Win is still a home ground for the dragons which they havent changed since they become a new club, their colours havent changed

So if Goldcoast is counted as a new club , then the dragons are and the answer is the steorge-Illawarra dragons have been the longest club which hasnt changed thier name, colours or home ground , not the goldcoast titians

We have changed our home ground ... alternating between ANZ & Kogarah a few times ... plus WIN.

Gaba

First Grade
We have changed our home ground ... alternating between ANZ & Kogarah a few times ... plus WIN.
Yes but Win is still an home ground which they played on though.
Or was there a year where the dragons didnt play at win ,

8. Which is the oldest surviving club that has not changed their name, colours or home ground?

Goldcoast titans is a newly formed club cant really be classed as surviving because this year was thier first

The point i am making is the WIN is the dragons home ground despite having a number of other home grounds and it hasnt changed

Unless there is a year where they never played at win - then the answer should be stgeorge-Illawarra dragons

Last edited:
10. Is this St George or St George Illawarra?

I'll go both:
St George Dragons
Hurstville Oval, Kogorah Oval...dunno if there is more.
St George Illawarra Dragons
OKI Jubilee Stadium, WIN Stadium, Aussie Stadium, ANZ Stadium.

Loudstrat

Coach
1. I'm thinking Brett Kenny's second try in the 1982 Grand Final will be it?

Yep.

5. If it's that Challenge Cup trophy, Wakefield's Billy Scott in 1946.
Yep.

10. Is this St George or St George Illawarra?

I'll go both:
St George Dragons
Hurstville Oval, Kogorah Oval...dunno if there is more.
St George Illawarra Dragons
OKI Jubilee Stadium, WIN Stadium, Aussie Stadium, ANZ Stadium.

I'm thinking both. Kogarah is the obvious one, whatever the name. Others are right, but I think you missed 3 more: their original home ground, and 2 they used from 86-88 during an upgrade to Kogarah.

Last edited:

coach

Who scored Australian League's last 3 point try? Very difficult to answer. It was either Grothe, Menings, Reddy or Kenny. All who scored a try in Australias 2nd test against France in Decemeber 1982. The following year league in Australia went to the 4 point try.

How many ex Dragons coaches later coached Parramatta? (5) Ken Kearney, Ian Walsh, Norm Provan, Jack Gibson and Brian Smith

Which player played for 2 clubs and 4 rep teams in the same season?

Who was the Knights first major sponsor? Henny Penny

Who won the first Lance Todd Trophy? Billy Stott 1946 Wakefield Trinity

Who the bloody hell was Lance Todd anyway? A Kiwi from the All Golds in 1907 who stayed in the UK and played for Wigan.

Who was the last first grade captain coach? Wally Lewis

Which is the oldest surviving club that has not changed their name, colours or home ground? North Queensland Cowboys

True or False. Ray Price and Darren Lockyer have/had the same playing weight (within 2-3 kilos) True.

How many home grounds have the Dragons had? (6) Oki Jubilee (Kograh), WIN Stadium, Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium, Earl Park. Hurstville,

The player who played for two teams and four rep teams in the same season is annoying me. I'll still look around though!
I could start some new questions to keep entertainment, remember that question too though:

01. Who was the last winner of the wooden spooner of the previous year to defeat the winner of the premiership of the previous year twice in the same season?
Loudstrat - Bulldogs.

02. Who was the official 500th player to play for Australia, and who were they playing for at the time of the debut?
Coach - Rod Reddy (Dragons)

03. Who was the first team to crack fifty points in the Australian league?
Coach - South Sydney Rabbitohs

04. Who pulled off the 'grenade throw' in the 2000 State of Origin series?
Loudstrat - Bryan Fletcher

05. In the 1998 semi-final between the Knights and the Roosters, what was unique about a video referee decision?
Loudstrat - The button/screen was broken.

06. Which team was the first team eliminated from the 2008 Footy Show Quiz?

07. Who was Cameron Smith playing for when he made his Junior Kangaroo debut?

08. Who was the last of the fifteen teams who played the 2003 competition to play a Golden Point match?

09. What was the last year the four tackle rule was used?

10. WHO AM I??? I was born in Newcastle, but played my debut against my hometown side at my hometown. In my second year of first grade I suffered an injury, meaning I had to have a knee reconstruction and miss the season, but my return mid-next season saw me play premier league.
I signed for my second club, and debuted, again, against the club I just left. My form improved, and scored eleven tries, but however left for Rugby Union in England after interest for me improved. After some stunning performances, I decided to return to Rugby League, and played in the Super League for the remainder of the year. The following year my home side signed me up where I am still yet to play first grade.

11. Which player scored tries in all three of their pool matches in the 2000 Rugby League World Cup, but didn't play in the finals as their country didn't qualify?

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Coach, I was mainly thinking domestic - but worded the question ambiguously. Technically, you are right re the last game in 1982. Did the northern hemisphere go to 4 point tries at the same time?

Saints had 2 more home grounds.

And I forgot Ian Walsh. The things you learn on the net. :)

Loudstrat

Coach
Dragons played at Belmore??? for a bit???
That's one. Good call.

Non Term - he was one of your GF players.

You quiz:

1) Penrith in 03

3) Eastern Suburbs

4) Bryan Fletcher?

5) They got it right....? From memory - the screen didn't work.

9) 1968

Coach, I was mainly thinking domestic - but worded the question ambiguously. Technically, you are right re the last game in 1982. Did the northern hemisphere go to 4 point tries at the same time?

Saints had 2 more home grounds.

And I forgot Ian Walsh. The things you learn on the net. :)

Yes, I think they did. I will say I only am guessing that because from 1982 in the Challenge Cup final when I saw the results, they looked like the newer system.

coach

The answer to Q2 is Rod Reddy and the Dragons. For Q3 the answer is Souths who beat the Magpies 67-0 way back on the 23/7/1910.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Which player played for 2 clubs and 4 rep teams in the same season?

Possibly Rod Morris or John Lang in 1980 or 1981.

Both would have played rep for City, NSW, Queensland SOO and Australia.

Not sure about the two clubs bit but Lang may have transferred down from Easts Tigers to Sydney Easts part way through the season.

Loudstrat

Coach

1. Who scored Australian League's last 3 point try? Brett Kenny - 1 to Non Terminator
  2. How many ex Dragons coaches later coached Parramatta? 4. Ken Kearney, Ian Walsh, Norm Provan, Jack Gibson and Brian Smith. 1 to coach
  3. Which player played for 2 clubs and 4 rep teams in the same season? John Lang in 1980: Brisbane Easts, Eastern Suburbs, City, NSW, QLD, Australia. 1 to XXXX Cap
  4. Who was the Knights first major sponsor? Henny Penny - 1 to rabbs
  5. Who won the first Lance Todd Trophy? Billy Scott - Wakefield. 1 to Non Terminator
  6. Who the bloody hell was Lance Todd anyway? A Kiwi from the All Golds in 1907 who stayed in the UK and played for Wigan. - 1 point to Pennywisealfie
  7. Who was the last first grade captain coach? Wally Lewis - 1 to Charlie
  8. Which is the oldest surviving club that has not changed their name, colours or home ground? Gold Coast Titans - 1 to Cumberland Throw
  9. True or False. Ray Price and Darren Lockyer have/had the same playing weight (within 2-3 kilos) True. Price's playing weight was 89kg. Lockyer's is 87. 1 point to my good mate Chucky :)
  10. How many home grounds have the Dragons had?
The Dragons have called home to Earl Park, Hurstville Oval, Kogarah Jubilee Oval, Belmore Sports Ground, the SFS, ANZ Stadium, and.........

Come on Dragons fans. It's bloody obvious! At the time, everyone was saying it's their virtual home ground anyway!!!!