What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua has appointed new agent

He will stay a dragon has verbally agreed weeks ago with him training with the team but he wants a clause that he wants to after 2018 to play with his brother that comes off contract with Canberra 2018 also dragons will need to sign them both on a package long term both dragon juniors .
Boy you do like to tell some tall tales.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
He will stay a dragon has verbally agreed weeks ago with him training with the team but he wants a clause that he wants to after 2018 to play with his brother that comes off contract with Canberra 2018 also dragons will need to sign them both on a package long term both dragon juniors .

Bs total bs

If true it is not the first time 2 brothers wanted to play in the same team.

Raiders have an opportunity to sign Luciano right now. If Luch feels very strongly about this he would most likely jump at a Raiders approach if it were made at this time.

I have a feeling that he also has a good relationship with a number of his U/20s team mates.

It is more likely his manager wants a short contract to :

1) evaluate who our coach will be moving forward;
2) see how Luciano and the other juniors are utilised by the club;
3) maximise his salary with the impending cap increase;

B.J had a very good season this year. Lets see how he goes in 2017. If he plays consistently the club make consider chasing him.

Cannot recall Ricky Stuart ever being successful in consecutive years.

2 years is a long time.

Suggest Saints sign Luch now as we need a ball player to give the pack some balance. JDB is not the answer in this regard.

Hogwash IMO
Joey will make the Kangaroo squad in the next year and is knocking on the door of SOO now and it all came good for him at the Raiders so why would he or why would they want / allow him to leave.
We are all applauding our new found passion to keep our juniors and everyone is wax lyrical about how good our outside backs stocks are and you suggest that will all be swept aside for Joey who left us under a behavioural cloud to sign with us so we can keep Luciano who is unproven at first grade.
Luciano might be promising but he doesn't carry enough kudos to contemplate that deal getting over the line.

I think what John Moz is alluding to is that Luch wants the opportunity to play with his brother which means he would be willing to sign with Canberra, hence the 2 year contract.

Old Timer

Coach
SF
Re read his post he is definitely saying Dragons need to give Luciano an agreement that they will sign both on long term contracts post 2018

Extract form John Moz post

"also dragons will need to sign them both on a package long term both dragon juniors" .

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, not raining on the parade, a few thoughts.

I have seen and watched Luc play in a few of the first grade games. He is young and strong. I saw some good carries but nothing exceptional. I saw a silky off load pass to get Widdolph away in his 1st game in NRL. He looked shorter and broader than his brother who is a top shelf centre.

Yes he could be a tip top player, but may not improve further. Yes please sign him up but really at this stage anything more than $250K a season would be overs?

SaintElroy

Juniors

I can't, I can't even. Dude where do you hear this shit?

SF
Re read his post he is definitely saying Dragons need to give Luciano an agreement that they will sign both on long term contracts post 2018

"also dragons will need to sign them both on a package long term both dragon juniors" .

OT I interprete what JMoz is saying somewhat differently.

Essentially Luch will only sign a 2 year contract because he wants the opportunity to play with his brother.
SF

Not possible at this time OT simply because all three parties would need to agree to all contract terms including salaries right now.

If the club wanted an option for say a further 3 years service that could be conditional upon us signing B.J.

Sounds like dribble to me as the manager attempts to justify Luch signing a 2 year contract rather than 3-4 year contract.

At the end of the day the club doesn't know whether Luch will be a star or whether he will fail to perform consistently. Hence a 2 year contract is probably a good move for both sides.

BennyV

Referee
At the end of the day the club doesn't know whether Luch will be a star or whether he will fail to perform consistently. Hence a 2 year contract is probably a good move for both sides.
Exactly. 2 year contract is the norm for players at this stage of their career. Its a win for Leilua, as it gives him the chance to secure a larger contract if he performs in his first couple of years of first grade, which its a win for the club as it allows us to monitor his progress and be the first to upgrade if he is performing, while not being locked in long term if he fails to make the jump.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
OT I interprete what JMoz is saying somewhat differently.

Essentially Luch will only sign a 2 year contract because he wants the opportunity to play with his brother.

Not possible at this time OT simply because all three parties would need to agree to all contract terms including salaries right now.

If the club wanted an option for say a further 3 years service that could be conditional upon us signing B.J.

Sounds like dribble to me as the manager attempts to justify Luch signing a 2 year contract rather than 3-4 year contract.

Agree 100% right

Morotti

Juniors
2 years for a young kid who we don't know whether he will be able to make it in the top grade is stock standard for mine.

Also I would like to see him get involved a little bit more. When we lost the finals game he didn't really go looking for the ball as much as I would have liked. Similar to his brother at Canberra at times I saw him simply fade out of games and go missing for large patches.

I think he gets on the bench this year as an impact player but let us wait and see how he goes.

You would expect most teams have their roster for 2017 sorted by now so I would not expect him to move form the Dragons. Also if they are all starting from scratch then that doesn't leave a lot of time for negotiations with other teams given the season is fast approaching.

mobels

Juniors
Spot on ot
Those dirty dogs or still sniffing and the sharks as far as I know
Dogs are over the cap so they can't field an offer and it's been reported that the Sharks have bowed out on the race on signing him instead opting to resign Heighinton and Lewis.

I'd say were guranteed to re-sign him, it's just working out the minor details now.

monsterkev

Juniors
Recruitment have really redeemed themselves over the last 6 months, it was looking dire there for a while but they've answered the fans call to retain our talented juniors as well as pick up a few really solid first graders.

If all this talk of Hasler signing on next year is true, he could attract even more names. I'm thinking Moses Mbye in particular.
Now the fans will be to blame not mary or doust and co
Well

monsterkev

Juniors
Exactly. 2 year contract is the norm for players at this stage of their career. Its a win for Leilua, as it gives him the chance to secure a larger contract if he performs in his first couple of years of first grade, which its a win for the club as it allows us to monitor his progress and be the first to upgrade if he is performing, while not being locked in long term if he fails to make the jump.
If he was at another club with a quality coach he would probably be a superstar
But this is the dragons were talking about with shit coach,shit management so i dont think we will see the best of him in the next 2 years and will most likely be released
I have confidence in leilua's ability but zero confidence in the systems in place to get the best out of him

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Leilua shows attacking potential but he needs to round out his game which hopefully he will do in the Cutters and then get NRL
opportunities later next year. A couple of
flashy ball distributions or breaks of the defensive line here or there need to be accompanied by sound defence and physical commitment. Hopefully he makes the grade.

Old Timer

Coach
The John Moz post as written

The John Moz post broken down

"He will stay a dragon has verbally agreed weeks ago with him training with the team"

"but he wants a clause that he wants to after 2018 to play with his brother that comes off contract with Canberra 2018"

Statement 1 no issue but is incumbent on statement 2
Statement 2 no issue but looks like it is incumbent on statement 3
Statement 3 To me he bound this into the body of statement 2 making it look like a pre requisite that the Dragons make the offer now otherwise no deal for 17/18

If Luc is off contract at the end of 18 as is his brother he didn't have to post anything else as he already has a release from his 2 year contract and can go wherever he wants and negotiate that then but it still appears to me that all of it hinges on an agreement that they play long term with the Dragons after 2018.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Dogs are over the cap so they can't field an offer and it's been reported that the Sharks have bowed out on the race on signing him instead opting to resign Heighinton and Lewis.

I'd say were guranteed to re-sign him, it's just working out the minor details now.

Great news