What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liam Foran

ozbash

Referee
hope they are right. He's young and even at his age the potential is very apparent.

good move by the club..

ozbash

Referee
well, havnt seen much of the kid in the Storm U20's, but the games ive seen he was worth considerably more than a pinch of sh*t..

Nz

Juniors
Well, at least he's a Kiwi.
We could use a #7 on the international front, pending that he develops his game.

SOO

Juniors
well, havnt seen much of the kid in the Storm U20's, but the games ive seen he was worth considerably more than a pinch of sh*t..

Mate he is 20 playing 20s you would hophe plays well in 20s because he has been there for 2 years he has shown he cant perform in the NRL.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haha if you say so. Yeah he must have been playing sh*t last year in he QLD cup as a 19 year old not to force his way into a premiership winning team like the Storm with Inglis and Cronk in the halves huh? He proved to me in the JK game last year that he is up there.....outplayed the Aussie halves.

Blaze

Juniors
he has shown he cant perform in the NRL.

hmm.. his three NRL appearances have been off the bench as a replacement hooker. Hardly enough to make a judgement like you have...

Personally have been a bit underwhelmed by him in the U20s though.

PASSION

Juniors
Mate he is 20 playing 20s you would hophe plays well in 20s because he has been there for 2 years he has shown he cant perform in the NRL.

From what I have seen of our under 20's halves Jody Henry who has been playing in the Auckland comps and Isaac John who i think comes from south waikato with no real comp in there area, well a quality comp, not to the Auckland standards at least. These boys and Cameron (who was in Oz). Their ability is certainly classy, and they have not had the advantages that Foran has had but I think there ability is the same or nearly the same as his. When they have had more game time under there belt and help from professional like Stacey....... and what Foran has been exposed too - our future looks good to me. After all this is the first year for our young talent to see what they are made of. Roll on 2009!

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Interesting, because in the sunday news the Warriors were saying that talks have broken down between the Warriors and Foran's manager.

I rate this kid, and his brother for that matter. Does anyone not rememebr him last year playing in the halves in the Jnr Kiwis vs Jnr Roos? His kicking game is pretty good, in fact i would go as far as saying it beats anyone we currently have at the club.

Put him behind a big forward pack that is going foward and i think we will see him shine - which he is not getting currently at the Storm U20's.
I have also heard from a family member of the Forans that BOTH Foran boys want to play at the Warriors in the future.

Mal Meninga

Bench
He was a superstar in school and his school mates always thought the Foran's were better than Mitch Pearce, but hasn't really come on since. Maybe he peaked too early or whatever, he played well against the Raiders U20's but whenever I watch him I always think to myself, "Is this it?"

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Posted these stats on a seperate forum, comparing Foran to our crrent U20's halfback John. For some reason I can't find Johns stats for either game against Souths but taking out those games leaves both players with 17 games each.

Foran
Appearances 17
Try Assists 11
Line Breaks 3
Errors 21
Tackle Breaks 30
Tackles 287/339
Running Metres 783
Kicks 158 - 4596 (3 x 40/20)

John
Appearances 17
Try Assists 12
Line Breaks 4
Errors 9
Tackle Breaks 21
Tackles 287/354
Running Metres 703
Kicks 151 - 3824 (1 x 40/20)

High error count from Foran, but I was surprised with his tackle breaking as I saw John as the more aggressive runner.

I think kicking game is the big thing the Warriors are looking at as this is the area we've really been let down in with the exception of last week against the Sharks. Foran clearly wins in that category.

Hard to compare though considering the forward packs both players are playing behind.

blain

Juniors
id take him full stop. hes young, has potential and a good kicking game. when was the last time we saw that at the warriors? i dont have a clue. (remembering ravs was like 23)

Latest posts