What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Trivia Thread

Gaba

First Grade
Which is the oldest surviving club that has not changed their name, colours or home ground? Gold Coast Titans

Still think the answer is wron with the goldcoast titans - . as i mention before they cant be an surviving club, they are newly form this was thier first year

The answer is Stgeorge-Illawarra dragons since 1999 their home ground one of them always been win stadium, they played there ever year since 1999

Last edited:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
  1. Which player played for 2 clubs and 4 rep teams in the same season? John Lang in 1980: Brisbane Easts, Eastern Suburbs, City, NSW, QLD, Australia. 1 to XXXX Cap
Actually, Eastern Suburbs, Sydney Easts, City, NSW, QLD, Australia from where I'm sitting. :D

Gaba

First Grade
Lol you are correct ok 2 years , still a new club , and cant be classed as the oldest survival club
which the dragons are into thier 10 th year using win as one of thier home grounds and havent change colours or name

Goldcoast titans can not be the correct answer

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Which is the oldest surviving club that has not changed their name, colours or home ground? Gold Coast Titans

Still think the answer is wron with the goldcoast titans - . as i mention before they cant be an surviving club, they are newly form this was thier first year

The answer is Stgeorge-Illawarra dragons since 1999 their home ground one of them always been win stadium, they played there ever year since 1999

ffs. StgIll have changed from Oki Jubilee to ANZ. You have 2 home grounds, you can't just ignore one of them.

Gaba

First Grade
ffs. StgIll have changed from Oki Jubilee to ANZ. You have 2 home grounds, you can't just ignore one of them.
Read the question

the question stated havent changed NAME , COLOURS or their home ground

WIN STADIUM is still (Illawarra) home ground wollogong is a different city and the dragons havent changed from that, so technically i am right

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Read the question

the question stated havent changed NAME , COLOURS or their home ground

WIN STADIUM is still (Illawarra) home ground wollogong is a different city and the dragons havent changed from that, so technically i am right

Typing in bold giant letters doesn't make you any less wrong.
Have Dragons changed their home ground? Yes.

Anyway a summary (as well as I know) -

-Brisbane Broncos, 1988. Have changed from ANZ to Suncorp.
-Bulldogs, 1935. Multiple name changes over the years, including the Berries, Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, Sydney Bulldogs, and plain Bulldogs as they are now. Also moves from Belmore to Sportsground to ANZ.
-Canberra Raiders, 1982. Changed grounds from Seiffert to Bruce.
-Cronulla Sutherland Sharks, 1967. Changed from Sutherland Oval to Endeavor Field (now known as Toyota Stadium. Previously known as Shark Park, Toyota Park). Not sure about any name or colour changes. Did they drop the Cronulla Sutherland at some point?
-Gold Coast Titans, 2007. Changed from Carrara to Skilled Park in 2008. Bzzzzzt. Wrong.
-Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, 1947. Northern Eagles. Pity, because other than that have not changed grounds, colours or names as far as I know.
-Melbourne Storm, 1998. Played a season at Docklands before moving back to Olympic.
-New Zealand Warriors, 1995. Formerly known as Auckland
-Newcastle Knights, 1988. Always Blue and Red. Don't recall any other home grounds or names. Winner?
-North QLD Cowboys, 1995. Another one I can't recall any changes. Maybe the colours, im not too sure.
-Parramatta Eels, 1947. Former home ground was Cumberland Oval. Played a season at Belmore. Adopted the Eel mascot and logo in 1980.
-Penrith Panthers, 1967. 3 or 4 colour changes.
-St George Illawarra Dragons, 1999. Moved from Kogarah to ANZ. Too bad Gaba.
-South Sydney Rabbitohs. Moved from Redfern to SFS to ANZ.
-Sydney Roosters. Formerly known as Eastern Suburbs, adopted the Rooster in 1966, renamed to Sydney City Roosters in 1995, Sydney Roosters in 2000. Should be noted that the Football club remains Eastern Suburbs. Moved from Sydney Sports Ground to SFS.
-Wests Tigers. More home ground changes than I care to count

Gaba

First Grade
Typing in bold giant letters doesn't make you any less wrong.
Have Dragons changed their home ground? Yes.

Anyway a summary (as well as I know) -

-Brisbane Broncos, 1988. Have changed from ANZ to Suncorp.
-Bulldogs, 1935. Multiple name changes over the years, including the Berries, Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, Sydney Bulldogs, and plain Bulldogs as they are now. Also moves from Belmore to Sportsground to ANZ.
-Canberra Raiders, 1982. Changed grounds from Seiffert to Bruce.
-Cronulla Sutherland Sharks, 1967. Changed from Sutherland Oval to Endeavor Field (now known as Toyota Stadium. Previously known as Shark Park, Toyota Park). Not sure about any name or colour changes. Did they drop the Cronulla Sutherland at some point?
-Gold Coast Titans, 2007. Changed from Carrara to Skilled Park in 2008. Bzzzzzt. Wrong.
-Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, 1947. Northern Eagles. Pity, because other than that have not changed grounds, colours or names as far as I know.
-Melbourne Storm, 1998. Played a season at Docklands before moving back to Olympic.
-New Zealand Warriors, 1995. Formerly known as Auckland
-Newcastle Knights, 1988. Always Blue and Red. Don't recall any other home grounds or names. Winner?
-North QLD Cowboys, 1995. Another one I can't recall any changes. Maybe the colours, im not too sure.
-Parramatta Eels, 1947. Former home ground was Cumberland Oval. Played a season at Belmore. Adopted the Eel mascot and logo in 1980.
-Penrith Panthers, 1967. 3 or 4 colour changes.
-St George Illawarra Dragons, 1999. Moved from Kogarah to ANZ. Too bad Gaba.
-South Sydney Rabbitohs. Moved from Redfern to SFS to ANZ.
-Sydney Roosters. Formerly known as Eastern Suburbs, adopted the Rooster in 1966, renamed to Sydney City Roosters in 1995, Sydney Roosters in 2000. Should be noted that the Football club remains Eastern Suburbs. Moved from Sydney Sports Ground to SFS.
-Wests Tigers. More home ground changes than I care to count

Gaba

First Grade
Have the dragons changed ground in wollogong

no

So like i said technically i am right, remember the dragons arent an just an sydney side they are also an outer sydney side Illawarra

Newcastle colours are red , white & blue so you are wrong there, they have changed their original colours , and arent their away colours involve silver in them

Last edited:
Great find Adamkungl on the Knights and Cowboys - as you are correct on both.

Knights are the clear winner regardless of the controversial 'WIN Stadium' argument.

And remember there are still questions yet to be answered. Some have been answered.

01. Who was the last winner of the wooden spooner of the previous year to defeat the winner of the premiership of the previous year twice in the same season?
Loudstrat - Bulldogs.

02. Who was the official 500th player to play for Australia, and who were they playing for at the time of the debut?
Coach - Rod Reddy (Dragons)

03. Who was the first team to crack fifty points in the Australian league?
Coach - South Sydney Rabbitohs

04. Who pulled off the 'grenade throw' in the 2000 State of Origin series?
Loudstrat - Bryan Fletcher

05. In the 1998 semi-final between the Knights and the Roosters, what was unique about a video referee decision?
Loudstrat - The button/screen was broken.

06. Which team was the first team eliminated from the 2008 Footy Show Quiz?

07. Who was Cameron Smith playing for when he made his Junior Kangaroo debut?

08. Who was the last of the fifteen teams who played the 2003 competition to play a Golden Point match?

09. What was the last year the four tackle rule was used?

10. WHO AM I??? I was born in Newcastle, but played my debut against my hometown side at my hometown. In my second year of first grade I suffered an injury, meaning I had to have a knee reconstruction and miss the season, but my return mid-next season saw me play premier league.
I signed for my second club, and debuted, again, against the club I just left. My form improved, and scored eleven tries, but however left for Rugby Union in England after interest for me improved. After some stunning performances, I decided to return to Rugby League, and played in the Super League for the remainder of the year. The following year my home side signed me up where I am still yet to play first grade.

11. Which player scored tries in all three of their pool matches in the 2000 Rugby League World Cup, but didn't play in the finals as their country didn't qualify?

Gaba

First Grade
Great find Adamkungl on the Knights and Cowboys - as you are correct on both.

Knights are the clear winner regardless of the controversial 'WIN Stadium' argument.

No you are both wrong according to the question the knights colours were originally red and blue , they have changed to red ,white & blue

Plus they have silver in their away strip.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Newcastle colours are red , white & blue so you are wrong there
Since when? Newcastle has always been red and blue. Please point out to me where the white is in this jersey (apart from the sponsor):
jersey08H.jpg

Or how about this one:
gf-39.jpg
gf-39.jpg

White has only ever been used in Newcastle's alternate jerseys. The Roosters colours are red, white and blue

No you are both wrong the knights colours were originally red and blue , they have changed to red ,white & blue

Plus they have silver in their away strip

Teams usually go away from their 'club colour' in their away strip, but their home strip has always been red and blue, as is their 'club colour', even according to the Rugby League Annual.

Frederick

Staff member
No you are both wrong according to the question the knights colours were originally red and blue , they have changed to red ,white & blue
Since when?

Plus they have silver in their away strip.
Well then, by your reasoning, shouldn't our colours now be red, white, blue and silver? :roll: