What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeson Ah Mau

epDragon62

First Grade
Yes 2010Dragons , extend his contract as Ah Mau is the true article he will always give 100% . I can recall him back in the 2015 semi against the Bullgrubs ( and they had a monstrous pack of forwards then ) Leeson never took a backward step and the Dragons smaller pack got over the top of theirs .

I can also recall Ah Mau giving Frank Pritchard a
good old fashioned ' don't argue ' and knocking him on his broad ass . I still believe that LAM has got a few more of those left in him .
Totally! LAM has been a great player for several years, although he hadn’t one that went backwards a little.

I have no doubt he will give his all if signed.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Just to give everyone the heads up.

Ian Millward was on the Market Watch Podcast yesterday with Ben Ikin chatting about our squad and recruitment. Lesson Ah Mau came up.
Millward said that "we are in dialogue with Leeson and his manager at the moment to look at keeping him at the Dragons", but Ian made it clear that Leeson is in his late 20s and will be looking to secure his future, eluding to the idea that he might be asking for a contract upgrade, most likely 3+ years.

I'm hopeful we can hold onto him, but Millward sort of suggested that both the club, and Leeson and his manager are keeping their options open.

Link to podcast (it's the one at the top of the list). They start talking about Leeson at the 20:50 mark -
https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/fox-nrl-market-watch

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
I would be pissed if we don't give him what he wants. He was a monster last game
Not just last game he has been in great form the last 2 years.
If we lose him due to not offering 3 years then this club is completely f**ked as I doubt Graham will actually see out 2 years without some issues as our style of footy will take its toll on his already well mileaged body.

Frank Facer

First Grade
A club really needs 4 quality props on their roster and then another 2 decent ones if possible to cover injuries and suspensions. AhMau is looking like one of the best interchange props in the game right now.

Life's Good

Coach
Not just last game he has been in great form the last 2 years.
If we lose him due to not offering 3 years then this club is completely f**ked as I doubt Graham will actually see out 2 years without some issues as our style of footy will take its toll on his already well mileaged body.
Hey OT, keep the injury linked talk away from our players. That’s mickeylanes job!

watatank

Coach
Just to give everyone the heads up.

Ian Millward was on the Market Watch Podcast yesterday with Ben Ikin chatting about our squad and recruitment. Lesson Ah Mau came up.
Millward said that "we are in dialogue with Leeson and his manager at the moment to look at keeping him at the Dragons", but Ian made it clear that Leeson is in his late 20s and will be looking to secure his future, eluding to the idea that he might be asking for a contract upgrade, most likely 3+ years.

I'm hopeful we can hold onto him, but Millward sort of suggested that both the club, and Leeson and his manager are keeping their options open.

Link to podcast (it's the one at the top of the list). They start talking about Leeson at the 20:50 mark -
https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/fox-nrl-market-watch

I don't think Millward really suggested anything. He just said that we want to keep Ah Mau and described the salary cap. not much to go by there

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Got a lot of man-love for Ah Moo..

He's a top grade footballer, a beast but also a quietly spoken true gentleman off the pitch..

It's enjoyable just watching the opposition struggle to contain him..

Hope he stays with us long term.

The calm one

Juniors
If we don’t sign him the the roosters will come running with an opened cheque book. They desperately need someone like him up front

Life's Good

Coach
If we don’t sign him the the roosters will come running with an opened cheque book. They desperately need someone like him up front
The Roosters have added Frank Paul Nuuausala for the exact role that AhMau would play there - off the bench. Id question whether they would want to buy another player for the same purpose when they need to bolster their run on props first.