What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Trivia Thread

Red Bear

Referee
ok - Proven Wrong Re The Club Colours Home Ground. The Knights Have White In Their Away Strip, So Technically.....

Gaba, You Are A Twat. But, The Dragons Have Had 8 Home Grounds: Earl Park, Hursville Oval, Kogarah Jubilee, Win, Sfs, Belmore, Anz And.......

Nt - From My Reading The 6 Tackle Rule Came Into Force In 1971.
scg

Nuke

Staff member
The answer is Newcastle Knights. Colours: Red & blue. Home ground: Newcastle International Sports Ground / Marathon Stadium / EnergyAustralia Stadium (all one ground, just the name has changed).

Move on.

Loudstrat

Coach
Loudstrat You are a bigger one , and proved it

9 words in that post, and you had to edit it. And that's the result?

Mate, I ballsed up the question. OK. Cane me for being human.

Not as if I launched a massive legal argument to say that Saints have never changed home grounds because they had their left foot in Wollongong, while the right danced around a heap of other venues.

Gaba

First Grade
Not as if I launched a massive legal argument to say that Saints have never changed home grounds because they had their left foot in Wollongong, while the right danced around a heap of other venues.

Lol fair enough ,

Loudstrat

Coach
No.
Ok, I might have worded the question badly. I'll change that.

Out of the fifteen teams who participated in the 2003 NRL season, which was the last to participate in a golden point match from when the rule began in 2003?

I geddit.

Broncos, round 24 2008. Beat the Titans 25-21.

Nope. Grr. I hate my misinformed question.
I mean which individual team was the last to participate their first match that went into Golden Point?

I think he means team, not game.
Titans didnt participate in the 2003 season anyway Misty.

I will say the Dragons.

Yep, cheers Mr Saab. It would be too obvious if it was the Titans.
Anywho Dragons is incorrect, but you were extremely close.

The Dragons were the 14th team.

01. Who was the last winner of the wooden spooner of the previous year to defeat the winner of the premiership of the previous year twice in the same season?
Loudstrat - Bulldogs.

02. Who was the official 500th player to play for Australia, and who were they playing for at the time of the debut?
Coach - Rod Reddy (Dragons)

03. Who was the first team to crack fifty points in the Australian league?
Coach - South Sydney Rabbitohs

04. Who pulled off the 'grenade throw' in the 2000 State of Origin series?
Loudstrat - Bryan Fletcher

05. In the 1998 semi-final between the Knights and the Roosters, what was unique about a video referee decision?
Loudstrat - The button/screen was broken.

06. Which team was the first team eliminated from the 2008 Footy Show Quiz?
Loudstrat - Melbourne Storm

07. Who was Cameron Smith playing for when he made his Junior Kangaroo debut?

08. Who was the last of the fifteen teams who played the 2003 competition to play a Golden Point match?
Mr Saab - Sydney Roosters

09. What was the last year the four tackle rule was used?

10. WHO AM I??? I was born in Newcastle, but played my debut against my hometown side at my hometown. In my second year of first grade I suffered an injury, meaning I had to have a knee reconstruction and miss the season, but my return mid-next season saw me play premier league.
I signed for my second club, and debuted, again, against the club I just left. My form improved, and scored eleven tries, but however left for Rugby Union in England after interest for me improved. After some stunning performances, I decided to return to Rugby League, and played in the Super League for the remainder of the year. The following year my home side signed me up where I am still yet to play first grade.

11. Which player scored tries in all three of their pool matches in the 2000 Rugby League World Cup, but didn't play in the finals as their country didn't qualify?
Mr Saab - Lote Tuqiri

Loudstrat 4, Mr Saab 2, Coach 2

Last edited:
Melbourne?

Already answered.

Make that the answer for the footy show question.

Well I will, because it's correct lol.

11. Ricketson?

9 -0 didn't they trial the 4 tackle rule somewhere in 07?

Ricketson is incorrect. The question says the side missed the finals.

And I think so, but I'm referring to a competition where first grade sides competed in. You are steering away from actual NSWRL competitions, so you're on the right track.