What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learoyd-Lahrs out for six weeks

David_B

Juniors
Learoyd-Lahrs out for sixSportal

http://www.sportal.com.au/league.asp?i=news&id=86684

space.gif
086684news.jpg
space.gif
Canberra's chances of sneaking a top-eight berth have been dealt a blow with utility Thom Learoyd-Lahrs ruled out of the rest of the regular season with a knee injury.

Learoyd-Lahrs sustained the injury during Sunday's 12-point win over Brisbane, his former club, and will now miss up to six weeks, meaning he could only return if the Raiders make the finals.

Meanwhile Michael Hodgson, who dislocated his shoulder in the win, will be fit to take on the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium on Sunday.

In further good news for the Green Machine, utility Terry Campese signed on for a further two years with the club.

Campese is currently the captain of the Raiders Premier League team, but is hoping to make a return to the top grade next season.

"Obviously with Jason Smith going there is a chance to go back up to first grade next season, so that's something I will be working on over the off-season," he said.

"I am happy that I am staying in Rugby League and with the Raiders, because they are the team I have always wanted to play for.
:(

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
noooo

He is my current favorite player...i didnt even notice him getting injured on the weekend, i knew he was hurt vs souths a couple of months back but i thought it was healed.

Huge blow..

lotm

Juniors
i'm not really that fussed. if he had continued his early season form, i'd be pissed, but he's really dropped of in the past couple months, imo. probably not a coincidence that it's coincided with his injury.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i think thom's been great all year long
he has been playing prop alot in games lately, thats what i attribute his lack of impact too... another matt elliott master stroke!

im happy for him to take the rest of the year off, get 100% fit, get a monster off season in at the gym and come back as a wide running back rower under henry... then watch the big man go!

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
he has been playing prop alot in games lately, thats what i attribute his lack of impact too... another matt elliott master stroke!

Well, that or a knee injury.

Which I am sure was Elliott's fault, too, of course. Plus, the bastard caused me to burn my crumpet at breakfast. I wish he'd just f**k off to Penrith.

aussies1st

Staff member
Tokyo_Raider said:
Well, that or a knee injury.

Which I am sure was Elliott's fault, too, of course. Plus, the bastard caused me to burn my crumpet at breakfast. I wish he'd just f**k off to Penrith.

Now you're getting the hang of it TR ;-)

skeepe

Immortal
Raider_69 said:

im happy for him to take the rest of the year off, get 100% fit, get a monster off season in at the gym and come back as a wide running back rower under henry... then watch the big man go!

Canberra Times said he may need a full reconstruction which would rule him out until June next year :(

woodgers

Bench
I would say that is us done now. He was in the group of 5 players that we needed in the 17 to make the top 8.

dubby

Bench
lotm said:
i'm not really that fussed. if he had continued his early season form, i'd be pissed, but he's really dropped of in the past couple months, imo. probably not a coincidence that it's coincided with his injury.

Have to agree with you. Pre-injury he was unstoppable, but his recent form was indifferent. It just goes to show that even while injured, TLL was still a good player. This gives a chance for a PL player to make a real go of it in the NRL, someone like Cannonball or Raston are pretty effective.

I hope its not as serious as a reco though...if so I am filthy that he was playing this time of year with a bung knee when it should have been in recovery mode!

thickos

First Grade
skeepe said:
Canberra Times said he may need a full reconstruction which would rule him out until June next year :(

Forget about all the players leaving, that's the worst news I've head in ages :(

Macko8

Juniors
f**k off this June next year bullsh*t.
One person saying knee reconstruction next june
The other ohh he'll be fit for finals IF we make it.

This kinda injury really pisses me off considering how good TLL has played this season
Why couldnt it of happened to Hodgson or Croker.........a player we dont need to make the finals!!!.

skeepe

Immortal
Macko8 said:
f**k off this June next year bullsh*t.
One person saying knee reconstruction next june
The other ohh he'll be fit for finals IF we make it.

This kinda injury really pisses me off considering how good TLL has played this season
Why couldnt it of happened to Hodgson or Croker.........a player we dont need to make the finals!!!.

You're an idiot.

Yeah great idea Macko, wish an injury on our most capped player so he doesn't get to play out the year before he goes overseas.

Excellent idea.

Tool.

Latest posts