What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liechardt Oval cant wait to reunite next year.

TIGERPies

Juniors
With the tigers having played there last game of the season, and the fans clearly voting with their feet, it seems many will share these sentiments.

With a reduced quota of games next year (3 or 4) these games will continue to grow and be a major event for the district each year.

Sorry for wasting peoples time but this is just my special tribute to a little haven in the inner west.

Liechardt until next year.

Please feel free to use this as a post for your fondest memories of the ground this year.

Bring on the cowgirls! and the black and white

Yeehah :twisted:

jirskyr

Juniors
I was probably most stoked at the Parra game. We played all over them.

And I couldn't believe we'd just won 3 straight!

Eddie.

Bench
scores this year at Leichhart

Manly 30-22
Parr 33-6
Storm 32-18
Souths 56-6

total 151- 52

Crowds

total - about 57-58 000 average over 14K

Great year for the Tiges at Leichhardt.

Bib

Juniors
No such a great moment for the game, but watching the crowds reaction when williams got sent off, pure anger which was a discrace but showed passion from 5000 people

innsaneink

Referee
A nice, bigger extended hill next season, around behind the southern posts, where the old stands now wait for their final day....the same stand where I saw Russell Fairfax miss with a shot at goal that would've given the Roosters the 77 Amco Cup, instead thankfully ensuring the Cup went back to Ashfield.

PINGU

Juniors
The Storm game certainly proved the fairweathered fans get behind the side.

Still the highlight of the year for the Wests Tigers was the 2 weeks where 106 points were scored against them and they scored Ummmmmmmmmmmmm 0 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach

:roll:

Typical b/s from you. What more can we expect from a Balmain/Wests Tigers hater.

Still the highlight of the year for the Wests Tigers was the 2 weeks where 106 points were scored against them and they scored Ummmmmmmmmmmmm 0

In the top 8 and with a positive for and against. :lol:

Next!

Wrighty79

Juniors
Many people apart from Tiger boys/girls won't understand, but this is what LO means to me:

I have so many memories, I don't know where to start.

I remember winning 5 competitions with Leichhardt Wanderers at LO.

I remember going to LO at 1100 with my family, uncles and aunty's included. They always took an esky full of KB and stood on the hill, whilst me and my sis and cousins, slid down the hill (where the trees are) on the dirt, on cardboard boxes.

I remember watching my cousin play for Combined Country in the Panasonic Cup.

I remember a game in the mid-late 80's against Manly when it absolutely poured with rain.

I remember our last game as Balmain in '99, and running onto the field with 10 minutes to go to grab the corner post.

It's not about what I remember... It's about what our kids will miss out on.

Cheers.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Last Sunday was the greatest day I have had at Leichhardt Oval....

Beautiful winters day
Winning all 3 grades
Biggest crowd since about 1989 (Penrith vs Tigers??? Correct me if im wrong)
Listening to the old Balmain team song
50 hiding of the Rabbitohs who have been our bogey side for so long

Though there have been some good memories, the final Balmain game in which 15,000 people showed up on Saturday night in atrocious conditions to watch Balmain beat the highly fancied Parramatta side would have to be the best....

PINGU said:

Still the highlight of the year for the Wests Tigers was the 2 weeks where 106 points were scored against them and they scored Ummmmmmmmmmmmm 0 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly! Where were all those WT's fans on that Saturday night? Probably having a latte in Starbucks in Balmain. Was it too cold for you little darlings to go to the footy?

PINGU

Juniors
Henson Park Hornets said:
PINGU said:

Exactly! Where were all those WT's fans on that Saturday night? Probably having a latte in Starbucks in Balmain. Was it too cold for you little darlings to go to the footy?

Damn right, they only seem to turn out to the games when they have a 75% chance of winning. If there is a chance of a loss the fairweather fans sit at home on the internet and complain about ref's, bag the crap out of players and talk about re-painting the toilet block at Leichardt hovel.

Unike the diehard Jets fans who get out and support thier team through thick and thin. At least the Jets had the courage to stand alone and not bow down to some joint venture.

I would bring back the mighty Newtown Jets in a second and relocate the Wests Tigers down to Adelaide and re-name them the Adelaide Magpies.

Jets diehards?

What, all 5 of them?

And I understand what you're saying about fairweather fans Pingu, the Jets had them by the millions, they just didn't bother going to the footy.

And if Wests Tigers fans only go to games that they think they'll win, that would explain the ground record at the Easts game....

pingu said:
At least the Jets had the courage to stand alone and not bow down to some joint venture."

You're getting worse. The Jets didn't fight to stay, Wests did. The Jets went out like pussies and now they're getting into the sack with Cronulla. They didn't sell their soul, they gave it away.

Eddie.

Bench
Ah the bitterness of some of these haters :lol:

How they must hate us being in the 8 and getting all these record crowds

So all they can come up with is the one game against melbourne, in 10 years time PINGU will probably still be going on about this game.

Eat Sh!t WT's haters, we are here to stay

:lol:

And the Newtown reference is a classic.

In their last 25 years of existence, Newtown had 6 crowds over 10,000 at Henson and their 5th highest home game crowd was at Campbelltown.

And they only averaged 6,000 the year they made the GF, 1981.

Newtown are gone and deserve to be gone.

Get over it.