What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's have some biff.

dazza1976

Juniors
Last time i was in oz whilst watching channel 9's footy show i recall Reg Reagan (Mathew Johns) wanting to see more biff so i reckon next version should include the occasional punch up.
You would set the biff ratings for how likely they are to see red and have a tear up. Would love to see Tallis and Morley going at it and my fav biff man Kevin Campion letting em fly too
Just a thought boy'sand girl's
Cheers

Paullyboy

Coach
People suggest this a lot, but quite frankly it would just be annoying.

If anyone has played any NHL game (ive only played NHL 2000 a few years back on the playstation 1), it had fights in the game, but after one or two fights the novelty wore off ridiculously fast and it became just plain annoying to have a good game disrupted by it.

So i beg that the SIDHE completely avoid the fights in any game they make.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
it would be alright but only if it happened rarely, like paullyboy just said it would become annoying and interrupt the flow of a game.

there are more important things to add to the next version of the game ahead of fights.

Clevo

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
People suggest this a lot, but quite frankly it would just be annoying.

If anyone has played any NHL game (ive only played NHL 2000 a few years back on the playstation 1), it had fights in the game, but after one or two fights the novelty wore off ridiculously fast and it became just plain annoying to have a good game disrupted by it.

So i beg that the SIDHE completely avoid the fights in any game they make.

So is this the same as the novelty of scoring tries from the scrum. I dunno about you but I do find that annoying too.... maybe they should not have scrums in the next version. eh?

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
If they did it right it would add to the game.

It should only happen in tight competitive matches on which an awful lot rides. Then if the game is physical and getting desperate a high shot could bring about a fight!

Instead of switching to a stupid Tekken style mini fighting game, you could just use the X button (Sprint) to control the agression. If you hammer it, your man lets them fly. If you press triangle your players come in as peace makers and it ends.

Goleel

Juniors
You're crazy Clevo, how does that relate at all to the discussion, getting rid of scrums? We all know the game has a serious issue with scrum defense, get over it.

Fights, no thanks, first, the NRL wouldn't allow it, second it'd get very tiresome. And if fights make it in over say, improvements to dummy half passing, well, there'd be trouble.

Adidazzler

Juniors
But like the first post sorta said you could set a rating for the blood and all that, maybe they could make it where there are like 4 settings, 1 is never, 2 is rarely, 3 is sometimes, and 4 is like a lot or something like that. It would be awsome but to have fights while playing with your friends.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I dont think fights are a good idea in a sports computer game. I think the high shots are fine. One thing I'd like to see is a send off in high tackles, just for once, I have played this game for a while, Ive seen so many high tackles, but yet there arent any send offs, just sin bins.

Just getting back to scrums, I dont know why we should get rid of em. I think however they should be improved in the next computer game, instead of having an automatic scrum, why cant you feed the scums manually.

Goleel

Juniors
You get sent off if a player gets sin binned then when he's back on the field he makes another high tackle.

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
ive been sent off heaps for high tackles and spear tackles... i hate how often high tackles are though. my first game on legend was in the rain, so that ment heaps of dropped balls... and i couldnt stop the defense on just normal tackle that often. but everytime i would use aggresive tackle, it would be high or spear, ending up in me losing players. i lost 30-12 :(

[furrycat]

Coach
Fights would wreck the momentum and speed of the game. They'd be too frequent and then we'd complain about it too. And Replicated God, RL : Unleashed will turn down sin-bins, and I may release the sin-bin tone down a little earlier.