What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lee Gilmour

He's meh. Nothing special really.

Give him credit to get up after copping a pollaxing off O Meley, and also his try. We'll see how he goes in two weeks.

bartman

Immortal
Some of the GB players played "above themselves", or in other words put in for a full 80 a interntaional level. It was good to see, and an improvement on previous years. Gilmour was just one of many, but better than efforts we've seen from most members of the pack in previous series.

Raynor redeemed himself too I think, after a poor grand final. I was scared that he'd be a weak link if included, but no any more. Long had his best interntaional game. Leon did well too and should keep Maguire on the fringes in this tour? I don't normally rate Newton, but he was effective in the muscular role in the early game, and then Roby comes on with more finesse.

This time they all pulled together and put in properly. Well done to all of them, it bodes well for a more competitive future. Re-match in two weeks should be a beauty, but I still expect Australia to take the Final.

HUDDERSFIELDUK

Juniors
i wouldnt say he is average,he makes many brakes and has great pace for a 2nd rower.
Id say he made Luke O Donnell look average when he bust through him.

He is still very AVERAGE. I'd love to see him come out to play in the NRL fulltime. He'd get HAMMERED!

NRL > Daylight > Daylight > Daylight > ESL

Bob8

Juniors
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
He is still very AVERAGE. I'd love to see him come out to play in the NRL fulltime. He'd get HAMMERED!

NRL > Daylight > Daylight > Daylight > ESL

Yes, when has he ever performed against top class Australian players?

Thats why I think he should try himself in the NRL. Prove to us all he isn't AVERAGE. Unless he does, he'll always be mediocre.

He's a big fish in an EXTREMELY small pond over in the ESL.

Lowey3

Juniors
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Thats why I think he should try himself in the NRL. Prove to us all he isn't AVERAGE. Unless he does, he'll always be mediocre.

He has nothing to prove by going over and signing for a NRL.

He's a big fish in an EXTREMELY small pond over in the ESL.

Ian Millward yesterday " in a way i'm glad GB won, it will now hopefully shut Gould up and any other Dunce Australians that think Super League is a poor competition. I'd bring over plenty of British players for the Cowboys".

Lowey3 said:
He has nothing to prove by going over and signing for a NRL.

Your kidding me right? Nothing to prove :lol:!! He's got everything to prove. He can prove whether he is "world class" as you gooses put it, or whether he's just another worthless GB hack that gets overrated for playing in a rubbish competition not worthy of challenging the QLD Cup in Australia or the Bartercard Cup in New Zealand.

Lowey3 said:
Ian Millward yesterday " in a way i'm glad GB won, it will now hopefully shut Gould up and any other Dunce Australians that think Super League is a poor competition. I'd bring over plenty of British players for the Cowboys".

Upsets do occur my friend. Remembering you hadn't beaten us in Sydney since 1988, and had only won 1 of your last 8 against us, not to mention getting smashed over here mid season one year 64-10. We'll have to wait and see what happens in the remainder of the competition, but as far as I'm concerned, you WON'T win the Tri Nations, and all you English fools will have egg splattered right in the middle of your big heads!

Bob8

Juniors
The thing is, we are still the underdogs. Being beaten by Australia, where the game is much bigger is not humiliating. Losing to France it a serious match would be embarrasing.

I look forward to a good contest, this match suggests we might well see that.

St.John

Juniors
Sea Eagle Scuba said:

Don't all but one of the Kangaroos play in the NRL?

He seemed to have no problem waltzing through some of the top NRL players to the try line. Even when he didn't know what day it was.

St.John said:
Don't all but one of the Kangaroos play in the NRL?

He seemed to have no problem waltzing through some of the top NRL players to the try line. Even when he didn't know what day it was.

WOW, one game, one line break and he scores a try.

Big woop, lets see him come and do it for 26-30 rounds like all the Australian forwards.

St.John

Juniors
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
WOW, one game, one line break and he scores a try.

Big woop, lets see him come and do it for 26-30 rounds like all the Australian forwards.

Yes, one game, one line break, one try. 100% hit rate. Do you see?

Why would he take a pay cut to live in Murrurramarringama, NSW, when he can roll into Sydney and sleepwalk his way to the line?

If you had said Bartercard instead of NRL, you may have a point, as the Kiwis are current Tri-Nations champions, after all.

simon says

First Grade
f**k you big mouthed poms are gonna be looking silly next time we hammer you.......I really cant wait for this game.

bartman

Immortal
:lol: at Scuba fighting the lonesome fight.

Why not just admit a guy played well and his team out-performed another more favoured team on the day, instead of sticking with this concept of all out 100% inter-competition superiority. What are people scared of?