What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's sign a half Thread

Dazzat

First Grade
I was one of the most critical fans in relation to Wallaces' performances last year. The were so consistently awful it was very hard to watch. However this year he has been much improved. He defense is the best of any halfback that for sure. He is taking on the line a lot more and sooner or later he will start to open up our oponents. I hope he proves me right but I feel he deserves some credit for his season so far. GO THE MIGHTY BRONCOS BY THE WAY.

Wallace is a champion halfback and will improve if he can remain injury free. As Bruno Cullen said before his departure, mostly other players with Wallace's injury last year wouldn't have played one game, much less most of the season as Wallace did.

So called fans have no tolerance for players recovering from injury. Many fans think players are like cars - you take them in for repair and they perform as new straight away. Sorry guys ... human bodies and minds don't work like that.

This reality check is brought to you buy Dazzat.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Wallace is a champion halfback and will improve if he can remain injury free. As Bruno Cullen said before his departure, mostly other players with Wallace's injury last year wouldn't have played one game, much less most of the season as Wallace did.

So called fans have no tolerance for players recovering from injury. Many fans think players are like cars - you take them in for repair and they perform as new straight away. Sorry guys ... human bodies and minds don't work like that.

Tolerance ???

He's been recovering from a blown testicle since 2008

That's 3 f*cken years.......

If Broncos fans were any more tolerant

we'd be gathering in our bath robes at Brisbane airport singing Hare Krishna.

AuDragon

Juniors
Tolerance ???

He's been recovering from a blown testicle since 2008

That's 3 f*cken years.......

If Broncos fans were any more tolerant

we'd be gathering in our bath robes at Brisbane airport singing Hare Krishna.
Last year had nothing to do with his testicle problem, it was apparently a very debilitating shoulder injury.

Dazzat

First Grade
Last year had nothing to do with his testicle problem, it was apparently a very debilitating shoulder injury.

That's alright ... I'm tolerant and I understand ... Mr Fourex has a bit of a obsession with male genitalia. He'll forget about Wallace's testicle problem in 10 years or so.

Mr Fourex

Bench

Very debilitating ........

debilitated his kicking ........running.......creativity....organising .....etc etc

Mr Fourex

Bench
That's alright ... I'm tolerant and I understand ... Mr Fourex has a bit of a obsession with male genitalia. He'll forget about Wallace's testicle problem in 10 years or so.

I would think out of the two of us, YOU would be more familiar with Peter Wallace's genitalia than me.......:p

AuDragon

Juniors
Very debilitating ........

debilitated his kicking ........running.......creativity....organising .....etc etc
Have you ever played a sport while carrying an injury?

A lot of knowledgeable ppl seem to think it can seriously affect your game. I happen to know from experience it does, but I guess you know better... or is it just the urge to bag Wallace? :sarcasm:

Mr Fourex

Bench
Have you ever played a sport while carrying an injury?

A lot of knowledgeable ppl seem to think it can seriously affect your game. I happen to know from experience it does, but I guess you know better... or is it just the urge to bag Wallace? :sarcasm:

It's not an urge to bag Wallace at all.

It's the urge not to throw up every time someone says that Peter Wallace is a champion and follows it up with BUT

he's been playing with an injury

forever, and that's why he doesn't contribute to the sides attack anymore.

Look......I don't really want to continue with this debate over Wallace. I don't really enjoy bagging him. You and Dazzat have your opinions and I have mine.

I'll be pleased as piss to be proven wrong.......

I might revisit the discussion after SOO......let's say RD 18?

I'm curious also

just when does the carrying injury in 2010 excuse pass it's use by date.......

AuDragon

Juniors
It's not an urge to bag Wallace at all.

I'm curious also

just when does the carrying injury in 2010 excuse pass it's use by date.......
Sure it is, you can't help it. You sound like Carney saying he's not an alcholic.

Just when is Wallace's 2010 form going to stop being used about his performances in 2011?

And after Origin or Rd 18, Wallace still won't be Thurston, so the urge will come back, I guarantee it!

Wilfred

Juniors
The only half I'd consider signing before Foran is Thurston. That's right, I wouldn't even sign Cronk over Foran, that's how much I rate Kieran.

I really like Foran also, thats who the cheque book should be getting opened for imo.
Not only is he young and talented with a bucketload of potential, I am pretty sure that i read somewhere last year sometime, that Foran is pound for pound the strongest player in the NRL?.... he was lifting the same weight as others 30+kilos heavier I think.

Can anyone confirm this or maybe even have a link to the article claiming it? ( the article from memory had a bunch of stats from players from different clubs and what they could bench/squat etc)

I found the link (cant post it as I havent reached 20 posts yet) but you can find the link by searching the Manly forum for "foran weight" and the link to the daily telegraph article will come up...very strong lad indeed

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
Foran .......certainly held his own against class opposition last night.

He's an exciting prospect

Broncos fan!

Juniors
How good was the play where he made a break and chipped it off the outside of his boot back into centrefield for Hohaia (?) to score. All class that was.

Sidestep

Juniors
Confusion came from Gus identifying Peter Nolan as still being associated with the Broncos. Nolan was the Broncos football manager in 2010, he took up the same role with the Eels early this year. Nolan negotiated the signing of Sandow with his manger Isac Moses.

parra pete

Referee
Confusion came from Gus identifying Peter Nolan as still being associated with the Broncos. Nolan was the Broncos football manager in 2010, he took up the same role with the Eels early this year. Nolan negotiated the signing of Sandow with his manger Isac Moses.

Good sidestep....whew...got out that one nicely....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's talk the Broncos may do the Tigers a second favour in a few years.

After taking the lazy talentless hack Te'o off our hands, its now rumoured the Broncos' are looking to Robert Lui, as a possible replacement for Lockyer next year (Lui's natural position is five-eighth)

After last night's game, you can have him for a dollar, and we'll pay for the airfares

Big Pete

Referee
If it does happen maybe we'll get something out of him like we did with Te'o?

Not sure what to make of it, I guess we'll see if anything more is made of it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he's got a good kicking game.

tbh I reckon he'd play much better at 6, he's not much of an organiser. With Wallace leading the team around, Lui could be quite good.

He'll never wear the 6 at Tigers while Benji is there.