What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lincoln Withers

Alan Shore

First Grade
Why does Sheens persist with this drop-kick (who can't even kick a footy) at halfback? Sure, he can tackle, but he CANNOT guide the team around the park, kick or setup any plays apart from some below par inside balls.

Come to think of it, what was wrong with Ben Jeffries? He was quite good in all of Withers' weaknesses, and if Ben Black gets rid of his arrogance he can be a good player.

brook

First Grade
Ben black could have made a fantastic player - but i doubt he will ever lose the attitude enough to make it

I agree lincolns gotta go but theres really not that much there to replace him

i would probably move farah to 5/8th for the rest of the year and then give benji marshall a go at half

the problem with that is it would be a VERY inexperienced combo with marshall only 17 and robbie 18...but it would at least give us some options in attack...then we go all out to buy some decent halves and robbie can move back to hooker next year

Alan Shore

First Grade
brook said:
Ben black could have made a fantastic player - but i doubt he will ever lose the attitude enough to make it

I agree lincolns gotta go but theres really not that much there to replace him

i would probably move farah to 5/8th for the rest of the year and then give benji marshall a go at half

the problem with that is it would be a VERY inexperienced combo with marshall only 17 and robbie 18...but it would at least give us some options in attack...then we go all out to buy some decent halves and robbie can move back to hooker next year

Doesn't Balmain Premier League have a gun halfback though?

brook

First Grade
nah the gun halfback in the club is benji marshall who's finishing school in queensland

balmain have sam obst and adam tippett - both good at their level but unlikely to go beyond

we have a couple of decent halves in flegg in john nash and damien braumann but they are both a long way off first grade if they make it there at all

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Benji will get a run sooner rather than later. His rep season for touch footy is now over and he is concentrating on league now. His studies also have nearly finished and he should be down here training with the top squad fulltime as early as the Parramatta Game