What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Likely Knights "Origin ravaged" side

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I was just going through this theory in my head and I thought I'd throw it out there. With the possibility that Kidley, Buderus, Simpson and quite possibly Mullen all being out for our matches against the Tigers (round 14) and the Rabbits (round 16 FNF), what do you think our team will look like? I think its safe to say that if all four with the possibility of Reynoldson (although I think he'll miss out on Qld) are out, we are probably 100-1 of winning these matches.

Have a stab at the side you think Smithy will name for these matches.

I'd like to see this side:

1. Stephen Gordon
2. James McManus
3. Brad Tighe
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Akuila Uate
6. Marvan Karawana/Daniel Abraham
7. Scott Dureau/Luke Walsh
8. Josh Perry
9. Terence Seu Seu/ Riley Brown
10. Mitchell Sargent
11. Cory Paterson
12. Clint "Kurt" Newton
13. Kirk Reynoldson

14. Todd Polglase
15. Kade Snowden
16. Daniel Tolar
17. Mark Taufua

Not exactly a side which is going to scare the pants off their opposition :(

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
CycloneSteve said:
12. Clint "Kurt" Newton

Huh????

Thats what Tony Archer called Newton when he was asking video ref to look at Fien try. He said something like 'I jus wanna check if Jurt Newton is pulled back by the player'.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
My side would be:

1. Stephen Gordon
2. Akuile Uate
3. Adam Mcdougall
4. Brad Tighe
5. James Mcmanus
6. Marvan Karawana
7. Luke Walsh, if fit
8. Josh Perry
9. Riley Brown
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Cory Paterson
12. Clint Newton
13. Kirk Reynoldson
14. Mark Taufua
15. Kade Snowden
16. Matthew White
17. I see you too terrence terrence (if fit)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
My side would be:

1. Stephen Gordon
2. Akuile Uate
3. Adam Mcdougall
4. Brad Tighe
5. James Mcmanus
6. Marvan Karawana
7. Luke Walsh, if fit
8. Josh Perry
9. Riley Brown
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Cory Paterson
12. Clint Newton
13. Kirk Reynoldson
14. Mark Taufua
15. Kade Snowden
16. Matthew White
17. I see you too terrence terrence (if fit)
My bad, I left out Wooly :oops: I'd have him in place of Perry

perverse

Referee
once again.. as was the case when mullen had his injury.. this could be a chance to explore other halves options (apart from mullen + whoever fits in the jersey)l.

Alex28

Coach
Why would Uate come in for Polglase when you are all selecting Gordon as a replacement for Kidley? Thats more wishful thinking rather than picking an "Origin ravaged" side isn't it? :)

Serc

First Grade
Correct.

LOL @ Kurt Newton...i burst out laughing when Archer said that on Saturday!

reginald.p

Juniors
1. Stephen Gordon
2. James McManus
3. Brad Tighe
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Todd Polglase
6. Marvan Karawana
7. Riley Brown
8. Josh Perry
9. Terence Seu Seu
10. Clint Newton
11. Mark Taufua
12. Cory Paterson
13. Kirk Reynoldson

14. Daniel Abraham
15. Mitchell Sargent
16. Adam Woolnough
17. Michael Young

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Alex28 said:
Why would Uate come in for Polglase when you are all selecting Gordon as a replacement for Kidley? Thats more wishful thinking rather than picking an "Origin ravaged" side isn't it? :)
Maybe it is a little, but I think Smithy will blood some new faces during the Origin period tbh

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Baron Vo Mandor said:
I'd expect Gidley and Simpson depending on minutes played to back up personally, and Jarrod to be rested.
So would I, but this is for the Knights matches prior to Origin two and three ;-)

Yosh

Coach
By Origin 2 and 3 Josh Perry will also be playing for Origin so take him out too^^;...

Its really harsh seeing that in a team you need the backbone to be solid, back bone being the fullback, one of the havles and the hooker, and all three of ours just get chosen to play Origin. Damage...

CJKnight

Juniors
Most backs will back up from Origin games and a bloke like Kidley could run marathons. If anyone gets a rest, it will be Simmo. Buderus will most likely just play less minutes, giving it to Brown and/or Karawana to take over for awhile.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
FFS I'm not talking about who's backing up and who isn't. I said who will we be missing for our matches against the Tigers and the Rabbitohs where we will be missing our Origin players.

Frederick

Staff member
Poffosbiggestfan said:
FFS I'm not talking about who's backing up and who isn't. I said who will we be missing for our matches against the Tigers and the Rabbitohs where we will be missing our Origin players.
So not only is CJ stating the blatantly f**king obvious, he's doing so about a completely different topic. Classic CJ.

Serc

First Grade
rofl, blow a gasket JD!

I'm not looking forward either to having the backbone of our team ripped out for 2 matches over the next 2 months...