What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis or lewis

super_coach

First Grade
whatching the PL GF today,the lewis we have signed for 2007 looks a dud,but the Lewis we had in our junior ranks,well he has a touch of johns written all over him.
You scratch your head at times and wonder how we let a kid go who has class written all over him and sign a bloke who needs a heart transplant..I might be wrong but Josh Lewis is a gun the one we got from the Eels is a log

Bazal

Post Whore
Peter Lewis will add good depth, and not much else. He is a good premier league front rower, but struggles with the pace of firsts...

brook

First Grade
Anyone taking bets on which one of Balmains younger and more talented lower grade props will be pushed out of the side to make room for Peter Lewis?

gr8_1

Juniors
Josh Lewis was at Balmain ? When ?
The kid is going to be a superstar IMO. But how many halfbacks can the Roosters keep though, Soward, Lewis, Pearce.

brook

First Grade
gr8_1 said:
Josh Lewis was at Balmain ? When ?
The kid is going to be a superstar IMO. But how many halfbacks can the Roosters keep though, Soward, Lewis, Pearce.

Not sure if he ever played junior reps for us but he's a Balmain junior

Balmain_Boy

Apparently played for Pyrmont, though I don't think they have a team anymore. Makes me feel sick that he came from our junior league. Imagine a Lewis and Marshall combination, fair dinkum be the best young combo going around.

Junior Junior is one out of the box, Roosters won't let him go. Lewis looks brilliant. Could be Soward that's gorn.

Balmain_Boy

Apparently played for Pyrmont, though I don't think they have a team anymore. Makes me feel sick that he came from our junior league. Imagine a Lewis and Marshall combination, fair dinkum be the best young combo going around.

Junior Junior is one out of the box, Roosters won't let him go. Lewis looks brilliant. Could be Soward that's gorn.

Spike

First Grade
brook said:
Anyone taking bets on which one of Balmains younger and more talented lower grade props will be pushed out of the side to make room for Peter Lewis?

I'll pick Rawlins or Katu

brook

First Grade
Spike said:

Katu is what I'm afraid of, if its Rawlins I'll handle things a lot better no matter what I think of Lewis lol

He's got the size and when he does run hard he actually looks good but it doesn't happen too often - on the other hand he has the benefit of being about 10 years younger than Peter Lewis as well....

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Rawlins has to much puppy fat and has a player mould I doubt will fold into Muscle unless alot of hard work is applied - something I doubt will happen so you can take him.

Katu on the other hand I would hope remains.

Spike

First Grade
I know Rawlin's old man. Reckons he's determined to knuckle down and put in a big off season. Is hitting the oval with a few of the other players to run of those excess kgs and is also hitting the weights in the hope he gets another contract. This is the time when most footy players are putting their feet up so I'll give him another year to prove himself before writing him off. At the very least it shows determination, a quality to admire in any young footy player.

brook

First Grade
Spike said:
I know Rawlin's old man. Reckons he's determined to knuckle down and put in a big off season. Is hitting the oval with a few of the other players to run of those excess kgs and is also hitting the weights in the hope he gets another contract. This is the time when most footy players are putting their feet up so I'll give him another year to prove himself before writing him off. At the very least it shows determination, a quality to admire in any young footy player.

I agree that does at least show he's got the right attitude and he is still young. He's a big boy so if he muscles up and brings the same attitude onto the field with him he could turn things around.

I guess its worth remembering that Luke O'Donnell was a chubby and unexceptional flegg player too and he turned out ok lol

Either way I'd rather any member of this years flegg forward pack get a spot ahead of a 28 year old career PL player.

brook

First Grade
Spike said:

Well looks like it was Katu - according to the gains/losses thread in the NSWRL forum he's now headed to the Titans.

grrrrrr

Mighty Tiger

Bench
brook said:
I guess its worth remembering that Luke O'Donnell was a chubby and unexceptional flegg player too and he turned out ok lol

somehow think this time things will be a bit different all round

brook

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
somehow think this time things will be a bit different all round

As do I

but personally I don't think the chances are any higher that peter lewis will suddenly turn into a NRL player so given the choice I'd rather give a second chance to a young player already at the club.