What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeson Ah Mau

Gareth67

First Grade
A lot of nervous players at the bulldogs at the moment...Their agents ringing around trying to secure fresh deals..Thinks Millward has his eye on one or two of them..

It would certainly be a feat if he could manage to get Mr. Klemmer in the Big Red V , even more so if those silly doggies would pay part of his salary ! :innocent:

Reactions: jak

FlameThrower

Bench
A lot of nervous players at the bulldogs at the moment...Their agents ringing around trying to secure fresh deals..Thinks Millward has his eye on one or two of them..
The Hasler reign of mega $ for training & faciluties, demanding complere control of recruitment and retention, unlimited TPA, unckecked backended deals and zero local juniors has resulted in this right royal cock-up.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Castle is only fit to be a tea lady and knows nothing about either form of rugby. Des is a meglomaniac who is too big for his coaching boots. The Bulldog Castle has fallen and rugby will be next.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Looks like its all over. Shame! I hope our recruitment don't get attacked for this.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12058652&ref=NZH_fb

NRL: Dragons forward Leeson Ah Mau to join Warriors on three-year deal
25 May, 2018 2:37pm

b91f5014-267c-469d-9035-f461aa888ff9.png

By: David Skipwith
Sports writer
david.skipwith@nzherald.co.nz@dskipwithNZH

St George Illawarra forward Leeson Ah Mau will join the Warriors next season.

The Herald understands the 28-year-old Auckland-born front-rower or lock has agreed to return home to take up a three-year deal believed to be worth around $500,000 a season that will keep him at the Warriors until the end of 2021.

The Warriors began discussions with Ah Mau earlier this season and beat out offers from several rival clubs including the Knights, Titans, and Panthers. The Dragons also attempted to re-sign him.

The move will bring the former Junior Warrior back to the club he began his NRL career with. Ah Mau played two games in 2009, before featuring 163 times for the Dragons after joining them from the Cowboys in 2012.

Ah Mau was initially believed to be keen to sign with a Queensland NRL club, but both he and his wife, Rose, have family in Auckland, which was a big factor in his decision to return to the Warriors.

It's understood Ah Mau this week informed his St George Illawarra teammates that he will depart at the end of the season, ahead of Saturday's top of the table NRL clash with second-placed Penrith at Panthers Stadium.

The Samoan international and former Junior Kiwi has been an outstanding performer off the bench for the competition leaders, who have lost just two games so far this season - against the third-placed Warriors and fourth-ranked Rabbitohs.

The Papatoetoe and Otahuhu junior was one of the Dragons' best in their round seven 20-12 defeat at Mt Smart Stadium last month and has been dynamic as a replacement for starting props Paul Vaughan and James Graham.

Ah Mau's recruitment will ensure the Warriors have depth in the middle forward role with uncertainty over whether 287-game veteran Simon Mannering will play on beyond this season.

His arrival will mean the Warriors playing roster for next year is almost full and the club has little money left to spend after recruiting heavily last year in signing the likes of Tohu Harris, Adam Blair, Blake Green, Peta Hiku and Gerard Beale.

Old Timer

Coach
If the $$$ mentioned are true, then I sincerely hope it was "family reasons" that made him take the deal because if it's all about $$$ then this would be a monumental f**k up on our part.
Can't replace him quality wise for less that these numbers and as a high quality post contact metre eater he has few piers.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
It is a shame that the Dragons could not fast track other players. The stocks are starting to look decidedly thin. We are down probably Ah Mau and Nightingale. We need to keep Latimore for one more year. Probably in 2020 we will be down Ah Mau, Graham and Latimore with only Vaughan as a genuine prop. Things are looking unrosy unless Millward pulls a rabbit out of the hat. Maybe Walmsley or another English player.

Gareth67

First Grade
Will certainly be missed , the man never let his club or teammates down . My best memory of him will be when he took on the ' cyclops ' Bulldog pack on in the 2015 semi- final . He played well above his weight in that game and hammered those doggies .

And this year the way he gave Toho Harris a good old fashioned don't argue will also give me good memories of him . Wish the man good fortune and may he give us all a many more good moments for the rest of 2018 . :innocent:

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Homesick i guess
Been great.much better than Host sele and co.
Hopefully we can pick up someone on the market.
Neither Host or Sele are props so not surprised he is much better than them in that role.
IMO he is better than Graham (playing wise).
Graham to me is a most curious signing as I can see untold benefits that he brings to the club other than what he actually brings on the field game day.
Most of the benefit we get from him were once the domain of coaches and captains (we were so deficient in that area) so I really hope that he gets a shot at coaching with us as I think he would be sensational and when he retires he should immediately be given the ISP team and then assist with the 1st grade side not too far after that.

I doubt we lost him without a plan, Millward has been pretty smart in recruitment so far, maybe looking at a young guy to step up........of someone would let them on the feild of course.

Ohh i don't know, i thought their snow white jersey's looked quite dapper on the sideline!.....

Smart, saving money on the cleaning, we can't afford much these days.

They should have a auction at the end of the year for the pristine 24 game worn number 17 jumper without a mark on it.