What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeds-Castleford Match Summary

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Leeds 64 Castleford 12

Attendance: As usual, nowhere (apart from the LE and Teletext) lists the attendance. I think it was somewhere around 14000-15000

Highlights:
-As usual, Brad Davis gave his all and Steve Crouch had another good game.

Lowlights:
-The turnout from the Cas fans. I don't normally criticise our fans, but to have 300-400 against Leeds when we have just beaten Hull is very poor.
-Our backs failed to control the pace of the likes of Bai, Senior, Walker. Hull have some very fast players yet we managed to contain them. What went wrong?

Estimated Cas Fans: 300-400. I touched on this above, that was one of the lowest turnouts from Castleford fans for a long time at Headingley.

How were the Cas Fans?Quiet. As has happened so often this season, we have had little to cheer about.

Comedy Moment: I'll give this to the 6 or 7 Cas fans who attempted to conga through the Southstand. I don't know how far they got, but you can't fault them for effort.
See Jenna, I told you I wouldn't mention your socks :wink:

In a nutshell: Coupled with Widnes shock win over Wigan, it is now going to be an enormous effort to turn things round. We can win our last 3 games (not if we played like we did against Leeds, mind you) but I feel the likes of Widnes, Salford and London now have enough points to survive.
After some brilliant victories over Huddersfield and Hull, confidence was high and although I didn't expect a win against Leeds, I thought we could have pushed them a little closer. It was not to be and again this Sundays match against Salford is crucial. Not only do we need to win, but we need to improve our points difference.

Please note these are my views and not those of the supporters club

bartman

Immortal
You guys need to knock off Salford to get the momentum up for the Widnes game. Do both of those and you're in with a shot of staying up, if you don't bleed points in the final round. Otherwise #-o