What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

like sand through the hour glass these are the threads of our reefy

should Todd be sacked?

• Yes. bubbling is an outrage

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • No >drinking other peoples Pizz has been part of League since Chook Raper

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Im undecided.

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lolesi

First Grade
Unfortunately our club is not in a position to sweep shit under the carpet.
The media have it bad for us
We have no sponsors
We are accused of mass drug cheating

Then this dick ( who is on a third warning ) does this.
Pissing into his own mouth!!!!!!
And a pic of it gets put in the Internet for all the world to see.

Maybe my mates and I are all prudes ... I'd never heard of it as a party trick.
I showed a couple of mates the pic yesterday and both times they reaction
was complete horror and confusion.

Great player some of the time
Absolute fool that has shown us guys ( the stupid fans )zero respect the rest of the time.

All of this is 100% spot on.

Any of you muppets who think differently are delusional .

The little gronk left the club no choice, surprised it has taken this long this year for him to do something that reached the media

ratsack2

Juniors
what really sits me is that on the front of the courier mail the whole front page is dedicated to carney, but the whole back page is dedicated to ferguson and how he is a changed man.

ratsack2

Juniors
you also forget to mention the wife beaters, 3 I can think of with no effort at all, then the group sex in a public toilet in Brisbane club, the captain who tackled a bar manager, the drink driver, the high profile fullback that tried to crack onto a minor. that are all still playing, but hey if you piss on yourself you get the sack.

Card Shark

Immortal
what really sits me is that on the front of the courier mail the whole front page is dedicated to carney, but the whole back page is dedicated to ferguson and how he is a changed man.

That's the very reason be is sacked.

The club (or game) cannot have this negative publicity.

Can't people see that...it's not that hard.

The prick was on about $650k to play good footy & be good .

He wasn't doing either!

Forgetting for the minute that this was so far from an isolated incident it's not funny. Forgetting the surrounding business environment and the situation the club is in. Forgetting all of that for a minute, to sit there and say "but so and so did such and such it's not fair".

Hooray f**k. Honestly. If those grubby pricks do that, so what. What are we, 5? Show some moral intestinal fortitude you clowns.

He did this to himself.

Southern Shark

Juniors
We don't stand up for ourselves. Greg Bird should have been the last mistake. Rushed in and sacked him and he was not guilty. Todd is the same mistake. Suspend, fine and rehabilitate. Roosters do it with players convicted. We can't do it with a player performing a camera stunt. Treat it for what it was, a stunt no different than planking naked on top of parliament.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Just to add to this, courtesy of Irvine's twitter again.

& to think only last week RL chuckled when TCs captain told how he belted another senior player while everyone was drunk. #goodculture

Throwing rocks in glass houses imo, it isn't like as soon as UNITY got in there was a snap culture change. It's fine to be bitter and angry with people, but just like with players behaviour, it isn't the wisest of choices to broadcast it over social media. It just chips away and does it's own damage.

ek999

First Grade
Do you honestly think any other club would of stood by Carney? With his record he was always going to get sacked for this

If you believe Bird was innocent then good for you.

There is a big difference between being acquitted and being not guilty, let me tell you.

Not withstanding that, Bird lied to his employer about the incident from the get go. We have short memories.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I know other teams would have. Definitely.
There was without a doubt a gun aimed at Carneys head from within the club. We need to know who & why.

Ads

First Grade
He has a point but yeah bit late to be saying that now. Think we would be better off with him here instead of unity though.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Everybody knows what happened with Bird. Everybody knows that no way in hell did he attack that girl with a glass or with anything at all. That is the simple fact despite a clear cut agenda by some "organisations" to paint a different picture.
The end result was that sacking Bird was supposed to save us money by keeping sponsors. In the end, it ended up costing us possibly over ten million as our teams chances faded dramatically. Quite possibly the catalyst for years of pain.
just keep the players for fucjjk sake, no matter what.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He has a point but yeah bit late to be saying that now. Think we would be better off with him here instead of unity though.
Unity was the change required to get rid of that board.
A new board is required now. LEts hope Sparkles team has a run again.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think another option opposed to the Unity ticket was what was needed now.

Latest posts