What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Leeds United Thread: Promoted. Thank f**k for that.

In-goal

Bench
Just a few years ago Leeds United where High flying, Semi Finalist in the Champions League and a real powerhouse of the Premiership. Well in perhaps around 10 days time the once great club, winner of the last old Div 1 title maybe lost to the game forever.

It saddens me that a club of this size and tradition may no longer exciste after the opening day of the season.

To all the fans out there of the greatest club in Yorkshire I share a tear as I don't see the club coming back from this debacle. I would urge all people in all sports to thank their lucky stars that they have a football team, because very soon there will be thousands without one.

To all Sydney RL fans get out there and support your club as no one is infaliable to this kind of demise.

United, United

f**k leeds united. merkins. we should all meet up and have a bbq on leeds united liquidation day

34.jpg

^^ going to need updating soon

Bumble

First Grade
Always the normal crowd of scumbags reveling in this.

I really don't care if you hate Leeds, yes I can understand why you'd laugh when we get relegated be I honestly can't comprehend why anyone would want ANY club thrown out of existence.

People who are celebrating this make me sick.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Bumble, If people hate a particular team and that team gets relegated, they celebrate and people celebrated when they went down to the championship and are celebrating their place in League One.
If that team dies off, people are happy.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've never understood the blind hatred of Leeds myself. There are far worse clubs in the world, and far worse in England. It'll be a sad day when Leeds United have to call it a day.

In-goal

Bench
Well after yet more discussion yesterday between the board and the F.A. there is a glimour of hope that the club may be able to compete this coming season in League 1; However there will be a 15 point handicap placed on the club due to administration.

For those who are happy to see a club relegated is one thing, but for those who wish to see a club die that's another; What a total disgrace, and what you would rather see all clubs die and have yours as the only one on the field?

This makes me smile thanks mate, always glad to be rid of scum.

Well on the back of that comment I take it your behind one of the following Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal as there is no dout that a glory hunter only runs with those that don't like their feathers ruffled by other clubs!

The question remains should United fall, where to for football in Leeds?

Tyler Durden

Juniors
don't feel sorry for leeds after they f***ed the socceroos around by refusing to release kewell for internationals.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it will be a sad day if this happens

I wouldn't like it to happen to my club

fish eel

Immortal
Tyler Durden said:
don't feel sorry for leeds after they f***ed the socceroos around by refusing to release kewell for internationals.

what about when risdale tried to get jamie mcmaster to pledge allegiance to england....that would have been a real loss :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
btw, soccernet are reporting they'll play this year but have been hit with a 15 point penalty...

Bumble

First Grade
NP said:
Bumble, If people hate a particular team and that team gets relegated, they celebrate and people celebrated when they went down to the championship and are celebrating their place in League One.
If that team dies off, people are happy.

Don't try to parallel relegation with ceasing to exist. I would love it if Arsenal got relegated, it would be hilarious. But do I want them to cease to exist and leave people like you and many others with no club to support? FFS...of course not.

When you a genuinely happy that people are going to lose their football team you are a complete and utter merkin.

ocko

juniors
Bumble said:
Don't try to parallel relegation with ceasing to exist. I would love it if Arsenal got relegated, it would be hilarious. But do I want them to cease to exist and leave people like you and many others with no club to support? FFS...of course not.

When you a genuinely happy that people are going to lose their football team you are a complete and utter merkin.

:lol: this is right up there with the "celtic are a HUUUUUGGGGGEEEE club" and "How dare you bag out Frank Lampard" rants

brilliant :clap::clap::clap:

fish eel

Immortal
well, Bumble is right.

what's the joy in seeing people lose something they love?

TBH, if I hated a club, I'd rather them get relegated than see them cease to exist, once they cease to exist, you having nothing to hate other than memories....it's much better as a fan if that club you hate is still around, because then you get to beat them!!!

Arsenal fans should be the last ones to be celebrating this. How much debt are they in because of emirates? How would they be positioned financially should they have a shocking run with injuries and not qualify for europe next year? They'd probably be OK....but only because of the rich dollars in the premier league tv contract nowdays, but still.....

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Bumble said:

Well you can say that if you wish.
I hate chelsea, man utd and tottenham and i would not be sad if they all folded. Why would you be sad if a club, other than your own folded? Why would you be feel sorry for a group of bandwagoners?

fish eel said:
why do you hate leeds np?

A lot of people do, and I thought why not me too.

Misanthrope said:
I've never understood the blind hatred of Leeds myself. There are far worse clubs in the world, and far worse in England.

Like chelsea, man utd, the tottenham hot spews

Dragooner

Bench
I'm like many, why does everyone despise leeds. I frankly don't give a sh*te that that there in league 1. Good luck to them.

Latest posts