What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light brown designs on women's hands?

___

Juniors
Hello. I'm sure most, if not all of us, have seen a woman/women with those designs on their hands. They look like light brown tattoos - and they're temporary.

I've seen some of them and I think, from a personal perspective, they are pretty out-there for people who work in and office as hands are pretty much used for things such as pointing at things during meetings etc... so my question is are these designs something that are cultural/religious or just a preferential thing among women?

___

Juniors
I know that's what they are, but are they a religious/cultural thing or just a design like regular tattoos? And why are they usually seen on hands?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Originally a religious/cultural thing from India that has become somewhat fashionable via tourists and hippie/new age types.